DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

16 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Pretty much exactly what you just said. Use the forums to catch up on "bigger" more concise news and updates, while you use Discord to see what the community is actively thinking at that moment. It's a great place for quick one off topics and ideas that survive for 10-15 minute bursts. It's tons of info all over the place at once, but if you're familiar with how the old IRC chats worked back in the day it is essentially the same thing with more meme media integration 😅

Yup, anything big gets shouted at on the more public channels, but if you want to chat or shoot the breeze, Discord's the way to go.

Think of it like the Gossip thread, but as its own platform with a few thousand people coming in and out throughout the day.

18 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Pretty much exactly what you just said. Use the forums to catch up on "bigger" more concise news and updates, while you use Discord to see what the community is actively thinking at that moment. It's a great place for quick one off topics and ideas that survive for 10-15 minute bursts. It's tons of info all over the place at once, but if you're familiar with how the old IRC chats worked back in the day it is essentially the same thing with more meme media integration 😅

Yep, I know that IRC well, and also have been on Discord for a while.  Just seems an odd place to get news or to be the "official" D5 news outlet.  

• Agree 1

It reminds me Horizon 4 with 700 cars... but it's not the case 😄 But the price is the same...

Posted (edited)

Is the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Audi TT Safari, and the VW Beetle Rallycross exclusive to amplified, or do we just already have them in the garage, and therefore can be purchased from the Dealer if just get standard. @PJTierney?

sorry if I have to mention a developer.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Basic Information.

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

sorry if I have to mention a developer.

I'm not a developer 😉 

Pop it in the Discord if it hasn't been mentioned already, @ChrisGrovesMCM is in there all the time. 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is both Discord and a forum somehow too difficult?

Edited by XenialJ
  • Agree 1

LOL, looks more like Project Dirt, right?

• Agree 1

Dirt 2 is my all time favorite and I play it still on 360.

Dirt 3 bored me to death with that kind of career.

Never got Dirt 4

So would they make another cohesive environment like Dirt 2, that allowed to progress without getting third in various races and that kind of career and such, I might be in for Dirt 5. Also Rally Cross in style of Dirt 2, not the roundabouts that exist everywhere - also boring. 

Otherwise I don't care for Dirt 5.

PC3 looks more lika something I would look at then, having PC1 and PC2.

That looks like worth getting Series X Xbox even.

How it's all integrated make a big difference to me.

Register on yet another place to discuss is a turnoff too.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:22 AM, Johnnnn said:

LOL, looks more like Project Dirt, right?

What a terrible trailer. I actually can't tell if anything is new/different outside the showroom and maybe a track location. Also the headlights in the thumbnail look terrible.

Trailer looked not much serious to me which is strange for something like PC. Gameplay then looked better. I am not sure what is planned audience for it. I didn't get why I should crash anybody in PC (or drift through corners) 😄 Strange trailer...

At least we will have many games from CM.

I thought PC3 trailer was really good, and in comparison with Dirt 5, very, very good.

Dirt 5 was so meaningsless cuts and 1s images and no sceneries basically.

PC3 reminds me of Shift series, but that had no physics to call it sim, which Project Cars are really good at. Bit curious on that one.

CM has gone abandonware for me, for good, it seems, all about PC gamers and don't even bother telling if console version out.

So Dirt Rally Legend was last one probably. I was curious if Dirt 5 might have Dirt 2 quality to it, but have not seen reviews that are out yet.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It remonds me of Dirt 2 , i like these colorful cards , i hope menus/options /backround to be full of them...Also i hope physics/handling to be like Dirt 2..

Will be shown gameplay?

Edited by Miatakias_GR
  • Agree 1

Will D5 have any seriousness to it?  I mean D2 was always over the top, but the events where mostly believable.  There wasn't any kind of locations or gameplay that couldn't happen IRL.  

I see there are gate crashing events like in D3.  That's ok, not my thing, but its understandable.  

I only fear that most of the game is going to be more over the top Showdown and Gymkhana style events, than actual out right racing.   

Hope the video today shows what I am hoping for.

7 hours ago, gfRally said:

Will D5 have any seriousness to it?  I mean D2 was always over the top, but the events where mostly believable.  There wasn't any kind of locations or gameplay that couldn't happen IRL.  

I see there are gate crashing events like in D3.  That's ok, not my thing, but its understandable.  

I only fear that most of the game is going to be more over the top Showdown and Gymkhana style events, than actual out right racing.   

Hope the video today shows what I am hoping for.

The gate smash is 100% in D2. Just played it last night. It also looks WAY better without the horrible color filters.

What gave you that impression when literally nothing in the trailer showcased anything like either of those?

41 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

No gameplay or at least a career  trailer?

I'm sure that stuff will come later down the line 🙂 

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Bruno Durand – the ultra-competitive, cold, calculated veteran, voiced by none other than Nolan North.

Sorry, but I can't take Uncle Noly seriously as a cold, calculated veteran.

I'm also immediately highly suspicious of this career mode if we need voice actors with "personalities." It's possible it won't be terrible, but it's pretty much always been terrible every time it's been tried before. I'm also not a big fan of the loud, brash, and obnoxious Donut media, so I hope all the chatter is kept to a minimum.

And why the actual hell SLAPTrain? People hated the fact that other actual drivers talk to you in Dirt 2, I don't know why they would receive this any better.

The split screen and co-op seem cool though. Will there be anything explaining what the race types are? 

Mmmm it certainly looks too over the top for my liking. Dirt Rally is certainly too dry, and PC3 looked pretty dry too, but those shots of Dirt 5's interface makes me think of all the voice acting and attitude the game will have to include to fit with that. For me it feels a bit much, but I definitely prefer the strong direction at least over Dirt 4's identity crisis.

And it doesn't mean the game will play bad or be a bad package at all, only that it puts me off a little. 

Posted (edited)

Oh god SLAPTRAIN????????????  Can I turn voice off now?   @JZStudios I don't know who this other guy is, but is he just another YouTuber?

Back to D2, the banter during a race was a little corny but I easily ignored it.  At least those guys all raced for a living, and who doesn't like Travis Pastrana, crazy, but seems like a decent guy.  

I am just going to try to shut up from here on until I see some in game racing videos before I make any further judgements.  Everyone has thier likes/dislikes when it comes to who they can tolerate.  I watch Hoonigan Garage, MIghty Car Mods, and channel called Subi Performance - a German guy that gets way excited about precision engine building.   

I guess for me it goes like this: If you use voiceovers, hopefully its done tastefully and not while racing.  

Also, I am getting older, what didn't used to annoy me, now does.  Though I watch a lot of Paw Patrol, DinoTrucks and Speedracer with my son (2yr old) so I am bridging the gap some.

Edited by gfRally
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

LOL, Troy Baker and Nolan North? Not a chance for me, can't imagine Joel and Drake in Dirt 5, sorry 😄 Who would chose them?

OMG, I checked their games and they are everywhere 😄 OK, still don't work for me.

Edited by Johnnnn