Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

Dirt 5: delayed from October 3rd to 16th, and then delayed to November 6th.

Halo Infinite: Delayed from this year (at the time of this post) to 2021

Grid 19 delayed but it was not good..

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Grid 19 delayed but it was not good..

It's makes the game good quality, it doesn't change what the game is....¬†ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's makes the game good quality, it doesn't change what the game is....¬†ūü§£

Duke Nukem Forever is on the line.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think DiRT 5 is trash.

But not because it has more "simple" driving physics or because it's not a rally game.
It's just because how this game looks.

This game just tries too hard to be a Forza Horizon 4/Fortnite in terms of style etc.
Like The Crew 2 did.

I just can't stand these awful straight in your face colour bombs.
These "everything is a big party, woohoo" hipster-games are nothing for me.

I just hoped the main series would go back to what Colin McRae: DiRT (2007) was, just less blurry brown in brown colour maybe ūüėĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I just can't stand these awful straight in your face colour bombs.
These "everything is a big party, woohoo" hipster-games are nothing for me.

It remains to be seen. Horizon and the Crew 2 went pretty heavily into the douche bag hipster scene. I'd argue outside of color saturation D5 seems to be less so, but then I remember they have Slap Train and Donut media, so what the hell do I really know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game kinda feels more like a DiRT: Showdown sequel than an actual Dirt 5.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fancy GRiD Rally, quick price drop is coming

one year of support guarantee?

Edited by minetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, this is what I'm talking about ^. The game is colorful and probably fun, so therefore it's complete garbage. I've seen very little positive feedback about it.

I mean me personally, I hate Donut Media and rather dislike Slap Train and the music sucks, but the game still looks fun.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

target - young casual player. if it has a driving model as good as the GRiD it should break through, although people are quite critical of Codies products after the last releases and it will probably also be reflected in the beginning of sales. Dirt 5 looks like another short project that they will abandon after a year or as soon as the sale drop

Edited by minetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, minetti said:

target - young casual player. if it has a driving model as good as the GRiD it should break through, although people are quite critical of Codies products after the last releases and it will probably also be reflected in the beginning of sales. Dirt 5 looks like another short project that they will abandon after a year or as soon as the sale drop

The only time I bought a game for the premise of future released content was DR because it was by a large company I knew would actually release a finished product. And I think I bought in for $15 or so. Buying something on the hopes that there will be future additions is dumb and I've never felt bad about a game not having a "lifetime" outside of maybe bug patches that should've happened but never did like Neir Automata.

In fact, this whole lifetime concept makes me much more willing to wait a year after release and get the inevitable collectors/Game of the Year edition with all the DLC included for less than initial cost of the base game.

Edited by JZStudios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it mainly depends on whether you are building a community around the title and whether the game is sport-year-season. I have an overwhelming impression that the new content from PCARS3 would sell much better as PCARS2 DLC or under the title PCARS2+ because the community is large and loyal and this is not sport-year-season game. overall a nice cr_p because the content of this AAA-rated game is largely a copy of PCARS2. however, casual car games with such a profile as GRiD, PCARS, DiRT5 do not have to end support after less than a year, because they are not released every year. look at GTS or Ace Combat 7, there are addons and it still sells great. besides, when the opinions after the premiere are critical, indicating little or cut content you just need to raise such a title through DLC support and trust. the GRiD is a good example because today when people download the game with all seasons, they are much more satisfied than the day one edt premiere. unfortunately the marketing campaign was fatal for this nice game and it should be sold in the Ultimate version only, and it should contain three seasons at launch. if you have reference to such content as in Autosport...  cutting content into ultimate version when even this ultimate looks poor... what did they expect? people feel deceived and rightly express it. people were told - split screen after launch and now, instead of keeping promises, they have a new product lanuch with clone framework and split-screen option. people are already mocking Dirt5 because the karma is back

Edited by minetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 9:29 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

I think DiRT 5 is trash.

But not because it has more "simple" driving physics or because it's not a rally game.
It's just because how this game looks.

This game just tries too hard to be a Forza Horizon 4/Fortnite in terms of style etc.
Like The Crew 2 did.

I just can't stand these awful straight in your face colour bombs.
These "everything is a big party, woohoo" hipster-games are nothing for me.

I just hoped the main series would go back to what Colin McRae: DiRT (2007) was, just less blurry brown in brown colour maybe ūüėĄ

except everyone forgot about Dirt 1 when Dirt 2 & 3 came out. and that's what Dirt 5 is going back to. I realise Horizon and the Crew kind of have a similar design aesthetic to the, but to only think of those comparisons ignores the history of this franchise: it's not an imitation of Horizon or whatever, it's a return to a formula that sold around a million copies of each of those two games, by far the most in the whole Dirt/CM series as far as I can tell.

and it's not like they're hiding it. the devs mention Dirt 2 & 3 in pretty much every interview, and like half the comments on YT and twitter are along the lines of "I loved dirt 2/3 when I was younger and I am happy the series is going back to this formula."

for the main series to go back to the Dirt 1 type thing would be treading on the Dirt Rally series' toes a little. it was a little more realism-oriented in the event structure and design choices of the game, and that worked. what Dirt 5 is taking from Dirt 1, however, is the massive number of vehicle and event types. that was a good call, imo, even if I would like a little more focus on stage rallies....

