Failures, Damage, and Physics

Failures and damage  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following failures would you rather have in any new F1 games (2020-future)?

• Engine failures
    • Brake failures
    • Suspension failures
  2. 2. Which areas of damage/physics would you have added into the game (if it was possible)? [Multiple choice]

• Rear wing
    • Sidepods
    • More realistic tyre physics (i.e. when front wing touches car in front and puncture occurs, flat spotting, tyre contact causing other car to bounce, etc.)
    • Undertray
  3. 3. Which of the following physics model improvements would you have? [Multiple choice]

• Downforce (in game it feels as if it is mostly tyre grip and little downforce through the corners)
    • Tyres (wear, flat spotting, grip, punctures, etc.)
    • Flipping/barrel rolling when crashing badly (can happen already, but acts very weirdly)
    • Driving over kerbs (most kerbs are inaccurate and can spin you out easily, like at Spa)
    • Gravel trap physics (i.e. getting trapped)/AstroTurf physics (i.e. spinning out like Giovinazzi at Spa 2019 at Pouhon)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 7/7/2020 at 03:59

I've moved this to the F1 forums 🙂 I'm already interested in the results

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can't choose and participate in this poll, as:

All of these options you listed, need to be in the game!

(But, if i had to choose a few options out of this "very specific questionnaire": more realistic tire physics, underfloor / sidepod / rear wing damage, random failures and more realistic downforce levels, as well as more realistic kerbs would be my choice as a "must have".)

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Guys it’s time to face it: all of this will never happen. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MrHawk said:

Guys it’s time to face it: all of this will never happen. 

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/madness/

instead with the collaboration of SMS, with the new generation it will not be a dream. I recommend reading this, what SMS programmers are capable of doing. Now that they are one with Codemasters, we could open a wonderful cycle of F1 games, going towards simulation. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

instead with the collaboration of SMS, with the new generation it will not be a dream. I recommend reading this, what SMS programmers are capable of doing. Now that they are one with Codemasters, we could open a wonderful cycle of F1 games, going towards simulation. 

Or more likely, SMS could be the ones making the new Dirt game, and not touching the F1 games at all.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

If codemasters are in any way serious about improving their racing games they must use the madness engine. It is a no brainer, codemasters have SMS in house. No doubt they could have easier and cheaper access to the madness engine, not to mention support.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Engine failures and the many ilks of it IMO should not exist in this game, as fiascoes and the likes would only disrupt game play when the intent of any game is continuous play.  Recall this is still a game, and not an exact replica of the sport.  What I'd like to see replicated more in the game is tire shedding and clag being picked up by tires providing more grip under certain conditions. Spend more time on tire/tarmac physics than on stoppage issues. 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

Engine failures and the many ilks of it IMO should not exist in this game, as fiascoes and the likes would only disrupt game play when the intent of any game is continuous play. 

Well I'm sure there would be an option to toggle it on and off.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, OPgiSh0tz said:

Well I'm sure there would be an option to toggle it on and off.

True, every extra option is always welcome as long as it can be configured to user preference. Forcing a player to accept a new idea because the majority want it included is not welcome.

• Agree 1