Sign in to follow this  

Esports F1 Barcelona Yesterday Simply Brilliant!!

Posted (edited)

Great race yesterday with GR fighting back after an atrocious start from pole. Almost better than the real thing.  Equal performance, so it is very much down to the driver. 

Shame Lando disappeared again. 

Interesting the Pro F1 sim gamer's pole time was a second quicker than GR.

Edited by thisdisplayname
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The Pro F1 Sim gamers all cut the last chicane pretty much driving through in a straight line. Wasn't possible in the qualifying for the Virtual GP as the rules were set to Strict compared to Normal.

Edit: See this Twitch clip - polesitter cutting last chicane:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyMildKoalaHassaanChop

Edited by KingDome24
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

What the video clip is not showing: everyone was doing it, not only the polesitter. Keep that in mind..

Pro racer should drive with Strict rule on corner cut. Otherwise there is no sense to call them PRO.

Sorry

• Agree 2

The race was very fun, although there were some drivers who skipped corners, taking advantage of a "bug" in the game. I didn't like that

2 hours ago, KingDome24 said:

What the video clip is not showing: everyone was doing it, not only the polesitter. Keep that in mind..

Alex Albon was quite definitely NOT doing it even though his fellow drivers were urging him to cheat as well. He was very impressive to watch. He was also the only driver in the race I saw using cockpit cam not tcam and his pace was very fast. If he had not had such a terrible pit /tire strategy and had cheated too the race was his for the taking.

I was very impressed, clearly a young man of principle and substance, a rare sight these days.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Alex Albon was quite definitely NOT doing it even though his fellow drivers were urging him to cheat as well.

I was referring to the Pro F1 gamers when I said

3 hours ago, KingDome24 said:

everyone was doing it

Sorry for the confusion.

• Agree 1

@BarryBL Do you happen to know what's up with Lando and/or his PC? He seems to suffer the most from problems with this game. 

21 minutes ago, LSKone said:

@BarryBL Do you happen to know what's up with Lando and/or his PC? He seems to suffer the most from problems with this game. 

He did something pretty naughty in front of 21000 viewers and none of them called him out on it. Qualifying lap discounted for track violations, deliberately rage spun car start of main straight. Then driving the wrong way dived into pit lane and collides with Leclerc on hotlaps. Charles goes wt* on radio did I get a penalty, Lando replies dunno mate dunno what happened. Lando gets 5 place grid penalty for the wrong way driving, I switched to Leclercs stream he says what happened to you Lando? You got disconnected again?! I switched back to Lando stream and yes.. He was disconnected.... Then Lando asks to be re invited to the race and he gets the invite. I didn't see if he started with a grid penalty in the end. Probably not if a new connection?

7 hours ago, LSKone said:

According to him, the game crashes because of a bug with his wheel motor, with the game being unable to calibrate the position and then crashing.

38 minutes ago, emori said:

According to him, the game crashes because of a bug with his wheel motor, with the game being unable to calibrate the position and then crashing.

Funny he's been sim racing since he was SIX. Smells a little bit fishy if you ask me.....

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Funny he's been sim racing since he was SIX. Smells a little bit fishy if you ask me.....

Just the previous weekend he was pushing for the side of "drivers need to take simracing more seriously, be more respectful" after he was intentionally wrecked in Indycar...

If what you are saying is correct  it would not only be silly/dumb behaviour, but hugely hipocrictical by him. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

Just the previous weekend he was pushing for the side of "drivers need to take simracing more seriously, be more respectful" after he was intentionally wrecked in Indycar...

If what you are saying is correct  it would not only be silly/dumb behaviour, but hugely hipocrictical by him. 

Exactly! i read that too and thought what a hypocrite. His channel probably still has the stream on....

