Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Actual number of total weekly event finishers

So I went through the entire PS4 leaderboard for the Spain Weekly Event GP and was surprised to see that as of 2 minutes ago, out of the total number of 12,485, only 5012 have actually completed the event. The rest are DNF. I noticed the same thing last week with the Mexico GP.  Roughly just over 5,000 finished and the rest DNF. I'm chalking it up to life comes first and these people had more important things to tend to. I wouldn't be able to do that unless an emergency hit. Just thought I'd share that info in case anybody wondered about the total numbers of finishers.

Dnf should mean they raced or at least tried to, but got eliminated one way or the other and were done with the kamikaze fest that it is.

if they didn't race it should be a DNS, or no info whatsoever

It looks like all the DNF people qualified, but didn't take part in any races.

50 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

It looks like all the DNF people qualified, but didn't take part in any races.

Any idea how many finish races with full grid finish with less then half of drivers on the grid?🤣 when you take out the idiots, the Ai which is moronic, and other crazy things? Almost each race, so doesn't seem weird for me

This can also be a direct consequence of the following error: 

A lot of people (including me) seem to cope with this error. If you receive this error during a race, it does not count that race as participated in. The weekly events are unplayable due to this error for many people. I hope codemasters will fix this, as their name suggest (code'masters') this shouldn't be a big deal ;).

Yeah, it's incredible how many people just drive the qualifying and don't even care to visit the Weekly Event screen once during the Weekly event, but I think a lot of them are fed up of the "No Multiplayer rights" issue when the host leaves, which is understandable.

Personally I think if you compare length of practice/quali (5 days) vs race (2 days) it should be a bit more balanced out. I would say make Friday already a race day, so you have 4 days to qualify, still a lot and 3 days with 11 hours per day to get a race in, what do you think?

8 hours ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Yeah, it's incredible how many people just drive the qualifying and don't even care to visit the Weekly Event screen once during the Weekly event, but I think a lot of them are fed up of the "No Multiplayer rights" issue when the host leaves, which is understandable.

Personally I think if you compare length of practice/quali (5 days) vs race (2 days) it should be a bit more balanced out. I would say make Friday already a race day, so you have 4 days to qualify, still a lot and 3 days with 11 hours per day to get a race in, what do you think?

After hearing about that Error that basically shuts people out, I would say, I couldn't even explain how upset I would be if that happened to me. I feel for all the people that it happens to. It's an absolute joke that in 2019/2020 a game can have an issue as detrimental as that. 

As for the length of the events, I agree that we definitely don't need 5 days to qualify. I would say 4 at most. I wouldn't be opposed to races on Fri, Sat, Sun either. I would also suggest running a featured event at the same time as a Weekly GP. The reason I would suggest this is because the majority of the week is spent waiting around. For example, I did my practice/qualifying on Monday morning around 1-2 am EST. Basically hours after the new event started. I am now waiting 5 days for a race. Usually I'm done after the first race I enter, assuming it's not a bumper car fest in turn 1. So after my race, I am again waiting around another 30 plus hours for the event to finish. If I had a featured event to do a million times during this waiting period I think it would be a more valuable use of time for myself and everyone else. I have all my stats maxed out and Master Rank and S safety rating so there really isn't much motivation to join any races during the week. This week I'll probably practice with my Event car on the Russia track and just wait wait wait for the weekend.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bb14 said:

This can also be a direct consequence of the following error: 

A lot of people (including me) seem to cope with this error. If you receive this error during a race, it does not count that race as participated in. The weekly events are unplayable due to this error for many people. I hope codemasters will fix this, as their name suggest (code'masters') this shouldn't be a big deal ;).

This is absolutely disgraceful that an error like this occurs. I'm at a loss for words that it exists this day in age. I would be gone mad if I had to deal with this.

Ha ha, I started it yesterday and DNF due to an aggressive overtake move that caused a spin out - then I purposely smashed into a wall to tire tether the front right wheel - more times!  

Posted (edited)

For me at least, I start well with good intentions but struggle to follow through on turning up at all. The novelty has worn off anyway.

But yes, a lot of any racing is won by simply turning up on time and not crashing and aiming for 10th.

It is a boring reality but if you can master it good.

Edited by thatsfine