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 10:58 PM, minetti said:

I have an overwhelming impression that the new content from PCARS3 would sell much better as PCARS2 DLC or under the title PCARS2+ because the community is large and loyal and this is not sport-year-season game.

Not sure if that would have worked.
The PCARS 3 seems to be more oriented to the casual player than PCARS 2.
They should have just called it "Project CARS: [insert title here]" and not PCARS 3, because now it looks like a slap in the face for all the fans of the simulation part of PCARS 1 & 2.

Now it looks the series is going the casual way like Forza Horizon 4 and The Crew 2, wich it does.
And theres no way back calling it PCARS 3.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:58 PM, minetti said:

however, casual car games with such a profile as GRiD, PCARS, DiRT5 do not have to end support after less than a year, because they are not released every year. look at GTS or Ace Combat 7, there are addons and it still sells great. besides, when the opinions after the premiere are critical, indicating little or cut content you just need to raise such a title through DLC support and trust. the GRiD is a good example because today when people download the game with all seasons, they are much more satisfied than the day one edt premiere. unfortunately the marketing campaign was fatal for this nice game and it should be sold in the Ultimate version only, and it should contain three seasons at launch. if you have reference to such content as in Autosport...  cutting content into ultimate version when even this ultimate looks poor... what did they expect? people feel deceived and rightly express it. people were told - split screen after launch and now, instead of keeping promises, they have a new product lanuch with clone framework and split-screen option. people are already mocking Dirt5 because the karma is back

The content should be good from the start, not after several seasons you have to pay for.
And additional content is ok, but not every game needs a multiple year life span.

7 hours ago, ianism said:

except everyone forgot about Dirt 1 when Dirt 2 & 3 came out.

Lie. I'm the best example.
Didn't liked many aspects of Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
I never really played much DiRT 3, because I was annoyed about that awful design back then.

And I'm still mad at Codemasters for closing down the tournaments...and not giving everyone the achievement for competing in 4 (was at 3 before they closed down).
But thats a different story.

7 hours ago, ianism said:

and it's not like they're hiding it. the devs mention Dirt 2 & 3 in pretty much every interview, and like half the comments on YT and twitter are along the lines of "I loved dirt 2/3 when I was younger and I am happy the series is going back to this formula."

I completely ignore everything related to DiRT 5 already, no chance.
These colours are just to extreme bright everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ianism said:

except everyone forgot about Dirt 1 when Dirt 2 & 3 came out. and that's what Dirt 5 is going back to. I realise Horizon and the Crew kind of have a similar design aesthetic to the, but to only think of those comparisons ignores the history of this franchise: it's not an imitation of Horizon or whatever, it's a return to a formula that sold around a million copies of each of those two games, by far the most in the whole Dirt/CM series as far as I can tell.

and it's not like they're hiding it. the devs mention Dirt 2 & 3 in pretty much every interview, and like half the comments on YT and twitter are along the lines of "I loved dirt 2/3 when I was younger and I am happy the series is going back to this formula."

for the main series to go back to the Dirt 1 type thing would be treading on the Dirt Rally series' toes a little. it was a little more realism-oriented in the event structure and design choices of the game, and that worked. what Dirt 5 is taking from Dirt 1, however, is the massive number of vehicle and event types. that was a good call, imo, even if I would like a little more focus on stage rallies....

If DR would be more open to vehicle types and have a roster like DiRT did I'd be more interested. They'd also need more tracks. There's not enough games with Kamaz racing. Meanwhile D5 has rock bouncers, which is... odd. It's a very tiny subset that I don't think anyone's really heard of.

3 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I completely ignore everything related to DiRT 5 already, no chance.

That's nice. So why are you still here ******** about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

That's nice. So why are you still here ******** about it?

The forum is quite dead and I click on all threads, because I'm bored ūüėĄ¬†
And the "no chance" was pretty much a lie, because there is a chance I buy it, because of the name.
For the collection.
I even bought DiRT Showdown back then on launch, despite knowing what it is.
I actually completed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The forum is quite dead and I click on all threads, because I'm bored ūüėĄ¬†
And the "no chance" was pretty much a lie, because there is a chance I buy it, because of the name.
For the collection.
I even bought DiRT Showdown back then on launch, despite knowing what it is.
I actually completed it.