4 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

I just captured the clip off Twitch. Shows the invalid lap warning and then he spins out 'for fun'. This time I watched him obviously as last time i switched to LeClerc for his reaction. You can HEAR Charles's reaction tho in the mic. At no time does Lando mention he 'spun for fun'. I continued his lap and half way through you see the disconnection message. It specifically says network cable unplugged. To be fair on replay it did not look like it was deliberate considering he'd carried on at this point, although he wasn't exactly shocked when it happened. Seemed like he was oh whatever. 

Including screen shots form the clip!

Lando shenanigansh01m26s075.png

Lando shenanigansh01m32s591.png

Lando shenanigansh01m38s840.png

Lando shenanigansh01m45s374.png

Lando shenanigansh02m02s924.png

• Sad 1

I can't see much from stationary images, but you only spin in that final corner if you want to, that much i know.

Since  i can't see Charles i think for now, i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he didn't crash on purpose, just did a bad rejoin after spinning on purpose.

Still not "Taking it seriously" but not full idiot POS, just 50% lol

On 5/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, LChaves01 said:

I don't think he's talking about this **** when he says sim-racing lol. 

they play without damage, without corner cuts (although tbf even on strict you can absolutely butcher that corner) and the driving subsequently is abysmal. 
I can understand Lando taking this as serious as about your standard 5 lap open lobby. 

That being said there is probably stuff that Lando can do to help his game. If it's the wheel, and it works in any other game then the ball clearly is with either Codemasters or fanatec or whatever wheel he has for better support. But maybe running it in the different direct x mode, updating graphics drivers, and turning off some overlays might help. (As all those things have been proven to help for some people..) Not saying that one SHOULD have to go through all that trouble just to play a console game on your pc (cause i feel you shouldn't.) but if he really wanted there's probably stuff.. although again if it is really the wheel then it needs be patched either by Codemasters or the wheelguys

On 5/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Indeed.  But what's the deal?  He has sim racing experience, and most likely knows the ins and outs of his pc and sim setup like the back of his hand.  He also streams all the time, so obviously he has a decent internet connection.  So why does he keep disconnecting?  It almost does seem like some strange bug in the setup that, maybe, he can't seem to get a handle on.

2 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Indeed.  But what's the deal?  He has sim racing experience, and most likely knows the ins and outs of his pc and sim setup like the back of his hand.  He also streams all the time, so obviously he has a decent internet connection.  So why does he keep disconnecting?  It almost does seem like some strange bug in the setup that, maybe, he can't seem to get a handle on.

Maybe he lives in an apartment and shares internet access. Then whenever he live streams a race (always lol) all the people in the other apartments log on twitch to watch him and POW it dumps his upload?

🤔😉😏🙄😎

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe he lives in an apartment and shares internet access. Then whenever he live streams a race (always lol) all the people in the other apartments log on twitch to watch him and POW it dumps his upload?

🤔😉😏🙄😎

This actually makes a lot of sense.  EVERYONE is home right now, and he lives in a place with a fair number of people using the same internet main access.  Add the rest of the surrounding countries and his internet could be taking an absolute s***-kicking.  Seems to me, the rest of the competitors are in the UK?  Not sure on that one.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

This actually makes a lot of sense.  EVERYONE is home right now, and he lives in a place with a fair number of people using the same internet main access.  Add the rest of the surrounding countries and his internet could be taking an absolute s***-kicking.  Seems to me, the rest of the competitors are in the UK?  Not sure on that one.

When I started writing that it was meant as tongue in cheek but by the time I'd finished it I was thinking seriously about it. Obviously viewer count globally doesn't matter as he only has to upload once but if he was using a shared connection at a time when you're right everyone is using it that might actually be a real reason.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

When I started writing that it was meant as tongue in cheek but by the time I'd finished it I was thinking seriously about it. Obviously viewer count globally doesn't matter as he only has to upload once but if he was using a shared connection at a time when you're right everyone is using it that might actually be a real reason.

And if Monaco has a connection like Canada has, it's ALL going through one big (kinda) hub. 

• Agree 1