Jump to content Jump to content

Frequently booted out of multiplayer session

TomInce

Anyone frequently booted out of multiplayer sessions especially if using Dell equipment with Killer Network Adapters may find this useful.  Check your Killer Control Center and make sure F1 and Steam are top two priority for network traffic and also set bandwidth limits in here.  If you are on other equipment check if you have similar software interfering with game traffic.   For me my internet connection was always fine, firewall not blocking anything etc.  Seems to be the network adapter software.  

1 hour ago, TomInce said:

Anyone frequently booted out of multiplayer sessions especially if using Dell equipment with Killer Network Adapters may find this useful.  Check your Killer Control Center and make sure F1 and Steam are top two priority for network traffic and also set bandwidth limits in here.  If you are on other equipment check if you have similar software interfering with game traffic.   For me my internet connection was always fine, firewall not blocking anything etc.  Seems to be the network adapter software.  

If it's of any historical significance, the older Intel Pro-Set management suite was responsible for a lot of disconnects and I remember an Nvidia chipset driver that if you installed the LAN driver you could forget any kind of network including internet....

Killer equipment is making bold claims whereas for gaming, a reliable N connection would be fine...always wear a wire. 🙂

Archived