Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Formula 1 Buckwud Grand Prix du Canada 2015

Meh. Other than Malaysia, Ferrari's race pace for tomorrow looks the most competitive it's been all year. Trust the first car failure of the season to come at this moment in particular, and ruin the oppurtunity. Hopefully Kimi can give the Mercedes a hard time. 

Great job by Lotus btw. 

All in all a good day for Vettel :joy: Should be fun watching him storm through the pack with steam coming out of his helmet....

I think a grid penalty is a bit unfair, considering it happened in practice and has no effect on the race. Maybe a fine plus the penalty points would have been better.

Makes tomorrow more exciting though!

I'm looking forward to Seb storming through the field, will make for some nice overtakes. However, for the sake of the championship it would've been better to have him near the front. 

Got the race set to record, just incase I don't get back from Bristol airport in time :#

Looking forward to some great overtakes today, like this one from last year!

(from reddit.com/r/formula1)

Safety cars are pretty common in Canada right? Maybe Seb has a shot at 4th...

I think a grid penalty is a bit unfair, considering it happened in practice and has no effect on the race. Maybe a fine plus the penalty points would have been better.

Overtaking under a red flag is a big no no in any forms of Motorsport
I remember a time when I was karting when the clerk of the course told us off for not slowing down enough under a red flag that was during practice

The red flag is basically the yellow flag in practice/testing  

Juice29 said:

Overtaking under a red flag is a big no no in any forms of Motorsport
I remember a time when I was karting when the clerk of the course told us off for not slowing down enough under a red flag that was during practice

The red flag is basically the yellow flag in practice/testing  
red flag means stop racing in my book. I've not had too many in the C|M games but I did have one that actually worked out in my favour once at Monaco as I started a race 3rd and ended up coming in second thanks to the incident as I gained a place thanks to it. Was one of the few Monaco GP's that ended up being quite a fun race for me.

Red flag also means.slow down. In the video Vettel did not slow down while.Merhi did. That's probably why he overtook him and got the penalty

Hoping this race can wake me up, tired after driving to Bristol airport and back. Guess what @RevolvingPrawn  I got stuck in the middle of a huge motorbike meet :#  No work tomorrow, so beer it is B) 

Haha! Were you tempted to ram a few like you often do in GTA? ;)

I've cracked out the energy drink for this one but I'm hoping it's gonna be interesting enough that I don't need it.

Haha! Were you tempted to ram a few like you often do in GTA? ;)

I've cracked out the energy drink for this one but I'm hoping it's gonna be interesting enough that I don't need it.
Yea, I was looking for my baseball bat as they overtook me :joy: What was really annoying me was them swerving back in front of me and setting off my anti collision thingy... It beeps at me and then brakes if I get too close, I'd need to turn it off before I could run them over o:)

Haha so your car was preventing you from committing murder? :p 

@fIsince08 It was horrific! But so funny :D No idea how all the drivers kept a straight face.

Haha so your car was preventing you from committing murder? :p 

@fIsince08 It was horrific! But so funny :D No idea how all the drivers kept a straight face.
Not really, as they were the ones setting it off by overtaking when oncoming traffic was coming and swerving mm from my bumper, I was just driving normally ;)

Brilliant driving from the Sauber and Williams drivers :# Already drank a bottle of beer :D

Alonso retiring before he's given a penalty for Hulkenberg's spin.

I know this hasn't been the best Canadian GP but I'm enjoying it, maybe it's the beer :D