Sign in to follow this  

Braking Points

Just an idea for us new drivers, well me at least after F1 99 21 years ago!!  There are a set of F1 and F2 car setups for each circuit. 

What about a set of braking points at each turn of each circuit?? Would be a great help. 

17 minutes ago, thisdisplayname said:

Just an idea for us new drivers, well me at least after F1 99 21 years ago!!  There are a set of F1 and F2 car setups for each circuit. 

What about a set of braking points at each turn of each circuit?? Would be a great help. 

You mean artificial ones? If you look carefully most race game designers put helpful track objects right on this braking points and F1 is no exception. Look for camera boxes, marshals, tires, light posts anything you can use is useful. I found this the best method as I don't use assists as it looks less realistic. The sooner you start using own judgment the faster you will instinctively start braking at the right spot. There is nothing like crashing or braking way too early to help you learn fast!

Yes, I've been picking out track bits and bobs to brake as braking points.  Even using the little twig aerial in front of the cockpit against approaching bridges - eg the Yellow Pirelli bridge at Barcelona.  Rather like on my boat I have vertical "twang" stick right on the bow.  If that fits under the bridge, then the rest will and I don't have to go full astern!!

There was a youtuber who did circuit guides for one of the older games. Think it might've been 2016 or 2017 and I watched a few which helped on a couple of trickier tracks. Can't remember who it was and I couldn't find them when I looked for them a couple weeks ago when I was struggling in Singapore.

It thought it might be been tiametmarduk but I couldn't find them now

2 minutes ago, mouldy32 said:

There was a youtuber who did circuit guides for one of the older games. Think it might've been 2016 or 2017 and I watched a few which helped on a couple of trickier tracks. Can't remember who it was and I couldn't find them when I looked for them a couple weeks ago when I was struggling in Singapore.

It thought it might be been tiametmarduk but I couldn't find them now

I'm pretty sure that was TRL LIMITLESS who did that?

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm pretty sure that was TRL LIMITLESS who did that?

Just searched and TRL does do them but these aren't the ones I'd watched. TRL comentates at full speed, the visa I used to watch were like 12mins long with stills and greater detail on break point, gear changes, kers or ers (can't remember which was active) etc.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, mouldy32 said:

Just searched and TRL does do them but these aren't the ones I'd watched. TRL comentates at full speed, the visa I used to watch were like 12mins long with stills and greater detail on break point, gear changes, kers or ers (can't remember which was active) etc.

Ah Ok . If you remember make sure to share that info please!