DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

You know that weird auto-brake that happens when you cross the finish line that comes accompanied by a weird beep and turbo-decompression sound (for lack of any better way of describing it)?

What is that all about? Is that a thing from real life? Some small percentage of the time when it happens I'm going quickly enough around a corner that I lose control of the vehicle and cause major damage in the middle of a tournament.

Is there some way to avoid this?

I don't understand the first question. There's a beep when you drive through the finish line. What's the problem?

The second question, if I understood correctly: You can't always drive to the finish at full speed, because of course you have to slow down afterwards.

Maybe it's something you don't notice without force feedback on a wheel, but under specific circumstances it ends up being like a random stomp on the brakes out of my control. The noise isn't a problem, the wheel getting erroneously yanked for no apparent reason is. 

Nvm, it's called time-control  braking - an assist setting I apparently didn't turn off with all the others. It assumes you become an idiot and not use the brakes after the finish line so it does it for you. Occasionally it destroys the car in the middle of a tournament.