Fix the AI in qualifying

Posted (edited)

The AI is one of the most important problems in the F1 games. Especially in qualifying, when the AI is in its out lap and i'm in the fast lap (so blu flags come out), they NEVER move and they keep their line. And that happen in the race too, but in qualifying It's more frequently.

Edited by F1Alonso14

If this something you think is an issue, please post a video and a bug report so we get the information we need.

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

If this something you think is an issue, please post a video and a bug report so we get the information we need.

Should i need to post a video in this topic?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, F1Alonso14 said:

No you shouldn't really need to. I think every single race game has been doing this for years! The backmarkers do a great job of moving out the way during a race but the cars on their out lap during qualifying act as if you don't exist. It's so well known it could be a meme! You pass the start finish line at full speed then you see an ai car trundling down the pit exit lane heading straight for a collision!

If codemasters cant find this by running a simple qualy session then there is no hope!

Who tests their games!

15 minutes ago, F1Alonso14 said:

The reason we need this (and a completed bug report btw) is so we can see your issue in full and notice if there is any differences from our intended design. 

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The reason we need this (and a completed bug report btw) is so we can see your issue in full and notice if there is any differences from our intended design. 

With all due respect to your procedures, just have your Devs run a couple sessions of Qualifying.  If they don't run into this issue, I will be very surprised.  It's as if the AI have no knowledge that there are other cars around.  Simply slowing down a bit and waiting for you to pass as they exit the pit would be great, and would certainly not hurt their out lap, but they never do.  If someone is on the racing line, and on a hot lap (the game knows when this is happening because it shows up on the lap times page) and approaching an AI car NOT on a hot lap, the AI should just move completely off the racing line until the player has passed.  If that means coming to almost a complete stop to they don't end up on the apex at the wrong time, so be it.  That's what real drivers do if they have to.

• Agree 4