Jump to content Jump to content

Button Graphics

Tried Googling for the answer to this, but nothing found.

Currently my PC on screen button graphics are either for keyboard - return, escape, F5, F6 etc or The Playstation graphics on the T150 wheel - Triangle, Circle, Square etc. The Fanatec Formula V2 buttons have A, B, X, Y etc - which I think is XBox??  Haven't connected Fanatec yet!!

Does F1 2019 recognise the controller and change the on screen graphics automatically?? or do I have to find a setting somewhere??

37 minutes ago, thisdisplayname said:

Tried Googling for the answer to this, but nothing found.

Currently my PC on screen button graphics are either for keyboard - return, escape, F5, F6 etc or The Playstation graphics on the T150 wheel - Triangle, Circle, Square etc. The Fanatec Formula V2 buttons have A, B, X, Y etc - which I think is XBox??  Haven't connected Fanatec yet!!

Does F1 2019 recognise the controller and change the on screen graphics automatically?? or do I have to find a setting somewhere??

Yes. Changes to the last known type of device connected. Keyboard or PS/XB compatible wheel. The Fanatec V2 depends on the wheelbase (probably) and whether it is PS/XB compatible. If it's XB, I'll assume you have the CSL Elite 1.1?

14 hours ago, thisdisplayname said:

The V2 came with a DD1 bundle - podium-racing-wheel-formula-for-xbox-one-pc.  Has Xbox? button caps, then a another set of buttons.  So hope F1 2019 will display A, B etc when I start it.

Sounds like it might then. But a lot of buttons will probably just be numbered, there are far more than would map to standard pad buttons.

This document gives you what you need.

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/60/cc/63/CS-RFORM-V2-QG-EN-WebmNXxBBYx05pfX.pdf

>But a lot of buttons will probably just be numbered, there are far more than would map to standard pad buttons.

Yes, as a PC wheel everything is numbered. Not even a paddle graphic is displayed instead of F5 and F6 on screen.

The Fanatec supplied set of buttons for an F1 wheel are totally pathetic. Windscreen wipers and horn - on an F1 car?? 

No useful buttons for say DRS and pit limiter. Pretty disappointing for very expensive kit!! 

I'll take up on the Fanatec forum. 

Archived