Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Posted (edited)

So those that had followed the 50% racing thread may know I habe had ridicilous pit stop bugs in the past few races but this one just took the mickey and cost me 6 seconds or so race time.

This cost me big style and was my first 100% race back. How an earth could an AI car get away doing this for no penalty or anything.

Really losing my patience here putting in a 100% race not making mistakes and this happens.

I play cockpiy cam btw no assists atall but the T-cam shows the footage better!

Edited by AdamFreeman
  • Sad 1

Dang that must have been frustrating I feel for you. The ai is not supposed to let 2 cars in a the same time was that first car stuck for a moment? I don't like using it myself but I'd definitely have used flashback there or at worst a mid session save to see if I could avoid that happening.

The weather was changing so AI flooded to pits and Torro Rosso obviously double stacked but I reckon that would be an infringment blocking someones pit exit.

Annoyingly this was the 4tg wet race in a row (was forcast dry with one light rain at then yet lap 16 siled it doen all race)

Britain is going to be wet too so 5 in a row only 3 dry races this season.

We should either have the ability to adjust out speed a bit in the pits, or other cars should ghost in the pits. It should be in no way possible (or allowed) to impede another team in this way. 
It's true that it is (online as well as offline) usually with changing weather that this is an issue. but since the ai does NOTHING to built a gap and double stacking takes WAY too long in this game anyway, People CAN build a gap but even then double stacking is just broken so the gap would have to become way too big. ghosting should 100% be a thing in this situation. it's just a very illegal thing. can't make your problem someone elses problem. and double stacking shoul dbe made a lot smoother. (when you come in straight behind, but also when you come in half a lap later than your teammate. it's totally ridiculous that they're (sometimes) not ready yet then.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

or other cars should ghost in the pits

100% agree on ghosted ai in the pits, which is actually everyone as the ai takes over player cars in the pits.

Hi everyone,

I've raised this with the developers. @AdamFreeman, this one is an instance where I would recommend a TA post with a bug report. It allows us to see things clearer and completed bug reports help us immensely. I've moved to TA. If you can complete a bug report using the template, will save us time in trying to obtain more detail down the line 👍

23 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

100% agree on ghosted ai in the pits, which is actually everyone as the ai takes over player cars in the pits.

No, the pits should work as IRL but obviously without the glitches. Sometimes the team may not be ready, especially with a late driver call.

Ghosting ruins the game.

I don't want ghosting in the pits, not in my career.

What happened there has been known to happen in real life, it's bad luck and causes some fist waving, but it's just an unfortunate pit lane incident. They are a pain but I WANT them to be a possibility. We can't complain about the lack of 'realism' in car handling, or SC rules, or whatever else, and then selectively say we don't want the realism when it's something we don't like.

Just my opinion. Shoot me down.

So if you want ghosting in the pits, let it be a switchable option, but NOT imposed on all players.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

No, the pits should work as IRL but obviously without the glitches. Sometimes the team may not be ready, especially with a late driver call.

Ghosting ruins the game.

I agree so I'd better be clearer over my response. I meant as long as the issues are not punished by real life penalties and glitches occur then I'd prefer ghosting. Only as a temporary fix until ai behavior and rule infractions were tightened up though. My stance pretty much on anything is ALWAYS the more realistic the better but I'm also realistic acknowledging both online players and ai glitches /behavior can ruin an entire race for someone without compensation. In real life incidents like this, even if your race was a actually ruined, would result in a meaningful penalty for the driver /team involved. Fine, grid penalty next race, points docking etc. I recognize these are all impotent in a single race environment so why not have a simple game IF AND THEN solution for the pits? IF 2 cars of same team detected with the 1st car still in pit box with 2nd stuck behind THEN ghost 2nd car? In project cars for example you manually drive into the pits if you want and the cars while not ghosted have collision detection OFF. This works very well, I believe it's the same in iracing. When a game won't even allow you to drive into the pits at all like the f1 games and the ai has total control is somewhat a moot point disagreeing with ghosting or CD off because you have no way to drive around an errant car anyway.

29 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I agree so I'd better be clearer over my response. I meant as long as the issues are not punished by real life penalties and glitches occur then I'd prefer ghosting. Only as a temporary fix until ai behavior and rule infractions were tightened up though. My stance pretty much on anything is ALWAYS the more realistic the better but I'm also realistic acknowledging both online players and ai glitches /behavior can ruin an entire race for someone without compensation. In real life incidents like this, even if your race was a actually ruined, would result in a meaningful penalty for the driver /team involved. Fine, grid penalty next race, points docking etc. I recognize these are all impotent in a single race environment so why not have a simple game IF AND THEN solution for the pits? IF 2 cars of same team detected with the 1st car still in pit box with 2nd stuck behind THEN ghost 2nd car? In project cars for example you manually drive into the pits if you want and the cars while not ghosted have collision detection OFF. This works very well, I believe it's the same in iracing. When a game won't even allow you to drive into the pits at all like the f1 games and the ai has total control is somewhat a moot point disagreeing with ghosting or CD off because you have no way to drive around an errant car anyway.

I hear you, but having the two cars in the pitlane at the same time is only due to 2 things, the team deliberately stacking (and there have been incidents like this and penalties handed out for the consequences IRL) OR driver 2 making a late unscheduled stop.

This is clearly the former situation, the AI has pitted two cars in a stack. Of course they should be penalised after the race.

Or it is an AI glitch to call the double stop? Still should be penalised, but shouldn't happen.

I think even the player is more bothered that they don't get penalised. But even IRL there are pitlanes that can accommodate a double stack whilst allowing the team behind to leave cleanly and some that clearly don't. I don't think ghosting is really the answer.

Part of it is tied in with the way cars are released from the garage onto the other cars even when supposedly the engineer waves you out. This is where the calculation should occur. Also the pit apron from each garage should be 'green' or 'empty' when the car is released from the stop.

There's a whole shed of improvements required in this area. Codemasters might want to try to be the first to properly implement full pit logic rather than the accepted norm of shoddy programming. That and the safety car working are two massive points. And track limits and collsion detection, And the physics. The audio bugs and the visuals. Oh.....

• Thanks 1