Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1® 2020 | First Gameplay Trailer

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

but the Formula 2™ cars as well, which is now fully integrated into Career mode.

Did means thar our player will be placed to compete full season at F2, before join F1 Team in career mode?

Still has the terrible smoke effect/water lol

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 16.15.01.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Hopefully this sponsorboards will be presented on F1 2020 as well. :classic_smile: 

Heineken.thumb.jpg.e96f845896ecf163ca144dd4847877ff.jpg

Yeah confuses me too. Like in the Zandvoort video, there was Heineken, but in the Barcelona one there wasn't. Obviously track dependent, but in the screenshot of you there is Heineken and I think in the Hotlap it is FlyEmirates. Anyway, will see!👀 But would be amazing as a passionate beer drinker to have Heineken in the game

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

Did means thar our player will be placed to compete full season at F2, before join F1 Team in career mode?

Yes! F2 ist necessary before going into F1. But you can choose the length of your F2 campaign, you got three options: only three races, 50% of the calender (~12 races) or the complete calender with 24 races. Idk if this applies for both career modes though!

4 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

If this is supposed to be full wet conditions, then it is very underwhelming.

Possibly console limitation, or maybe even the Ego Engine not being able to take huge loads of particles to process en masse, unfortunate.

Next gen title on PS5 / XBoxSeriesX needs to improve on that massively.

7 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

I think that doesn't look too bad to be honest, the spray often looks like smoke on real life still pictures, even if it's a lot more dense. There don't seem to be any puddles there so it might be on a drying track as well.racefansdotnet-20190728-143654-36-470x313.jpg.e900670a97b25f450bfaf1f124df6f23.jpg

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Although they are cool looking cars, the engagement and usage numbers on these were low compared to other classic cars. We are very confident that the new Schumacher Classic Cars will be a more than popular replacement 👍

Thanks for the reply, yeah I support the decision. I do hope in future we can get closer to having multiple cars from the same season though 😉

31 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

I think it's optional

Posted (edited)

Not a bad looking trailer, though I must say a few things:

• Full-Wet conditions look a bit meh here. Not enough spray I guess?
  • The part where the McLaren touches the wall - after careful rechecking of the trailer, sparks fly just before the wheel actually touches the wall. Interesting...
  • ERS - so far it's a mystery. I thought maybe "Overtake" sign could mean "DRS" usage, as at one point it shows "Disable" and also Lap 1; However at one point it shows "Overtake", Mode 2, and it's Lap 1. No idea so far. Maybe a "KERS" button return? Needs more detail.

Anyway, trailer looks nice, however, I'd preferred it to be a bit longer, and maybe showing some actual new features, or just generally showcasing the actual gameplay a bit more - maybe proper racing and some crashing here and there (damage model). Maybe that's just my thinking.

(Also it probably is just me, but Leclerc's face... Doesn't look exactly like him? Maybe that's just me though.)

EDIT: Oh and also, that list includes F1-2000 twice. Probably accidental mistake and the 88 McLaren should still be there.

Edited by mantazzo
Forgot one point.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Of course, we’ll also be adding the 2020 season as a free update later in the year.

Barry, sorry if I'm being extra slow here but can you explain what that statement means to me? Surely the 2020 season is the whole point of the game? Unless you mean the actual REAL season if it takes place with reduced races, doubled up 8weekends, maybe even reversed tracks who knows?! That would be extra cool for sure. For one second I thought you meant 2021 season but that would be daft!

EDIT:After writing this post I had to wait 2 minutes to submit it. Hmmm

Now after waiting 2 minutes it's making me wait another 2 minutes. 🙄

Just now, sloppysmusic said:

Barry, sorry if I'm being extra slow here but can you explain what that statement means to me? Surely the 2020 season is the whole point of the game? Unless you mean the actual REAL season if it takes place with reduced races, doubled up 8weekends, maybe even reversed tracks who knows?! That would be extra cool for sure. For one second I thought you meant 2021 season but that would be daft!

i think its about f2?

Agreed with @KiLLu12258, F2 will be the 2020 update. Much like in 2019 where you got the 2018 and 2019 editions of the F2 season, you will get the 2019 and 2020 editions of the F2 seasons in 2020.

• Like 3

Of course, we’ll also be adding the 2020 season as a free update later in the year.

now another 107 seconds. I think if I press submit just before the limit is up it resets the limit whereas usually it just counts down to zero. BTW I believe I just wrote one reply elsewhere before this one. Also wondering now if just typing extra stuff while I am waiting is actually resetting the timer? Let's find out.....

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Unsure, slow to me too. Were investigating.

I am doing some 'undisclosed' forum work at the moment which may have slowed it down. Sorry about that. I'll add it on in the morning tomorrow, just there's areas I need to update ready for the BETA

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Unsure, slow to me too. Were investigating.

I am doing some 'undisclosed' forum work at the moment which may have slowed it down. Sorry about that. I'll add it on in the morning tomorrow, just there's areas I need to update ready for the BETA

Any ETA on the Beta, i know its some stressful for you guys, but was just wondering🙂

now another 107 seconds. I think if I press submit just before the limit is up it resets the limit whereas usually it just counts down to zero. BTW I believe I just wrote one reply elsewhere before this one. Also wondering now if just typing extra stuff while I am waiting is actually resetting the timer? Let's find out.....yes it seems to be doing precisely that OK I will now sit and do nothing for at least 3 minutes!

Screenshot_20200512-121651_Firefox.jpg

6 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

now another 107 seconds. I think if I press submit just before the limit is up it resets the limit whereas usually it just counts down to zero. BTW I believe I just wrote one reply elsewhere before this one. Also wondering now if just typing extra stuff while I am waiting is actually resetting the timer? Let's find out.....yes it seems to be doing precisely that OK I will now sit and do nothing for at least 3 minutes!

Screenshot_20200512-121651_Firefox.jpg

Oops.. It seems to have posted the first time even though it told me to wait. I'm glad this didn't make me post the same post 5 times!

Sorry for the multiple posts everyone. As you can see from the Screenshot every time I press submit it gave me a timeout and did not show my post has succeeded. Ironically the moment I messaged about it first the original post appeared then multiple others... 🙄

Maybe my tablet is as senile as me?

🤔🤣

• Haha 2

So that answers that - F2 is back in the game. Yuk! If this is the case there is no reason all classic cars should not return, in addition to Schumacher's additions.  

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Although they are cool looking cars, the engagement and usage numbers on these were low compared to other classic cars. We are very confident that the new Schumacher Classic Cars will be a more than popular replacement 👍

But why remove them from the game? You still have the models, the coded dynamics, it's not like they interfere with other classic cars or game features, it just remains an addition. I dont see any particular reason to remove these from the list of classic cars after one year.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mennoo22 said:

But why remove them from the game? You still have the models, the coded dynamics, it's not like they interfere with other classic cars or game features, it just remains an addition. I dont see any particular reason to remove these from the list of classic cars after one year.

They would have to pay a licensing fee if they included those cars in the game. But what's the point of paying if nobody uses them? Just a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

They would have to pay a licensing fee if they included those cars in the game. But what's the point of paying if nobody uses them? Just a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

fair point. haven't thought about that