Sign in to follow this  

Cars with lower PI

I keep having races where cars with two or three hundred less pi just destroy me. I understand that there are different setups, but these cars seem to have the same setup just lower pi. I am setting fastest lap times and they are pulling away from me like I am sitting still. It has even happened several times with cars that had zero pi. Is this just me?

Are you using Brake assist? 

If so, you’ll find that there are certain turns where assist over-brakes. I’ll often be neck and neck with someone of equal PI going into Viaolone & Ascari at Monza.  With assist OFF, I won’t need my brakes at all from turns 10-13 and I’ll often pull away from them by 1-2 seconds by the finish.  My only guess is that Brake assist is not necessary / not a disadvantage in the first two sectors, but really impedes your PI for sector 3. 

There are lots of other coroners where the assistance is over-braking.  

If you are already knew all that, sorry.

I’m not using break assist and these cars just run away from me from the start. 

Don't go for Perfect Start in Grid. I always lose 3 positions. While I intentionally release the clutch early, I don't lose place needlessly. Maybe a superstition. 😛

They are AI cars if you believe you are always racing a true opponent you a very much mistaken. All done to peg your progress back and make you spend.