F1® 2020 | First Gameplay Trailer

6 minutes ago, Nat said:

I'm really looking forward to this game, the tracks look like they've been edited and ERS looks like it's auto mapped with an overtake button! Massive step up from having to constantly change modes on 2019.

But real F1 drivers do change ers modes in a race more charge, less charge etc it was just over done in 2019 game. Now we have went backwards to the same system that was in F1 2012 or whatever it was 

Hi there,

Not sure if that was already mentioned here, but could you guys consider using brighter green and red colours on the throttle and break bars? I believe that would improve vision since now looks a bit darker.

Cheers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Why did the move the throttle and brake indicators down and move ers it was much easier to watch peoples laps with brake and throttle indicator going around the gear number so you could see it with the gear, seems worse. 

2019 hud is so much cleaner and easier to read 2020 hud looks arcade overload with smaller numbers

maxresdefault 2.jpg

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Lee Mather just confirmed in a YouTube video with tiametmarduk that Zandvoort was made using laser data from the Dutch government. So why do so many corners look different?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Lee Mather just confirmed in a YouTube video with tiametmarduk that Zandvoort was made using laser data from the Dutch government. So why do so many corners look different?

Because the track apparently underwent even more changes afterwards, changes that are not in Codemasters version yet.

The trackdesigner of the real life Zandvoort circuit, Zaffelli, pointed out the issues in Codemasters version of the track a couple of weeks ago:

Seems as if Codemasters got hands on a very early build of laserscan data. But changes were made afterwards, rendering Codemasters version to be outdated already.

The game still sound way too high pitch than real life, they are real deep throaty engines now they sound weak in the game. The tv onboard mix that for some reason people want is deliberately higher pitch to make people think of the V8 era. The actual sound is so much better and deeper

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

The game still sound way too high pitch than real life, they are real deep throaty engines now they sound weak in the game. The tv onboard mix that for some reason people want is deliberately higher pitch to make people think of the V8 era. The actual sound is so much better and deeper

Imo, the ingame pitch is finally correct. Last year the cars sounded as if they were barely revving beyond 11k rpm. 

The higher pitch you have mentioned in your post comes from the exhaust mic. Apparently a option for TV Broadcast Mix and a Standard Mix has been included in the game as a on/off switch. If you don't like the high pitched exhaust mic, you can turn it off.

• Agree 2

Just now, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Imo, the ingame pitch is finally correct. Last year the cars sounded as if they were barely revving beyond 11k rpm. 

The higher pitch you have mentioned in your post comes from the exhaust mic. Apparently a option for TV Broadcast Mix and a Standard Mix has been included in the game as a on/off switch. If you don't like the high pitched exhaust mic, you can turn it off.

Im hoping that's true but we've seen no videos of it, and non of the youtubers have shown that option in the menus. I have a bad feeling it will just be a a slightly tweaked mix and won't sound like it actually does

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, TomAAA said:

But real F1 drivers do change ers modes in a race more charge, less charge etc it was just over done in 2019 game. Now we have went backwards to the same system that was in F1 2012 or whatever it was 

Not as much as what we do on f1 2019, they have a set deployment route and can harvest more or use more to overtake/push but that's it, they don't have the same control that we have on 2019, which is why I much prefer F1 2020s style.

16 minutes ago, Nat said:

Not as much as what we do on f1 2019, they have a set deployment route and can harvest more or use more to overtake/push but that's it, they don't have the same control that we have on 2019, which is why I much prefer F1 2020s style.

Thats why many of us wanted a simple pre mapped charge (0), deploy (1) and overtake (OT) button system, not full auto and an overtake button.

7 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Thats why many of us wanted a simple pre mapped charge (0), deploy (1) and overtake (OT) button system, not full auto and an overtake button.

It's much better this way because we can focus on the actual driving element. For league racing especially it's a lot better because we will just stick the car into a quali mode like irl and then we can focus on doing a lap, it's so much better than last game.

10 minutes ago, Nat said:

It's much better this way because we can focus on the actual driving element. For league racing especially it's a lot better because we will just stick the car into a quali mode like irl and then we can focus on doing a lap, it's so much better than last game.

That might be true but it's effectively now the same as 2017 with the addition of the overtake button. Regarding what the driver does I mean.

1 hour ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Lights on in daylight, once again. Why? :classic_mellow:

Most likely a limitation on how the lighting is calculated.

18 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Its laser scan and laser scan. For example iracing is miles ahead od rest. So much depend on technology amd quality of scan

46 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Most likely a limitation on how the lighting is calculated.

I think this bug is in the category of "extremely hard to solve" like wrong pit lane limiter speed at Silverstone. I bet we won't see it fixed until F1 2030. :classic_sad:

27 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

I think this bug is in the category of "extremely hard to solve" like wrong pit lane limiter speed at Silverstone. I bet we won't see it fixed until F1 2030. :classic_sad:

Honestly, this sounds like more easier problem to fix for me. Those should be light sources (I guess), game knows what session/time of day is and with that information can choose to switch them on or off. This is all guess work, it could be that they are creating lights with some different approach which doesn't allow to do this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomAAA said:

And isn't this the way they have implemented it in the 2020 videogame? I'm asking, not hironic! From some footage I see there are the 3 mapped mod plus overtake button...am I wrong?

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Well I'm about 90% sure if there are scale problems, they aren't noticeable without checking the distances with some kind of tool. We also know that at least two tracks have had laser scanning data used in their creation.

Let's remember: Laser scanning isn't a magical thing that will cause your track to be as realistic as possible. You still have to create the track for the game.

guys there is something that prevents the car from turning around. In the videos it is clearly seen that when you are losing the car, at some point it goes straight on its own and does not turn. We want a difficult game without help, driving to the limit must be as difficult as the real drivers and not easier as seen from this beta

On 5/12/2020 at 7:24 PM, DJINFINITY2003 said:

Looks great! And first time we see custom podium celebrations! 

And it's great that we now have the opportunity to play a full F2 season instead of 3 races. 

Shame we didn't see the new classic cars in action but I reckon that will be an other specific trailer.

Great work guys! 

If you read the description, the F2 season continues to be a 3-race affair. Not a full or half season.

3 minutes ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

If you read the description, the F2 season continues to be a 3-race affair. Not a full or half season.

You can now do a 3 race, half season or a full season for the F2 season, though Butler and Weber won't be in it, if you want to watch Aarav's video it says there!!! 😃

• Agree 2

Just now, TruckGame said:

You can now do a 3 race, half season or a full season for the F2 season, though Butler and Weber won't be in it, if you want to watch Aarav's video it says there!!! 😃

Yup, confirmed by Lee as well. F2's fully implemented into career this time.

5 minutes ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

oIQ7EeM.png

With all due respect, good sir, but you're incorrect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mantazzo said:

oIQ7EeM.png

With all due respect, good sir, but you're incorrect.

Thanks for updating me.