I got it free when it went off sale, along with like 4 other CM games. If you just wait a few years, you'll be able to snag all of them free.

I also completed it. Eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I got it free when it went off sale, along with like 4 other CM games. If you just wait a few years, you'll be able to snag all of them free.

I also completed it. Eh.

I'm not after free games or big sales.
If a game is worth my time I buy it full price.
If not, I just don't buy it.

Or I do stupid things like buying games and never play them, because too many games and not enough time.
GRID Autosport is a good example: I own it since release, but it never saw my disc drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Lie. I'm the best example.
Didn't liked many aspects of Colin McRae: DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
I never really played much DiRT 3, because I was annoyed about that awful design back then.

hahahaha is that really your argument? "I don't fit your statement therefore your statement is untrue." last time I checked, the use of the word "everyone" didn't literally mean every individual human on the planet. we use generalization in language in order to facilitate communication, because it is inefficient to discuss the opinions of every person.

this line of argument is the same as someone saying "humans' life expectancy is 80 years" and you reply with "I am 85 years old and I'm not dead, therefore your average is false!" see how dumb that is?

it's a generalization. just because it doesn't fit you personally doesn't make it not true for the vast majority of people relevant to the topic.

my two cents: Dirt 1 is a good game, but its graphics and physics were far surpassed in the following games. I'm not a fan of the bro-y Dirt 2 vibe (not to mention the dearth of cars and tracks...ugh) or the gymkhana in D3, or the podcast thing and Famous Voice Actors in D5, but as to the actual aesthetics... could they be better? yeah. do I care? I'm not a sim snob, so not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ianism said:

hahahaha is that really your argument? "I don't fit your statement therefore your statement is untrue." last time I checked, the use of the word "everyone" didn't literally mean every individual human on the planet. we use generalization in language in order to facilitate communication, because it is inefficient to discuss the opinions of every person.

You can talk around it like you want.
Everyone means everyone. And thats not true.

There are other words like "majority" or "most" for things like that.

14 hours ago, ianism said:

 

this line of argument is the same as someone saying "humans' life expectancy is 80 years" and you reply with "I am 85 years old and I'm not dead, therefore your average is false!" see how dumb that is?

Dumb comparison.
Average of something is not the same as everything/nothing of something.

14 hours ago, ianism said:

 

it's a generalization.

It's stu***.

14 hours ago, ianism said:

or the podcast thing and Famous Voice Actors in D5, but as to the actual aesthetics... could they be better? yeah. do I care? I'm not a sim snob, so not really.

Has nothing to do with the game being not a sim.
It's just screaming "FORTNITE KIDS, LOOK! ... COLOURS! EXPLOSIONS! IDIOTIC COMMENTARY!
And I just don't like that kind of art design. Nothing else.

And all that means probably some sort of season pass with stupid cosmetics like in F1 2020.
And I see already there how many are upset how stu*** these cosmetics look for the most part.

I just fear the same fate for the Rally part, if even a more "serious" game like F1 gets this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawl @ that video describing the downloading of the appropriate version of Dirt 5 for the console you are using as 'taking advantage of smart delivery'

I bought some socks and some jocks. Good thing I took advantage of smart delivery technology which ensured the socks landed on my feet and jocks on my groin - or by gosh the outcome might have been rather uncomfortable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, looks like the dust trails are affected by the wind, imagine that in the hairpin section in Greece...

Maybe in DR3 ūüĎÄ

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UnderclassGDfanfor someone who is claiming that you don't like the colourfulness of the new game because you think it's childish, you're being incredibly childish about this.

if you want to have a debate about language, then fine. if you're going to take every single thing everyone says literally, you're going to run into a ton of misunderstandings with a whole lot of people, pretty no matter what language you're using. for instance, I don't literally mean a ton of misunderstandings, because they cannot be weighed. we use words to convey meaning to other humans, not to represent every iota of the world. I teach english as a second language so I do actually know what I'm talking about here

in addition I do not tailor my language usage to your impractical, illogical and frankly tight-assed standards. I used the word everyone to indicate the vast majority of players, comfortable in the knowledge that everyone would understand. if you are going to (deliberately?) misinterpret what I say for your own purposes, that is your own issue.

do not tell me what I mean or do not mean.

let's take an example from your own post.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:25 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

It's¬†just screaming "FÔĽŅORTNITE KIDS, LOOK! ... COLOURS! EXPLOSIONS! IDIOTIC COMMENTARY!

nobody is screaming this. nobody is even saying this, much less in those words. therefore, by your own standards, this is a lie.

here's another example, from the first other thread that interested me. the latest post (by HoksuHoo, linked below) says "I made everyone's favorite Dirt Rally 2.0 livery for AC". do you really think they meant literally everyone? really?

I'm done here.

 

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×