Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Formula 1 Buckwud Grand Prix du Canada 2015

This weekend is the Canadian Grand Prix, one of my top 3 on the calendar, without a doubt!

Can Lewis Hamilton break Nico Rosberg's run of two wins in a row?
Can Ferrari and Honda make gains with their upgraded power units?
Can Williams fight Mercedes for the victory?

I also thought I'd tell you all that last year's winner, Daniel Ricciardo, answered my question on Periscope earlier today! He was doing a broadcast with Red Bull Canada, and he answered my question, which I'm very happy about, so he's heard of my name aha :p 

The question was 'what was your best overtake you've made?' He said it was his move on Vettel last year at Monza into the chicane.

I had a look for an article I wrote and Gilles Villenueve, Jean Alesi, Lewis Hamilton, Robert Kubica and Daniel Ricciardo have all taken their first wins here. That's a lot for a single track!

fIsince08 said:
I had a look for an article I wrote and Gilles Villenueve, Jean Alesi, Lewis Hamilton, Robert Kubica and Daniel Ricciardo have all taken their first wins here. That's a lot for a single track!
Indeed in fact if I remember rightly it was Alesi's only win

fIsince08 said:
It was, and F1 Stat Man just told me Boutsen can be added to that list.
Monaco holds the record with nine first timers apparently.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:

Yeah I only remember that as it was around that time that I was getting into F1

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Lots of interesting stats about Canada

Some of those are wrong, a few races were red flagged in the 50s and 60s and the BBC showed Japan 76.

fIsince08 said:
Some of those are wrong, a few races were red flagged in the 50s and 60s and the BBC showed Japan 76.
Those stats are only for that race.

Saturday night will be better :p Some proper competition! 

Bit of a silly crash for Hamilton, least his car doesn't really seem to be damaged other than the front wing.

Really a dumb crash by Hamilton.
Well he couldn't really do anything once it aquaplaned, so how is it dumb? The decision to send them out on inters was dumb, but not the crash itself.

Hughesy said:
Really a dumb crash by Hamilton.
Well he couldn't really do anything once it aquaplaned, so how is it dumb? The decision to send them out on inters was dumb, but not the crash itself.
I fail to see the difference between the crash being dumb and the circumstances resulting in the crash being dumb. I'm guessing you just want to find anyway to blame Merc and not Lewis.

Not trying to start anything... just think there was nothing to gain (for either Lewis or Merc) for running in the wet on inters and thus the crash was dumb.

To be fair to Lewis, if he was gonna crash anywhere at that corner and if he could choose which part of the car to crash with, he made the perfect choice! Only front wing damage which is easily replaceable.

Stupid crash all round. We know that Mercedes's decision making has been off recently :tongue:

Hamilton showing his class once again, didn't have a good P3 but still beats Rosberg by a big margin (in F1 terms). Rosberg moaning on the radio as always. :joy: