I changed my gamertag

I recently changed my gamertag and only updated on the 8th of may on my codemasters profile, I only updated my closed beta application on the same day with the new gamertag, will it update my application or will it receive my old gamertag just wondering, really hoping to get into the closed beta again 

6 minutes ago, F1Alonso14 said:

Well, i'm not sure, but i think you couldn't update it. 

Lets hope man

I'm pretty sure from previous years when Codies check applications they confirm gamer tags are working. If not that's an auto reject I think. If you changed it AFTER the closing time it should be invalid yes? You could try changing it back maybe. They have a ton of apps to go through so I'm pretty sure they need everything working as a pre-condition. I remember last year a couple people changed their tags before the deadline and the forum admin helped them sort it out in time. I can't confirm any of this sorry just trying to help you! Good luck!

37 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm pretty sure from previous years when Codies check applications they confirm gamer tags are working. If not that's an auto reject I think. If you changed it AFTER the closing time it should be invalid yes? You could try changing it back maybe. They have a ton of apps to go through so I'm pretty sure they need everything working as a pre-condition. I remember last year a couple people changed their tags before the deadline and the forum admin helped them sort it out in time. I can't confirm any of this sorry just trying to help you! Good luck!

Thank you so much man, sadly due to the new gamertag system on xbox I can’t change it back due to it being over 12 characters, hopefully they’ll be able to help people in my situation out as well as me 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, B37 WHEEZE said:

Thank you so much man, sadly due to the new gamertag system on xbox I can’t change it back due to it being over 12 characters, hopefully they’ll be able to help people in my situation out as well as me 

Ah sorry man and you're welcome. Yes if it is something Microsoft forced on you with bad timing that you had no control over you might get help maybe but you'd need to ask now before it's too late and the list is done. Try asking BarryBL maybe he's in charge organizing the beta this year? He's a helpful chap if it IS possible I'm sure he'd help you.

12 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Ah sorry man and you're welcome. Yes if it is something Microsoft forced on you with bad timing that you had no control over you might get help maybe but you'd need to ask now before it's too late and the list is done. Try asking BarryBL maybe he's in charge organizing the beta this year? He's a helpful chap if it IS possible I'm sure he'd help you.

Thanks so much for the help and recommendation, i just sent him a message now hopefully all goes well, wish me luck!

• Agree 1