Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2019 Driving Issues -- brand new to simracing

wowdere

Hello, I am brand new to simracing and have recently set up a fanatec clubsport formula steering wheel with my rig. I have logged F1 2019 for about 10 hours and I have noticed that I really struggle with 90 degree turns or very sharp turns. I'm not sure if this is because I am brand new to simracing and driving games in general, or a technical issue. I first noticed this when I was attempting to do time trials at Monza and I couldn't make the first turn even when I was going 20kph. My wheel was rotated nearly 270degrees and yet the car could not make the turn. I struggle to turn the car in similar situations (such as the last chicane in silverstone) and I am not sure if this is user error or a setting that hasn't been calibrated. I've watched some onboard footage from F1 racers and I never see them rotate their steering wheels 270 degrees and so I'm wondering if there is something that I need to change, or if I just suck at driving lol. Other simracing streamers don't seem to rotate their wheels as much for sharp turns either. Any help at all is appreciated, thank you so much!

Archived