Greetings everyone, I'm sure you've discussed this topic to death but I'm hitting a wall (har har) on squeezing out the last little bit of performance I need to get a stable FPS on my very humble pc.

To start, the specs

i7-4770 (non-k)

16gb DDR3-1600 (non-fancy PNY ram)

Corsair 750w Gold

Mid tier Sandisk SSD

Gigabyte GTX1070 Mini

AOC 2590G4 144hz monitor via Displayport

MSI Afterburner for tweaks and monitoring

I've pared down the settings, limited (and unlimited) the max fps via the Nvidia control panel (and in the game itself), set everything to max performance. A minor 75mhz core clock boost works ok but anything past that doesn't really improve the FPS or stability of the frame times. I can get a *generally* solid 135fps, but occasional drops to 100-119fps do pop in there for no apparent reason. No changes in weather, lighting, etc seem to really be the cause. What confuses me the most is the GPU usage doesn't consistently max out when the drops happen, so it isn't at all clear what to tweak. Lowering the detail settings in game doesn't improve the issue either.

Limiting the FPS to 120 only causes the drops to move down into the 90-100fps range, either situation is very disorienting at high speeds.

Any suggestions? I know it's a bit of a Cadillac problem but I'm so close to the goal, any help is appreciated.

Switching the v-sync option from "on" to "fast" in the Nvidia options made it 90% more stable, thanks everyone.