Help with Manual Starts

I AM REALLY bad at manual starts i constantly lose positions off the line in career mode and multiplayer so it must be me.

I set the car to overtake and rich fuel mix and then 12000 rpm until the lights go and slowly apply throttle, but everyone goes past me and i always lose many places at the start. I have tried applying more throttle quicker but then end up spinning out. 

Any help would be amazing i use NO ASSISTS AT ALL.

THANKS

• Like 1

Yeah! 

Me too, but I noticied that if start with rpm around 11200-11500 it's better to me.

• Like 1

This comment is subjective to better players feedback but...

I leave in standard mix for take off and crank it up after I get rolling or T1 to rich depending on circuit and I seem to do ok 

Perhaps being in rich mix, too much power too quick and too much wheel spin?

Also I have TC, so maybe that deadens not matter what I do. But the way game mechanics work if I were producing wheel spin for TC to catch them I'd still be slow to accelerate off the line as it just wouldn't allow power transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It's really important to get out of first as soon as possible. That gear is spin crazy at the best of times. Once you're in 3rd you're safe as well. If you want to match the ai you've got to turn assists off and practice a LOT. It's about the only part of the game that is not beginner friendly..good place to practice starts is single race mode. Just set up a race anywhere keep restarting over and over until you get better at it. It's too hard practicing it in your career or online! Need to do it where there is no pressure. If you're using a wheel you can use an advanced technique called clutch slip. This is where you don't just drop into first and give full power but ease into it for a second or 2.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I'd suggest: 11k - 11.2k rpm, quick shift to 2nd and 3rd gear, rich fuel mix and overtake ers.

Also, if you are driving with full tyre simulation: Get your tyre heat up before the start, it does make a small difference in the game, in terms of how grippy the tyres get and therefore how much wheel slip you have.

Imo, it takes some practice, but can get done consistently, if nailed once.

If only we had a proper race start R&D Test for career mode, or a proper Race Start Training mode for Free Practice or Time Trial. That would help out massively.

Have fun!

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

I'd suggest: 11k - 11.2k rpm, quick shift to 2nd and 3rd gear, rich fuel mix and overtake ers.

Also, if you are driving with full tyre simulation: Get your tyre heat up before the start, it does make a small difference in the game, in terms of how grippy the tyres get and therefore how much wheel slip you have.

Imo, it takes some practice, but can get done consistently, if nailed once.

If only we had a proper race start R&D Test for career mode, or a proper Race Start Training mode for Free Practice or Time Trial. That would help out massively.

Have fun!

In F1 2018, each pit exit, I'd stop at end of pit lane, and practice starts, but some track you get DQ very quick, for blocking pit lane haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Edited by PTC
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PTC said:

I am suffering a lot from that too. I bought my steering wheel 2 months ago and took the opportunity to get all the assistance. At the moment I am running only with the line and I confess that I am suffering too much. Practically training on the tracks so that when F1 2020 arrives it will be a little more adapted. At starts, no matter what I do, the car always skates and loses several positions. Searching on other Youtube channels I saw that the ideal RPM for starting would be between 10,500 to 11,500 spins. But I play on the cockpit camera and I never get it right, this camera doesn't give me the exact look of the RPM.

Do you have a smartphone or a tablet?

If so, check out "SIM Dashboard", a app for simulating the cars lcd screen. You can load up all types of info (rpm, gear, car damage, temperatures, position, laptime delta, telemetry, brake and throttle bars etc.).

Or if you do not wish to donwload a 3rd party app, take the ingame steering wheel as your reference:

Once you hit around 11000 rpm - 11200 rpm, the first rev light should be visible on your ingame steering wheel. Try to hit that single red lightbar, and you will have nearly perfect rpm ranges for your starting procedure.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Você tem um smartphone ou tablet?

Nesse caso, consulte o "SIM Dashboard", um aplicativo para simular a tela de lcd de carros. Você pode carregar todos os tipos de informações (rpm, engrenagem, danos ao carro, temperaturas, posição, delta de tempo de espera, telemetria, barras de freio e acelerador etc.).

Ou, se você não deseja baixar um aplicativo de terceiros, use o volante no jogo como sua referência:

Depois de atingir 11.000 rpm - 11200 rpm, a primeira luz de rotação deve estar visível no volante do jogo. Tente acertar a barra de luzes vermelha única e você terá faixas de rpm quase perfeitas para o procedimento de partida.

Great tip friend, thanks. I'll look at the steering wheel lights.
  • Like 1

Following the tip from our friend TheEmpireWasRight, I use SimHub software and I have all team real car dashboards.

I use with a LCD 7" screen, mounted in my wheel base.

• Like 2

I admittedly use medium traction control but the sweet spot for me seems to be about 1/3 throttle about 10-10:30 clock position. It's also the revs just before the light appear on the wheel. I always get an equal or better than AI start with that depending on reactions.

I have to admit if I'm having a bad day or it's wet I occasionally switch the TC on for the very start then as soon as I'm moving safely switch TC off again immediately as I prefer no assists in the sessions themselves. I'd love a practice mode in the game where you could practice starts over and over!

Thanks for all the tips, gradually impriving and that simhub is awesome

The good rpm point is between 11,2/11,6;

You can help yourself ,if use a pad,with the vibrations feedback (FFB);if you a wheel,a lot of training(no FFB for wheel users)

My suggestion is to start with fuel 3 and high for practice and then pass to fuel 2 and hotlap and step by step to max power.