Sign in to follow this  

Practice Sessions

Hello co-F1 players,

I am doing a full career mode on F1 2019 and trying to replicate real life.

I noticed in real life practice 1 sessions were 26-30 laps, practice 2 33 laps, practice 3 13-17 laps, or something like that for Mercedes at Australia.

However, in career mode I do about 13 laps and complete all the practice programs once, get 325/325 resource points, and only have about 20-30 minutes left to somehow put in another 13 to do the minimum required to be semi-realistic.

Also, for some reason I can't select fuel load and go out for a pure 13. I'd have to do >2 race strategy programs.

I couldn't really be ****** with this. I was just wondering what others do to replicate practice in career.

You can change the fuel load in the car setup screen and go out and run as heavy as you want for basically as long as you want... Just not while doing a practice program.

In my season 2 of career mode I'm doing more heavy runs to get a feel and rhythm because I was rubbish in the first half of 50% races. 

• Thanks 1

Cheers, I realise what I got wrong now. I just forgot how to change fuel in set up. Possibly due to practice programs and new wheel controls and it being not so obvious and on different menu compared to tyres etc.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I do this too. I replicate some things from real life, after this you call me a crazy fool, but what can a do? I like realism.

Complete weekend, FP1-90 mins, FP2 90 mins, FP3 60 mins, Qualifying complete (I guess Q1 18mins, Q2 15 mins and Q3 12mins) and Race 100% distance.

Let's start in FP1:

- Load a setup, stay with hard compound, make an instalation lap, I set MIX to 1 and ERS to 1, my dashboard apears "OUT LAP" screen and back to pit.

- First test I do is the tire management, with medium tire (recomended), and go out (never fly lap) and try to beat target  and back to pit (I never use menu go to pit), I set MIX to 1 and ERS to 0, my dashboard apears "COOL DOWN" screen. 

- Next program is fuel management, I use the same tire from previous program, and try to beat target and back to pit.

- Next program is ERS management, I use the same tire from previous program (yeah, the same set of tires for 3 test programs), and try to beat target and back to pit.

- Next is the track acclimatisation, I use the same tire from previous program and back to pit.

- My next step to complete session is load more fuel, for about 15 laps, and use the remaing medium tire life, and back to pit. Load new set of soft tire and run some laps or test new wing configuration or differential.

In this time session is about to finish and race 23+ laps.

FP2:

- First test I do is the race program, and use the hard compound, most the track I can't beat the time by level difficult that I use (Williams at level 90). Back to pit, and run again the race program with medium tire, backup to pit and run again the race program with the soft tire and back to pit.

- in remaining time I use the soft and medium tire to hot laps, if other setup settings is better or worst.

FP3:

- I do the last program, the qualifying program. In most track I can't beat the target, so, back to pits set car at full heavy load and run some laps with used soft tire, and see how car behavior full load + soft tire with 8-10+ wear. If we pass to Q2 is almost same situation at race start.

Qualifying:

- Normally I left in Q1 haha, so in the race I can choose the tire for start race.

Race:

- Race normal at the back of pack, trying to beat the team objetives, finish at P18.

Edited by EduCalza
Spelling, sorry my english
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Do we know what fuel AI use in practice?

Nope and dont know modes either I would assume they use default fuel which is about 10 laps or so or the same fuel as the programs allow.

Knowing the ERS modes would greatly help.

22 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Do we know what fuel AI use in practice?

No, but I can see via Gary Swallow plugin, we can get all telemety from AI.

I know they use default setup, wing 6-6

SpyGate haha

17 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Nope and dont know modes either I would assume they use default fuel which is about 10 laps or so or the same fuel as the programs allow.

Knowing the ERS modes would greatly help.

Yeah, I guess too. they run with all default setup.