Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ford Sierra Cosworth-AI driver not shifting out of 1st gear

When I attempt to drive the Ford Sierra Cosworth with the transmission set to automatic, I find that the car no longer reliably shifts out of 1st gear.  Instead, the engine will stay at max RPMs and the car will just putter along at 40 KpH.  Sometimes it will shift up to 2nd after a few seconds but often the engine will just stay in 1st gear for quite some time.  This has been occurring since the update at or around May 26th.  I had hoped it would have been addressed in the latest update but the issue still persists. 

There is a post on the Steam forums where several others have also run into this issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/615085406651839873/

stupid question I have to ask....on the car selection menu, is your car too considered to have a 7-speed transmission ?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  I've set the options to automatic transmission for all cars.  The Ford Sierra was working properly and the AI driver was shifting gears normally until the update at the end of May.  Since then, the driver often refuses to shift out of 1st gear.  This is only for the Ford Sierra.  Shifting still works for other cars that I've tried.

Just a quick post to say I have the same problem as wizzleteats. I noticed it today when I was about to attempt the DTL challenge in the Sierra with automatic shifting. I was stuck in first and it wouldn't shift into any other gear, so I had to retire from the event.

It seems related to the Sierra as I tried a few custom events afterwards with a variety of cars with no problems. I'm using a Logitech G25 if that helps.

I tried the Ford Sierra again after today's update (06/17/15) but I find that there's still a bug with the AI automatic transmission and the driver will stay in 1st gear when he should shift up due to excessive RPM.  Can you please fix this?