F1¬ģ 2020 | First Gameplay Trailer

4 minutes ago, StoicSouthpaw said:

Thanks for updating me.

What's this - civility on an internet forum? ūüėÖ

This was one of the best changes to Career for me. I enjoyed the brief F2 story in 2019 but didn't want the fictional characters in my season.

I'd hope that your success (or lack thereof)  in F2 determines which teams offer you a contract, but that remains to be seen I suppose.

• Agree 1

Just now, Pepski said:

I'd hope that your success (or lack thereof)  in F2 determines which teams offer you a contract, but that remains to be seen I suppose.

This is what I've been missing in career mode in F1 as well; I don't like how you can negotiate into any team at any point. If I don't get the results I don't want all the top teams being ready to hire me, I want it to be a challenge and getting an offer from Ferrari for example to feel like something special and a reward for my performance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

Honestly, this sounds like more easier problem to fix for me. Those should be light sources (I guess), game knows what session/time of day is and with that information can choose to switch them on or off. This is all guess work, it could be that they are creating lights with some different approach which doesn't allow to do this.

I think we were told that it's an engine limitation. Probably in order to make the lighting as lightweight as possible.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

This is what I've been missing in career mode in F1 as well; I don't like how you can negotiate into any team at any point. If I don't get the results I don't want all the top teams being ready to hire me, I want it to be a challenge and getting an offer from Ferrari for example to feel like something special and a reward for my performance.

As with anything, the best thing to do is give the players options. Maybe in the set up screen when you are starting a new career togheter with the option to pick the F2 lenght they could also give an on/off option for performance affecting what F1 contracts you get. 

This way you make both publics happy, the one who wants a more real approach and the ones who want to do 3 races and jump straigth to Red Bull

Still no infos about pit lane autopilot and damage level? I assume it stay as it was...would be great to see a few more animations in 2020...like when you crash you virtualself should hands off from the wheel when hit barriers or even when you come in the pits and crew push you in the garage...hands should be down like when we are sit in the car...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

They've implemented this approach (in reverse) for MyTeam, in that you won't be able to attract a superstar driver to a poor team and even former F2 drivers will leave you if you're too poor! Maybe even if they're too good?

It would be great to see this kind of realism in Career mode.

36 minutes ago, Erudain said:

As with anything, the best thing to do is give the players options. Maybe in the set up screen when you are starting a new career togheter with the option to pick the F2 lenght they could also give an on/off option for performance affecting what F1 contracts you get. 

This way you make both publics happy, the one who wants a more real approach and the ones who want to do 3 races and jump straigth to Red Bull

Yeah, much like in 2019 being able to select drivers transfer as on/off. Player choice is always a good thing.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

After giving a look at the suzuka bump what about giving a look at the bump right before the braking zone approaching the final chicane at Montreal? At the 100m board there's a quite important bump which isn't there in real life. You can watch Vettel's onboard during Q3 and you'll see no bump there. I even checked a laser scanned version on iRacing and nothing, the bump isn't there. Of course it isn't, it's a true representation of the track.

How in the world you're able to mess up big time with bumps that are non existent in real life? Do you even test the tracks?

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Just seen footage of the Merc at Hanoi, track looks like a more sterile flatter Mexico. The racing line even goes through the pit exit line which will be an 'experience' in a lot of races lol. Will be an interesting track to drive 

Edited by TomAAA

here are the curbs as they should be updated in Barcelona. And how the car should behave on them. Codemasters take notes. Remove any limitations in physics that prevent the car from turning and making the car's behavior realistic. You cannot cut on a curb with all 4 tires without losing grip. It seems to have autospin activated in the game, the machine loses grip but magically then finds grip and you never lose control. Those who play without aid should have a more difficult game, not a game where you can go to the maximum even on the most critical curbs.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:01 AM, sloppysmusic said:

That might be true but it's effectively now the same as 2017 with the addition of the overtake button. Regarding what the driver does I mean.

I much prefer this, means we can focus on the driving more and overall it's more enjoyable.

Its been confirmed by youtubers that in time trial the cars are still not equal, so we will all still be using the Mercedes again it seems 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomAAA said:

Its been confirmed by youtubers that in time trial the cars are still not equal, so we will all still be using the Mercedes again it seems 

Would be cool if we eventually get the option to divide the leaderboards by teams, e.g.:

If i drive the Williams and post a 1:16:8 at Spain, i will be listed XXXXth in the general leaderboard.

But, i get the option to filter the leaderboards and choose "filter by teams", which grants me the ability to see my Williams laptime of 1:16:8 listed against all the other Williams times that have been posted by other people.

Imo, with this filter system in mind, other options such as "filter by assists" (no assists/ medium assists/ full assists), "filter by platform" (PC/ PS4/ XBone), "filter by device" (Steering Wheel/ Controller/ Keyboard/ Joystick) and "filter by date" (Newest/ Oldest) etc. should also be added.

Codemasters need to give us more filter options for the Time Trial or Special Event or Online MP leaderboards.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Time trials with different tires would be a very good start!

10 minutes ago, Jahudka said:

Still hope in VR support...

Lee Mather said there won't be any VR for various reasons

someone has just ask if there is the possibility to have spectator mode also on single player mode? in a race or weekend, not season obviously.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Oasis81 said:

someone has just ask if there is the possibility to have spectator mode also on single player mode? in a race or weekend, not season obviously.

That would be great, you had that in the Studio Liverpool games back in the day. I remember spectating races when I was very young on F1 2002 on the PS2. You could also edit the grid, Ferrari would still finish 1-2 in a 10% race, even if you put them on the last row of the grid.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, daandw02 said:

That would be great, you had that in the Studio Liverpool games back in the day. I remember spectating races when I was very young on F1 2002 on the PS2. You could also edit the grid, Ferrari would still finish 1-2 in a 10% race, even if you put them on the last row of the grid.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

20 hours ago, Oasis81 said:

With the F1 official broadcast graphics.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, daandw02 said:

I remember that in "F1 CE" on the PS3, was a really nice feature indeed.

(Especially seeing the Backmarkers at Pole Position was a treat.)

I'm playing F1 CE in these days. Super graphics considering it's a game that came out in 2007, the official F1 graphics that add a lot to the experience. Too bad the AI is inconsistent, sometimes too easy, sometimes too hard

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

finally a more realistic handling car look o have more grip down force. i always felt something was odd with that and lacked mechanical grip at low speed. hope they wont change it too much from the beta.

nice visuals improvements tyres size& textures looks accurate, colors and gfx looks better and crisper.

sound love the engine tone and notes but still need to work on the off throttle and downshifts they do sound better in 2020 but they could make them better. as you come off throttle the engine should become louder and growl in lower gears 3,2,1 instead of that low fake rumble you can hear witch is odd and doesn't even blend in, it like a separate sound that is played and sound too much like the honda weird rumble.      

Edited by Cap10

Can anyone from Codemasters conform if the multiplayer lobbies will have basic filter functions so we dont have to constantly scroll down and down looking for the kind of lobby we like?

For example, 
one shot qualy
5 laps
reduced damage
press search, boom a big list of that style lobby

From the sound of the potential German Grand Prix replacing Silverstone, would Codemasters add that to the game? If so, how, if the 2020 season in game is nothing like the real life one?

Does anyone else think there should be an option in the championship/career mode to choose between the real-life 2020 calendar or the original intended one?

Posted (edited)

Would love to see better looking drivers for both genders and ethnicity within the game, and a more in depth driver customisation for this years game.

Edited by RBRRanzi