Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 PC Crashing


trussell20

Recommended Posts

My F1 2019 is crashing every time I open it, I have followed previous threads and installed the Nvidia 445.98 hotfix and uninstalled the previous driver. This has not worked.

I play using direct x 12 and the error message displayed is in the Ego Dumper.

I have also disabled the in-game overlay and delete sound configuration file, both have not fixed the issue.

I have a Nvidia geforce rtx 2070 super GPU.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you got anything else running in the background? (in your windows tray for example).  Turn off anything you can, sometimes it causes a conflict (including Antivirus, I know you might want to leave it on usually, but worth trying as a test).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, trussell20 said:

My F1 2019 is crashing every time I open it, I have followed previous threads and installed the Nvidia 445.98 hotfix and uninstalled the previous driver. This has not worked.

I play using direct x 12 and the error message displayed is in the Ego Dumper.

I have also disabled the in-game overlay and delete sound configuration file, both have not fixed the issue.

I have a Nvidia geforce rtx 2070 super GPU.

Thanks

Post a dxdiag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Morsify said:

Have you got anything else running in the background? (in your windows tray for example).  Turn off anything you can, sometimes it causes a conflict (including Antivirus, I know you might want to leave it on usually, but worth trying as a test).

Hi @Morsify, I closed everything else and exited all apps in the tray and I still face the issue. Thanks for your help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@trussell20 Can you remove the Bose headphones whilst troubleshooting?

DDU your drivers and reinstall 445.98. Reboot and delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching. 

@steviejay69 I followed your instructions, on launch the game crashed and gave me an ego dumper message. I have attached the error text in case it will help.

Thanks for your help with this

Egodumper3.rtf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, trussell20 said:

@steviejay69 I followed your instructions, on launch the game crashed and gave me an ego dumper message. I have attached the error text in case it will help.

Thanks for your help with this

Egodumper3.rtf

Can't spot anything meaningful. The BIOS of your motherboard is labelled as PC Specialist, however I'm unable to find your configuration. 

The audio driver is quite old. However, without the mainboard support I can't make suggestions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Can't spot anything meaningful. The BIOS of your motherboard is labelled as PC Specialist, however I'm unable to find your configuration. 

The audio driver is quite old. However, without the mainboard support I can't make suggestions.

@steviejay69 Does the attached info help at all?

Annotation 2020-05-10 221758.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, trussell20 said:

@steviejay69 Thanks for that, I have updated them all 🙂 Sadly my game is still crashing...

Basic troubleshooting, verify Steam files?

Creating a Steam backup of the game, uninstalling then reinstalling from backup creates the first run scenario. This often updates or repairs MS runtimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Basic troubleshooting, verify Steam files?

Creating a Steam backup of the game, uninstalling then reinstalling from backup creates the first run scenario. This often updates or repairs MS runtimes.

Steam file verification was successful.

I also tried the backup and install from it, this didn't work either the game crashed when trying to load my career.

I appreciate your help on this, anything else you think I could try?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds very much like the crash is related to the career save. 
 
Can you play non career modes?

Is there any background to the crashes? 

Have you changed anything in the computer?

Have you played the game and returned to it after a time (I.e. gap in playing?)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It sounds very much like the crash is related to the career save. 
 
Can you play non career modes?

Is there any background to the crashes? 

Have you changed anything in the computer?

Have you played the game and returned to it after a time (I.e. gap in playing?)

 

The time of crash varies, for example I just loaded the game to test your career theory and it quit to desktop on the inital 'Press any button' screen.

Nothing has changed on my pc, I have been playing the game for the last few weeks and then suddenly a few days ago it started crashing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then (aside from suggesting diagnostic tests or reinstalling Windows) I don't have much more to offer you in terms of setting up the PC, sorry.

Last things to look at are any motherboard overclocking or lighting utilities, firmware or drivers for mice or keyboards.

There should be no third party AV on your machine (Windows Defender is sufficient).

Have you tried running with V-SYNC and capping the framerate? My system seems to be able to hold 120FPS on High with recording and overlays on all tracks I've been on so far in MP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried a Windows reset yesterday with no success, I have just uninstalled all lighting utilities and restarted but it is still crashing on load.

I am only running Windows defender, I turned on v-sync and then tired loading a grand prix - it crashed the game and my monitor lost signal and wouldn't come back on so I had to force shut down with the power button and then restart

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, trussell20 said:

Hi @BarryBL, I just loaded twice to get the crash dump and it crashed both times without loading the ego dumper. Here are 3 reports form yesterday, will that be ok?

 

@steviejay69 Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it! 😄 

Egodumper.rtf

Egodumper2.rtf

Egodumper3.rtf

@BarryBL Here's a fresh ego dumper report

egodumper4.rtf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...