I don't think these penalties are right in the game, I'm there catching up to the car in front and i caught up to it next thing it slams on and then i get the penalty and a warning wow ya ok what a load of ****!

If you could provide video it would be really helpful to Codies to see exactly what needs fixing. They specifically need to see exactly when the car in front brakes to see if it counts as early braking, break checking, excessive braking etc plus to see your track positioning to confirm your distance from the car ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, KingOfKingsYNWA said:

It was on a straight when slip streaming it just slammed on!

Was this online with players, or behind an AI?  I once played an online race in another game (forget the name).  I was drafting behind another player.  They spiked the brakes so that I hit them from behind (a blatantly illegal and dangerous move in real life) and I get a 5 second time penalty.

I immediately left the race, quit the game, and uninstalled it.  If the penalty system penalizes the wrong person (and it does in many cases) then it has to be fixed, as this is the easiest way to cheat in racing games.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Was this online with players, or behind an AI?  I once played an online race in another game (forget the name).  I was drafting behind another player.  They spiked the brakes so that I hit them from behind (a blatantly illegal and dangerous move in real life) and I get a 5 second time penalty.

I immediately left the race, quit the game, and uninstalled it.  If the penalty system penalizes the wrong person (and it does in many cases) then it has to be fixed, as this is the easiest way to cheat in racing games.

It's really hard for the software to separate deliberate intention from a player vs accidental incompetence. I like the way iracing does it. No blame is apportioned to any collision. Both cars get equal penalties. At least this way cheaters never prosper as if they know they will get punished every time most of them will stop.

Bad sportsmanship or rather the total lack of it is the reason I have never been online in the f1 games, except in a beta when you're guaranteed fair play unless you are actually testing out penalties.

• Agree 1

This happened online so I'm just sticking to single player and my career mode probably uninstall it soon, thanks for your replys Anyways!

14 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I like the way iracing does it. No blame is apportioned to any collision. Both cars get equal penalties. At least this way cheaters never prosper as if they know they will get punished every time most of them will stop.

This is a really good idea.  In my case, we would have both slowed down for 5 seconds, then continued on our way - no gain for either, but a definite deterrent, as the other person would also lose 5 seconds in the race.

Hey, Codies, I'm just putting this here again in case you missed it the first time.  😛

• Thanks 1

The penalty system this year has been filled with issues. I was on a league race around Baku and got divebombed going into turn 3, taken out and then got a penalty for it. Also, the George russell incident in Spain was just another. I hope the penalty system gets a major overhaul for F1 2020