F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

When I don’t have ABS assist, do I have to brake earlier than usual?

I’ve just turned of ABS assist but find it difficult to brake in time for the corner. So will I have to brake earlier than I usually used to do without ABS assist now I’ve turned it off?

Thank you and I really appreciate any replies!

The answer is a no. You have to floor the brake pedal at 100% & ease up until threshold.

Also Trail braking is reversed in videogame, because no lift off oversteer. You can't even trailbrake to drift in many games, so that's something you have to experiment in order to win effortless.

You have to turn the steering before releasing the brake pressure(at the treshold, completely floored with ABS) in order to make the car rotate. Once you ease use the brake, you repeat the procedure & make it look like trail braking.

Most people think you have to be in sync or release the brake pressure before turning the steering, but it doesn't work like that in games. 

8 hours ago, MrDeap said:

The answer is a no. You have to floor the brake pedal at 100% & ease up until threshold.

Also Trail braking is reversed in videogame, because no lift off oversteer. You can't even trailbrake to drift in many games, so that's something you have to experiment in order to win effortless.

You have to turn the steering before releasing the brake pressure(at the treshold, completely floored with ABS) in order to make the car rotate. Once you ease use the brake, you repeat the procedure & make it look like trail braking.

Most people think you have to be in sync or release the brake pressure before turning the steering, but it doesn't work like that in games. 

Thank you! That really helped!

What I mean is you brake at 100 & when it start to give up, you have to find the threshold. In some games depending how it is programmed, it's impossible to give better result than with ABS as the inside front tire will tend to lock up & lose some of the front vertical load.

In a nutshell... when you brake hard, you have to reach a certain amount of vertical load on the front tire before using the steering to rotate the car. If you don't implement this method... all you get is understeer. It result slower entry speed & make the nose not correctly pointed for the exit phase.

The general rule is you use the front to hold the cornering during the whole entry phase. So any acceleration of some sort using the accelerator pedal before the apex point, result a massive lost in cornering speed. The whole point is to make the car rotate, while gripping, enough so you can floor it for the exit phase.

You may have heard about early on power, but the true meaning is "late on/off throttle control". It's either you start to accelerate smoothly at the apex or on/off a bit later. You can experiment yourself & you will hardly see much difference in result between both method.

• Agree 1

It is simply catching the point of the brake, it brakes in the same place. In rain it is also important to use it very gently

• Agree 1