Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] Faulty downshifting

Jwoos

I recently began playing F1 for the first time using my new Logitech G29 Steering Wheel and after a few races I noticed the game won't consistently register my downshifts.

The upshift works just fine but every few clicks of the left paddle shifter, one click isn't registered which can result in me not being able to properly take a corner.

As mentioned before I'm using a brand new G29. I have also tried the wheel on two other games, Gran Turismo Sport and Dirt Rally 2.0 to be specific. In these two games the left paddle shifter works perfectly so it isn't something to do with the wheel. I have played career mode and time trial mode and the issue is present in both. I couldn't find any similar issues in pre-existing posts, so I made this one.

Edit: I just tested a formula 1 car and the problem isn't present there at all so it is just a formula 2 thing, don't know if this is intended.

18 hours ago, Jwoos said:

I recently began playing F1 for the first time using my new Logitech G29 Steering Wheel and after a few races I noticed the game won't consistently register my downshifts.

The upshift works just fine but every few clicks of the left paddle shifter, one click isn't registered which can result in me not being able to properly take a corner.

As mentioned before I'm using a brand new G29. I have also tried the wheel on two other games, Gran Turismo Sport and Dirt Rally 2.0 to be specific. In these two games the left paddle shifter works perfectly so it isn't something to do with the wheel. I have played career mode and time trial mode and the issue is present in both. I couldn't find any similar issues in pre-existing posts, so I made this one.

Edit: I just tested a formula 1 car and the problem isn't present there at all so it is just a formula 2 thing, don't know if this is intended.

@Jwoos Check the Driving Force shifter is in Neutral. Disconnect any other controllers to troubleshoot.

Archived