F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT 5

Read the Announcement

Join the Discord

DiRTy Gossip has been around forever, and is a great hangout place for fans of the DiRT Rally titles 🙂 

You may have seen (above) that a new DIRT is coming, DIRT 5.

Things are going to be a little different for that game, the most notable right now is that conversation is moving away from the forums and onto Discord.

Some of you may still want to chat DIRT 5 on the forums though, so this is the thread to do it in 🙂 

If you're after Rally talk, it's in the usual place

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to race the VW Beetle Rallycross, Ford F150 Raptor Prerunner Deberti and the Ariel Nomad Tactical 🙂

Edited by RallyGamer

@macebig are we really counting a 10% discount on preorders for the 'Amplified Edition' a "sale"?
image.thumb.png.c5f947c77b2b18a551ea0f6e97365b1a.png

• Like 1

I think it was a smart move from Codies to make a clear distinction between DiRT and DiRT Rally creating two different branches. Judging by the trailer this looks like it could be a lot of fun, and the logo is 👌 10/10. Really like it! 

• Agree 4

120 is must have for me but it's hard to imagine what it could offer against Horizon 4. I play it from the release and haven't tried all cars yet. Many races I tried once at max. It's so huge you don't need anything else. But it doesn't have dirt and that's the reason why I love DR2. What will be Dirt 5 good for? Just asking, because I still need to buy it for 120 FPS 😄 If Forzas won't get 120 FPS patch.

I would be very surprised if this got VR, it doesn't strike me as that kind of game.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

@macebig are we really counting a 10% discount on preorders for the 'Amplified Edition' a "sale"?

Price difference between standard and amplified edition is not that big , so this should probably mean that amplified edition will not include extra tracks/locations , but just some cars/liveries/carrer challenges like they did with Grid 2019...

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, macebig said:

Already on sale...

13 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

It's a loyalty discount. If you owned a previous DiRT game you can get 10% off the Amplified Edition Pre-Order.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

@PJTierney Serious suggestion:

Given this is being marketed as a more 'fun' game, Codies should allow as an option, a massively zoomed-out third-person camera. So, if you wish, you can play this as almost a top-down racer.

This will draw in some players who like their first-person racing games to be realistic, and their arcade racing games to be much more top-down.

Like me.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@PJTierney Serious suggestion:

Given this is being marketed as a more 'fun' game, Codies should allow as an option, a massively zoomed-out third-person camera. So, if you wish, you can play this as almost a top-down racer.

This will draw in some players who like their first-person racing games to be realistic, and their arcade racing games to be much more top-down.

Like me.

Micro Machines already offers this tho.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, macebig said:

Already on sale...

What are you? 4?!  

This is what pre-ordering games always used to get you, a discount to trusting your money to them before release, that all stopped a few years ago when they realised they didn't need to offer the pre-order discount, as people blindly pre-ordered anyway.

This is nice to see again, and it's nice to see something being offered if you're a previous fan/owner.

• Haha 1

@PJTierney Why is this discussion here? Why isn't the new forum unlocked and discussion allowed to take place where it belongs? Instead, we have a mod-stickied thread about Dirt 5 in Dirt Rally 2.0 forum.

We could use a less serious racer with good VR support.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

@PJTierney Why is this discussion here? Why isn't the new forum unlocked and discussion allowed to take place where it belongs? Instead, we have a mod-stickied thread about Dirt 5 in Dirt Rally 2.0 forum.

DIRT 5 won't have "general discussion" on the forum, it's all on Discord.

Since that means there's no general place to discuss the game on the forums, people are making threads here. Therefore, I consolidated it all into this thread so that it doesn't clutter the DR2 forums.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DIRT 5 won't have "general discussion" on the forum, it's all on Discord.

Since that means there's no general place to discuss the game on the forums, people are making threads here. Therefore, I consolidated it all into this thread so that it doesn't clutter the DR2 forums.

Lol

Don't want to get the same response to Dirt 5 as Grid. I understand why, but it doesn't instill confidence.

5 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

Don't want to get the same response to Dirt 5 as Grid.

Not necessarily.

DIRT 5 is on Discord because it's hitting a different audience to the type that tends to sign up to forums, and allows for even more hand-on conversation between developers and players.

Tech support will still be on the forum though since that needs a more formal process to function.

• Like 1

Old timer here: how do I keep up on Discord, when I can come here in the morning and easily catch up?  Discord I have to wade though hours of chatter, very time consuming.

• Agree 3

Discord is a "live" environment, you're either there in real time or you're not, really.

I'm like you in that I like forums for more detailed discussions, but I do enjoy the live aspect of Discord too on occasion (I'm a regular in the unofficial Rally one)

On 5/14/2020 at 4:17 PM, PJTierney said:

Not necessarily.

DIRT 5 is on Discord because it's hitting a different audience to the type that tends to sign up to forums, and allows for even more hand-on conversation between developers and players.

Tech support will still be on the forum though since that needs a more formal process to function.

That's for not denying it.

I don't see how the latter is a substitute for a forum. Of the children are too ADD for a forum, let them waste their time on Discord. The forum system is already up and running, so what does the company lose by opening another section?

Just a reminder, the same people that are too ADD to open a forum to discuss it, as similarly too ADD to check out the unfavorable opinion of the forum on the game, if that is what you expect the wind to blow. With those kidz, game purchase is a spur of the moment, rather than a planned and researched informed purchase. Gladly, with Steam refunds, we can test the waters and throw the towel if a major fail, just like Grid 2019, sadly.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/15/2020 at 7:43 AM, gfRally said:

Old timer here: how do I keep up on Discord, when I can come here in the morning and easily catch up?  Discord I have to wade though hours of chatter, very time consuming.

Pretty much exactly what you just said. Use the forums to catch up on "bigger" more concise news and updates, while you use Discord to see what the community is actively thinking at that moment. It's a great place for quick one off topics and ideas that survive for 10-15 minute bursts. It's tons of info all over the place at once, but if you're familiar with how the old IRC chats worked back in the day it is essentially the same thing with more meme media integration 😅