Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheel do I have?

First off, the steam store page doesn't say a gaming wheel is required to play this game. Is one required?

Second, I just got the game because it's single player and now I need to wait for busy servers to play a single player game? Why do I have to wait for an unbusy server? And how long is the line? 

error 41? What is error 41?

Never had that problem before !

No, you can play with a keyboard, but i recommend at least a gamepad
Don't know what busy server thing you're talking about, and the Error 41 is an issue happening with some people, Devs are known to be working to solve this.
I think you just have to be patient now, this problem will be fixed.

You get the error 41 when you have less then 3 Gb of free space on youre c partician as I understood.
Thats because the cache of the replay is stored there.
So free up some space on c and youre good to go untill codies make the folder where the cache is stored is adjustable or they fix it a other way.

It's not a free space problem. I got plenty of free space.

I am remaining patient, I can't wait to try this game out

error 41 can be caused by another couple of things

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6014/dirt-rally-early-access-bug-tracker-last-update-05-05-15#latest

Error 41 – We added a new error reporting system into v.0.4, it’s nothing you’ll see from your side but it will help us get to the bottom of the various causes of error 41. We’re pretty confident we’ve cut instances of it down by over 50% now, one of the biggest causes is players not having compatible DX11 hardware, we have added a list of the most popular cards to the minimum spec to make it clearer but if your card isn’t listed please check with the manufacturer.

Microsoft Sidewinder Crash – This is another cause of error 41 and crashes and one with an easy fix. If you happen to have a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse or keyboard and are experiencing crashes please update to Mouse and Keyboard Centre 2.3. You can find it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42510