Career stats availability

Posted (edited)

Hi!

A controller user with most assists between 2 and 4 and autobox here, I do feel how much time that auto box steals, but this is my way of frustrating relaxation. Somehow I managed to beat the masters career in a Mini:

- 1st in Poland (with engine upgrade II!),

- 2nd in Sweden,

- 2nd in New Zealand,

- 16th in Scotland (I don't think the curve there is exactly in line with others),

- 6th or 8th in Monte Carlo (won downhill stages, lost heavily uphill, the fact that I don't remember the exact place is a part of the problem)

- 2nd in Spain (again, struggled on every uphill stage but way less than in MC)

Anyway, this achievement may seem laughable to you, that's understandable 🙂 I could do RWD up until Elite with unlocked diff, but could only beat Elite with H2 FWD cars, 4WD for some reason I'm not as excited about, to each his own I guess. My issue however is that I have no trace of coming first in masters, and I guess if I don't see it in my stats, it makes me sad. Now I understand, that seeking validation from an AI mode is questionable, but there's now a small void which I probably have to try and fill with beating masters using a more powerful car now...

And to get to the question finally: is there a way to confirm my career run if I haven't made any screenshots or is it only a painful yet sweet memory now? 🙂

Edited by Philigula
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

nice one.

yeah, it would be nice if there were more stats recording (that players could see) in general in these games. community events are a big one too: the official site records the rankings for them, but it just has the times everyone did on each stage, not which tier you were in etc. plus, it only records this data for "standard" community events, not Promo or Bonus ones. nothing for AI challenges either, or anything else in Freeplay or Colin McRae mode.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

So it's not hidden anywhere I haven't looked then. Kind of sad there's no steam achievement for that either, oh well 🙂

My goal is still to beat Masters in a Audi Sport quattro S1 E2.
But to make things a little more interesting: Hardcore Damage enabled and no restarts at any point.

But yeah, unfortunately there is no record for beating Masters.

@somethingthing I have that achievement and I believe I received it for historic mode group B, because I certainly didn't beat master with those cars. I can manage elite with them but after that it's just too many restarts 🙂  

18 hours ago, Philigula said:

@somethingthing I have that achievement and I believe I received it for historic mode group B, because I certainly didn't beat master with those cars. I can manage elite with them but after that it's just too many restarts 🙂  

yes, the trophy is for the historic mode championship. there aren't really any trophies/achievements related to career mode other than On The Ladder, which is for winning your first My Team event (which I suppose could be unlocked by winning an AI challenge, but I haven't tested it)