Jump to content Jump to content

DRS not working with Xbox 360 controller

tronced

Hello! I have purchased F1 2019 for Windows 10 very recently through Steam. I am using an Xbox 360 controller, as I don't have a wheel at the moment. Everything works perfectly, the game is absolutely amazing, but the DRS won't enable at any point. This means neither in time trial, GP mode or Career mode.

When I reach a DRS zone, the game beeps, but when I press the button it just won't work. I know this isn't a problem with the controller, as I tried using different buttons and they all work fine. When I use the same controller on F1 2013 for the Xbox 360 the DRS enables and disables properly.

I found some posts in this forum talking about changing the values in braking saturation, deadzone and linearity. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me either.

If anyone has an idea of what could be going on it would be very much appreciated. If there's some more info I could provide please let me know.

Thank you! 

28 minutes ago, tronced said:

Hello! I have purchased F1 2019 for Windows 10 very recently through Steam. I am using an Xbox 360 controller, as I don't have a wheel at the moment. Everything works perfectly, the game is absolutely amazing, but the DRS won't enable at any point. This means neither in time trial, GP mode or Career mode.

When I reach a DRS zone, the game beeps, but when I press the button it just won't work. I know this isn't a problem with the controller, as I tried using different buttons and they all work fine. When I use the same controller on F1 2013 for the Xbox 360 the DRS enables and disables properly.

I found some posts in this forum talking about changing the values in braking saturation, deadzone and linearity. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me either.

If anyone has an idea of what could be going on it would be very much appreciated. If there's some more info I could provide please let me know.

Thank you! 

It is a problem with the controller. The brake closes the DRS. Because your brake trigger is registering when you don't press it, the DRS won't open (or it does, but then shuts immediately).

Recalibrate your controller in Windows Control Panel. If you try remap, be sure to leave the trigger for a second, hold it for a second then let the trigger go immediately.

To prove it, disconnect the controller and use the keyboard controls. DRS will work.

16 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It is a problem with the controller. The brake closes the DRS. Because your brake trigger is registering when you don't press it, the DRS won't open (or it does, but then shuts immediately).

Recalibrate your controller in Windows Control Panel. If you try remap, be sure to leave the trigger for a second, hold it for a second then let the trigger go immediately.

To prove it, disconnect the controller and use the keyboard controls. DRS will work.

Hello! Thanks for answering.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. I have tried recalibrating my controller in the Control Panel three or four times, but it's still not working. When I go to the in-game callibration settings, the brakes are shown to be on 0% unless the trigger in activated. I wonder if the brakes can be causing the problem even though the callibration screen shows it's on 0%.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, steviejay69 said:

But I’m playing on the Xbox one x. Not pc. Any suggestions? 

20 minutes ago, Cristopherm27 said:

But I’m playing on the Xbox one x. Not pc. Any suggestions? 

It still could be the trigger registering. Go into the control calibration and press the accelerator trigger to maximum and hit the DRS button. If there is any registration on the brake then the DRS would close.

Xbox does support keyboard as of one of the latter patches AFAIK. USB keyboard and play?

If you have a PC to borrow, plug it in and just look at the raw output of the controller as above.

So I changed the camera view from cockpit to tv pod and saw that when I press “A” for DRS the back-wing does open. So it’s working, the only thing is that the virtual driver/my driver doesn’t move his hand when I press it? Is there a fix for this in the settings?

Now I’m also noticing that my brake pedal doesn’t work when I’m in the settings menu? Gas pedal to go right, brake pedal to go left. But it doesn’t work. Is there a fix for this? 

12 hours ago, Cristopherm27 said:

When you say “press the accelator trigger” you mean the gas pedal, right? I have a Mac that I can connect via USB? But don’t I need the SW of Thrustmaster to look? 

Yeah, when you tag on the end of another thread you have to make sure the issue is the same, this is clearly titled ......x360 controller......

Yes you would need the Windows software. I don't know about the animation bug, in which game mode is the animation not working? Car and track might also be helpful.

Archived