Any tips on how to take the Monaco hairpin? I’m driving on PS4 with pad 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

stay on the right side. go a bit deep, and full lock to the left trying to take only a bit of inside kerb. don't go full over it cause it will have you go into the wall on the right, (because of angle and because of bumps) It's still a hairpin so take it like a hairpin: go deep and late apex. 

Example of late apex:

hairpin-line.thumb.png.c7278125a46029d132c85bc99dad13fb.png

But then to the left obviously 😉

Edited by Bicarda
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Good diagram by @Bicarda
Another important action is to time your turn to start either a split second before you finish braking. This is because while you brake the weight of the car is much more centered on the front of the car. This gives the front wheels much more grip so makes it easier to turn tighter. This is racing 101 and useful to know to get round tight corners better but especially needed at Monaco as this turn is the tightest turn on the f1 calendar!

I personally take the turn a little deeper and closer to the wall than the diagram shows but that also leaves me open for a pass from behind. Can be very useful to watch F1 hot laps at the course to see how the real drivers do it.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Any tips on how to take the Monaco hairpin? I’m driving on PS4 with pad 

Its important mate 1st place if you are using a Pad (me too) change the controller settings.. I Will give mine to you 

Steering Deadzone 0 

Steering Linearity 10

Steering Saturation 12

Throttle Deadzone 10

Throttle Linearity 12

Throttle Saturation 0

Braking Deadzone 0

Braking Linearity 10

Braking Saturation 0

These i use in Multiplayer and had used before for about 4 months.. Actually i use these :

Steering Deadzone 0

Steering Linearity 25

Steering Saturation 8

Throttle Deadzone 0

Throttle Linearity 25

Throttle Saturation 0

Braking Deadzone 0

Braking Linearity 25

Braking Saturation 0

Please give me your Feedback when you try it.. Start with Time trial and do some laps to feel the car and his behauvior.. What user Bicardia said its very important.. When you have a very tight and closest hairpin you should do a late turn in and a large line to gain Speed on the exit of the turn.. That technique you gain 0.2 or more sec per lap. 

Hope helped you mate.. Please give a Feedback about the settings 

Edited by CarlosSantos87

4 hours ago, Bicarda said:

stay on the right side. go a bit deep, and full lock to the left trying to take only a bit of inside kerb. don't go full over it cause it will have you go into the wall on the right, (because of angle and because of bumps) It's still a hairpin so take it like a hairpin: go deep and late apex. 

Example of late apex:

hairpin-line.thumb.png.c7278125a46029d132c85bc99dad13fb.png

But then to the left obviously 😉

Very well explained Mate 😃😃.. Its the recommended technique.. That way you gain 0.2 sec per lap.. "slow in fast out" rule ever 

• Agree 1

Thanks for all the help.

im currently doing a championship season 100% race with sainz. Qualified 13th in Monaco started on the mediums and not really made any inroads the race just driving round behind the other couple of drivers in front who also started on mediums.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Thanks for all the help.

im currently doing a championship season 100% race with sainz. Qualified 13th in Monaco started on the mediums and not really made any inroads the race just driving round behind the other couple of drivers in front who also started on mediums.

Good luck! Will probably take a few seasons to get better at it. Or in the case of some of us here a lifetime lol. 🙄

1 hour ago, peanutt2000 said:

Thanks for all the help.

Did you try the settings? Give your Feedback please 

10 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Did you try the settings? Give your Feedback please 

I tried the settings I still struggled a bit though. I struggled in the sense of speed and confidence. I wasn’t hitting the barriers or anything like that I did well in that regard I just couldn’t get my confidence and speed up like I said previously. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peanutt2000 said:

I tried the settings I still struggled a bit though. I struggled in the sense of speed and confidence. I wasn’t hitting the barriers or anything like that I did well in that regard I just couldn’t get my confidence and speed up like I said previously. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

The welcome mate.. Tell me what settings you Did like more and what was your biggest difference noted