Issue with qualifying single player Xbox One

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Only picked up Grid recently in one of the sales, been enjoying it in recent weeks. Downloaded an update today, tried to complete some career races and found that there was an issue with qualifying -I saw a couple of other forum posts, one about multiplayer and one about Stadia. Just letting you know this is affecting xbox as well. 

Basically I've qualified in first on a number of races and gone to start the race and found myself in 16th. This has mostly been fixed by quitting the race and returning to it but it is a pain and something the update today appears to have introduced. 

My system is an Xbox one X, with Logitech G920 wheel. 

Thanks

D

Edit;

Having gone back to the game after creating this post, I initially thought I was going mad. However for anyone testing this, for some reason the first race in an event seems to be unaffected. Seems to only occur on race 2 onwards. Also whilst quitting and resuming an event mostly fixed it, I've found sometimes it starts you mid pack in the race and the only way I've found to fix that is to re-qualify and that seems to allow you to start from the front. 

I've been running races from the tail end of the stock division and some of the invitational classic GT races if that helps at all. 

Edited by DamMe2006
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I can also confirm the exact same thing is happening to me but on the PS4 version (PS4 Pro). This seems to have started after today's update.

Also Can Confirm Hot Qualify only works for the first race in a series. PS4 Pro.

Probably wont play for a bit now its rather hard to take first place on hard difficulty from 16th place when you pole first.

Plus my teammate isnt makin me no money when hes forced to 15th place.

13 hours ago, StricklyEuro said:

Also Can Confirm Hot Qualify only works for the first race in a series. PS4 Pro.

Probably wont play for a bit now its rather hard to take first place on hard difficulty from 16th place when you pole first.

Plus my teammate isnt makin me no money when hes forced to 15th place.

Have you tried quitting the race then re-starting it? I found in most cases that allowed me to start from pole (as I should have done the first time) - it's a pain but in the short term it's a workaround that has allowed me to continue my progress. 

10 minutes ago, CaptainRizla said:

Just adding to the list. Looks like a patch messed it up.

Yes this came after the patch. Another issue after the patch: In multiplayer when doing Brands Hatch (only this it seems) the AI's are ghosts and race lines are red all track

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've encountered the same problem a few times today and yesterday.

Platform: PS4. Game version: 3.03. Standard gamepad used. Happend during single player game.

GRID_20200513211001.jpg

GRID_20200513211006.jpg

GRID_20200513211032.jpg

Edited by dominisz
Added info about gamepad

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, 

I was playing on season 2's street racing international event in the single player career mode when this happened to me as well. Fine the first race but then In the second and third race qualified first but started last. Quitting the ongoing race and coming back doesn't fix the problem in my case. I play on a normal ps4 with a Logitech g29. 

Edited by K1LY
Missing parts

Posted (edited)

Yes this has also started happening to me after the most recent patch on Xbox One X. Quitting the race and resuming works but rather annoying

Edited by hobsgrg
  • Like 2

Same here. only the first qualifying apply. The next rounds qualifying does not apply. Please fix CM! on Win 10 + Steam.

Hey everyone - we're aware of the bug and are issuing a fix for this very soon. I'll let you know once it's updated. Thank you for your reports!

• Thanks 5

This kind of problem can be due to the missing controller drivers or the game itself. In any case, updating the drivers is recommended to get out of this hole. To update Xbox One Controller Drivers, you need to do this either by connecting it wirelessly, via Bluetooth or Micro-USB. This can be also done either manually or automatically using a free driver updater such as ITL Driver Updater or Bit Driver Updater.