DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

17 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

2) What is wrong with Grid's forum? I cant find it anymore..

🤣😂🤣😂 They finally removed the forum. If only the entire game could be removed from history in the same way. 😂

But not to worry, this game (dIrT 5) appears to take exactly the same spot in quality. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t think it was intentional, will check on Monday.

GRID still has its official Discord by the way, for those that want to chat.

Hi.

First time post. Sorry if this is already posted but can't find it.

Has it been confirmed that Dirt5 has/has not rally? I know this is more arcade and not simulation but have they completely scrapped Rally from the DiRT (non Rally) series?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:01 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

PJTierney  Will all cars be available in all tracks like Dirt 2?

2) What is wrong with Grid's forum? I cant find it anymore..

On 7/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, Leo Natan said:

🤣😂🤣😂 They finally removed the forum. If only the entire game could be removed from history in the same way. 😂

But not to worry, this game (dIrT 5) appears to take exactly the same spot in quality. 🤦‍♂️

It was archived by mistake (stuff is moving around because of F1 launch).

Back now though.

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, pmferreira92 said:

Has it been confirmed that Dirt5 has/has not rally? 

Dirt 5  have rally car but i don t know if codemasters add rally race race .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It was archived by mistake (stuff is moving around because of F1 launch).

Back now though.

image.png

Thanks!

"I've noticed most humans like loud noise and big explosions. Just wait until the sun explodes!"

• Haha 1

A saw some reviews with gameplay that really make me interested in Dirt 5.

- career like Dirt 2 that you can do events in any order you like and still move forward

- they mentioned Dirt 3 also in the formula, but hope that was all wrong, I was nothing buy bored by Dirt 3 and linear path what to complete

- lots of RX I saw that gave the feel of Dirt 2, just more mud

- no rally is making me hope for the more of RX type with battle car against car

I think it will be a lot of fun....

@LariosoDog As far as I know there hasn't been any "RX" footage shown which includes the 208 WRX or VW Beetle. A race with rallycars against each other doesn't automatically mean RX.

Game looks fun though, but not sure yet if it will be a day one buy for me. If I would do, it would be just pure to support Codies, and not necessarily for the game. 

I see a lot of things that can be used for DR3, but that would all depend on the licensing though if we for example talk about a livery editor. Dynamic weather would be awesome in the serious title 😄 

Not really fully up-to-date, but is there not a "Open Area" as a DirtFish or Battersea? 

About the boxart, interesting car choice. They went for the similar style like the previous games, although I don't know if an Aston gives the best "DIRT" impression.  
DIRT5_PACK_PS4_2D_V1-812x1024.png

27 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Game looks fun though

I'm down for a casual "pad game" if it's decent enough, and DIRT 5's looking like that now. 🙂 

Already have Rally and F1 for when I want to sweat 😄 

@PJTierney   small  question is possible to have vw RX , audi Tt safari... without amplified editions ? Because i no want Xp bous for career mode , i want only cars .

I don't know, I don't have all the details (yet, that I can share).

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I see a lot of things that can be used for DR3, but that would all depend on the licensing though if we for example talk about a livery editor.

Not really fully up-to-date, but is there not a "Open Area" as a DirtFish or Battersea? 

You'd think the livery editor would be easier. They could just have bare cars with no sponsors and skip that part of licensing entirely.

I'm also curious, I don't remember anything specific being announced for it, but the trailer showed Gymkhana is back, so I would think so. Hopefully it's more than just the one or two playgrounds, or they let you do Halo style forge mode on it. It'd be cool to set up your own runs.

• Agree 1

I pre order normal editions , If you start with amplified editions you have  4 car( vw rallycross , safari audi TT... ) when you start your career , the only same  bonus of 2 different editions is ford 150 raptor . @PJTierney

New gameplay video for Dirt 5 

This mode looks cool,  but will be time trial only or there will be many cars on tracks? 

2 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

This mode looks cool,  but will be time trial only or there will be many cars on tracks? 

Seems odd to me that we're getting that as a mode and not truck racing.

12 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I believe Path Finder is single car point-to-point (I think I read that in the D5 Discord yesterday), but I'll have to check.

• Like 1

This doesn't really give me the rock crawler vibe/struggle that I was hoping for.  And Those fireworks are way out of place, its daytime.

More gameplay 🙂 

Chris is taking the lead on all these (I am heavily focused on F1 2020 right now) so it's always a nice surprise when I see what's coming out of this game 🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

More gameplay 🙂 

Chris is taking the lead on all these (I am heavily focused on F1 2020 right now) so it's always a nice surprise when I see what's coming out of this game 🙂 

Very nice water effect on the floor