Jump to content Jump to content

[PC][Startup] Game stuck on the health and safety screen?

Hi,

Been having a weird error where when I start the game, its permanently stuck on the health and safety screen? The music is playing and it doesnt seem like its frozen, the window itself is pretty responsive. Any ideas?

• A short description of the problem: Stuck on health and safety screen on start, music keeps playing, doesnt seem to be frozen and is generally responsive to resizing the window/moving around etc
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia): PC
  • Game Version (if applicable): Post Season 3 Patch
  • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Custom Game, etc): N/A
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?:
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Started up the game, all other screens progressed
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: No error message
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: https://imgur.com/a/CbbOpsZ

• Social Media & Community Team

Good morning @EpicPandemic. Welcome to the Codemasters Forums!

When posting in Technical Assistance, it's always best to follow the posting guide that's pinned. It really helps us out when trying to diagnose an issue (linked below).

I assume you are on PC? Please add to your post as much information as you can and we can look at solutions. 

Thank you for updating @EpicPandemic. Do you have the game installed on an SSD or HDD?

I would recommend 'verifying game files' on Steam - this can often solve multiple problems.

Hey, I have the game installed on a HDD.

Managed to load the game! Though it took 20 minutes, however on subsequent runs it boots up in a couple of minutes as would be expected, not sure what happened, but it looks like it was just some patience that was needed 😅

Glad to know you've fixed it @EpicPandemic! No blame here but it could be down to a slow hard drive. Something to think about if you are seeing slower load-times in other games.

Archived