My car changes colour in multiplayer

Hi, I hope to get a bit of help. My car changes livery and colours when racing in multiplayer (GRID). Shows correctly in picture when selecting car, but then looks completely different once the race starts. Is it something I am doing or is it a bug in the game?

Doe

Edited by DoeCoba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoeCoba said:

Hi, I hope to get a bit of help. My car changes livery and colours when racing in multiplayer (GRID). Shows correctly in picture when selecting car, but then looks completely different once the race starts. Is it something I am doing or is it a bug in the game?

Doe

No help dude , this bug exist since release of game and suprisely devs has not done anything for fixing it.. All i can say is that the car you chose  get the livery colors of previous car u have chosen (only colors , livery is correct) Also when you are skirmish and you chose car to be sure that u will get the right color select first an other car , then chose the car you really want to race twice.. In this way most times u get the right colors..

Thank you very much for the reply Miatakias. We'll just hope that it get fixed eventually.

7 hours ago, DoeCoba said:

Thank you very much for the reply Miatakias. We'll just hope that it get fixed eventually.

I say again cause i explained a bit confused above .. You are in car selection screen , first chose any of the rest car  , then chose the car you really want to race twice (might works if u just chose it once) !Let me know if it works!

I got it first time so no so confusing. I have only played multiplayer one time since your reply and seemed to work on the two races we did where I could change car - we did two categories where there was just the one car to chose so got other colours there. In those classes I tried to change tuning to see if it fixed but it did not.

• Thanks 1

you have to select your car at least twice, its pathetic that CM have done nothing to fix this since release!  If you dont then you may end up with loaner car or wrong livery!

3 hours ago, CMTGK said:

This has now been fixed with the Post-Season 3 patch 

No it has not

Just a note about this working, if you have a custom coloured livery already saved prior to the update, you'll have to select that vehicle in a menu (pre-race/Skirmish) before the change will take effect, rather than be automatically allocated that vehicle. 

• Like 1