Jump to content Jump to content

cpu usage 100% in f1 2019 game

1.       CPU usage is always 100% in game. this is causing stutterings during gameplay. system details: i5-9300h, 1660 ti, 16 gb, dx12
2.       game version:1.0.61.4494
3.       Game-mode-very high/high
4.       whenever i play the game, cpu usage is 100%, which I dont think is normal. gpu and ram usage is 60 and 50 respectively. this occurs all the time when i play the game. i aam using xbox one controller. 

DxDiag.txt

Check your task manager to see which programs besides F1 2019 have a notable cpu usage, because F1 2019 itself shouldn't max out your cpu. I haven't checked myself though, because things run smoothly (I have an i5 from around 2013, I believe, so also not quite the most up-to-date cpu).

There might some unnecessary programs running in the background. Windows 10 does that. If it's really only F1 2019 that is having a high CPU usage, you can only try to lower graphic settings, although those should actually only affect your gpu, not your cpu. That's all I can think of right now, hopefully others have some better ideas or you will already see the culprit in your task manager...

48 minutes ago, EyTschej said:

Check your task manager to see which programs besides F1 2019 have a notable cpu usage, because F1 2019 itself shouldn't max out your cpu. I haven't checked myself though, because things run smoothly (I have an i5 from around 2013, I believe, so also not quite the most up-to-date cpu).

There might some unnecessary programs running in the background. Windows 10 does that. If it's really only F1 2019 that is having a high CPU usage, you can only try to lower graphic settings, although those should actually only affect your gpu, not your cpu. That's all I can think of right now, hopefully others have some better ideas or you will already see the culprit in your task manager...

Thanks for the input. 

I already checked this multiple times and everytime it's only f1 2019 which is hogging all the cpu. I bought my laptop(acer predator helios 300) last year October, so it's fairly new. I am wondering if doing a fresh installation could solve that. Other than that, i cant think of anything else. I have played battlefield 1,gta 5 all maxed out, no issues. 

4 hours ago, sayanghosh48 said:

1.       CPU usage is always 100% in game. this is causing stutterings during gameplay. system details: i5-9300h, 1660 ti, 16 gb, dx12
2.       game version:1.0.61.4494
3.       Game-mode-very high/high
4.       whenever i play the game, cpu usage is 100%, which I dont think is normal. gpu and ram usage is 60 and 50 respectively. this occurs all the time when i play the game. i aam using xbox one controller. 

DxDiag.txt

1.11 BIOS

Update to VGA driver 442.74

Use Geek Uninstaller to remove Acer User Experience Improvement Program.

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching game after doing these updates.

Try testing without the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse if still no joy.

On 5/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, steviejay69 said:

1.11 BIOS

Update to VGA driver 442.74

Use Geek Uninstaller to remove Acer User Experience Improvement Program.

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching game after doing these updates.

Try testing without the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse if still no joy.

Did but no avail. Still the same. I updated to the latest nvidia drivers. It is still laggy. And sometimes crashes too. 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, sayanghosh48 said:

Thanks for the input. 

I already checked this multiple times and everytime it's only f1 2019 which is hogging all the cpu. I bought my laptop(acer predator helios 300) last year October, so it's fairly new. I am wondering if doing a fresh installation could solve that. Other than that, i cant think of anything else. I have played battlefield 1,gta 5 all maxed out, no issues. 

Quick answer is give that a try. You can back the game up from Steam if it's quicker than redownloading.

Archived