Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

F1® 2020 | First Gameplay Trailer

At 32 seconds of the trailer, we can see the Bus stop chicane (Spa), do you think it's been updated? 

At 48 seconds, we can hear the Mercedes engine (William's car) despite the music, we also can see Eau Rouge corner but I don't think that's been updated.

Was the McLaren driven by an AI or someone from Codemasters when it hit the wall? 

Enjoyable trailer, I can't wait for more.

Posted (edited)

I have to say the games promising but I'm disappointed at the lack of localized weather. The system is to easy to predict unrealistic and looks like somebody used photo shop to create it. We need the spray drying racing line after a shower and puddles that destabilise the car similar to forza would be more welcome realistic.

Edited by Chromatic

9 hours ago, Mennoo22 said:

fair point. haven't thought about that

I could not get on par with the 70/80 cars in the earlier F1 games. I am glad they focus is on the more modern cars. There are other sims that we can use for the vintage F1 cars.

Looking forward to July!

14 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Speaking of alcohol sponsorship, Singha is already in the game, hopefully Estrella Galicia also gets some love.

I've spotted Moose (cider) as well. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

This is gonna sound stupid

the game looks great but can’t wait for 2021 with all the driver movements😂

I like that we finally see constant time gaps in the positions HUD. I hope we can optionally extend the drivers in the timing tower. Nice upgrade so far Codemasters. 👍🏼 Now we only need to be able to customize the HUD to our personal likings.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

As far as I understand, ERS harvesting is now in auto mode, but we can manually deploy what was cumulated at any time while on track.

Edited by sergey_blackbird

4 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I like that we finally see constant time gaps in the positions HUD. I hope we can optionally extend the drivers in the timing tower. Nice upgrade so far Codemasters. 👍🏼 Now we only need to be able to customize the HUD to our personal likings.

I completely agree, for example the speedometer blocks the right mirror

That looks very nice. I´m really looking forward for more information and the game self.

Looks promising, also the ones concerned for the full wet situation will be happy! :)

Biggest takeaway for me so far after watching some of the gameplay videos. Aarava mentioned that there is an option for a rear view mirror!

Thank you Codemasters 🙏. As someone that predominantly plays in cockpit cam that feature alone makes me grin from ear to ear. Curious to see it in action. For me if they’ve managed to get the game engine to handle split screen multiplayer then surely a mirror option couldn’t have been an impossibility.  Many thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Now I only need some Schumacher gameplay and confirmation on whether F2 drivers are part of the driver transfer system in career mode before I'll put in my pre-order.

Please come Turkish language pack now. You have thousands of fans in Turkey.

• Like 1

From today's videos I noticed that the curbs must be updated, in Hungary and Spain an update of all the curbs is needed @UP100 @BarryBL good work from the sound 💪🏻

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting one of the youtubers 'Tiametmarduk' said they can't show the Mercedes for 'certain reasons' is that because it has a DAS animation as you drive down straights 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm really looking forward to this game, the tracks look like they've been edited and ERS looks like it's auto mapped with an overtake button! Massive step up from having to constantly change modes on 2019.

1 hour ago, mikyesposto95 said:

From today's videos I noticed that the curbs must be updated, in Hungary and Spain an update of all the curbs is needed @UP100 @BarryBL good work from the sound 💪🏻

I'd even say the whole bunch of 22 tracks need updated kerbs. Not sure about Hanoi, but I recon we will probably see a trampoline-esque kerbs there, because CM absolutely loves them. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1