F1 2020 Gameplay by Content Creators

Today at 9 am Aarav, Ben, JD and iContrast released Exclusive Gameplay of F1 2020 where they did some time-trial. I gotta say that I´m, really happy why what we have so far. Good news about the handling model that was changed and now is more pleasing to drive the cars. You feel more downforce and the braking zones have been slightly shortened. Hopefully, the brakes are improved as well because I don´t like the 2019 brakes where I always feel nervous because it´s easy to lock-up. In a nutshell: the cars are faster and like Aarav said: it feels Season 2 Career cars. Can´t wait to try the Red Bull after Ben saying it feels so good in the corners.

In terms of the sounds, I can´t say anything because they are the same. Maybe it´s the sound we´ll have on the FOM car. For me, it sounds like a mix of Honda and the F1 2021 RSS for AC sound. But nonetheless, it sounds really good.

The kerbs in some tracks were redesigned. For example, the last kerb at Ascari is less deadly now. You can mount with more confidence now and some tracks are now wider matching more real-life thanks to the feedback from F1 drivers.

Conclusion: this Early-Build looks really good. Definitely a step forward. Can´t wait to see what is in store for us in these next few weeks.

Give your thoughts as well 🙂

• Like 6

I think the new ers system is a much better and much needed improvement I loved let’s back in the day so I’m happy it’s gonna be something similar. I’m really looking forward to this game bring on 7th July 👌👌👌

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

GameRiots gameplay video has 25 mins of gameplay and looks glorious in 4K. Could be just me but some of the aliasing looks better in Bahrain from what I can see of the lighting poles in the background.  Highly recommend taking a look at the gameplay in 4K as it looks so much better in terms of the detail. 

The engine sound of the Ferrari and Haas early on in his video sounds like an absolute monster, particularly with the downshifts. Kudos to the sound guys. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I'm just watching a video from Aarava. Rear mirror? The new ERS management system? Zaandvort based on laser scanned data? Really, it's all going in a very good direction.

• Like 3

The pre built game looks good, various curves have been updated, I am looking forward to trying the new ers system. It also appears that the traction has changed a bit.

• Like 1

Just heard from one of the RaceFans videos on the new game that Will Buxton will feature as the interviewer?? That’s awesome, RIP Claire 😢😅 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@PJTierney Can you ask the team to move the rear view mirror to the very top of the screen as having it in the middle like it is right now is crazy distracting going through corners. It should be at the very top of the screen like most racing games, like Pcars2 etc. Many thanks 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

There are some nice gameplay videos on Youtube. And iContrast says in his video that the Monza Track has been remodeled.

After hearing in December that Codemasters bought Slighty Mad Studios, my wish was that some Project Cars 2 tracks (Monza, Barcelona, Monaco, Spa, Austin, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and Silverstone) would be implemented in the new F1 2020, because these are laser scanned Tracks.

When I watch the videos and also watch the Barcelona Hotlap video, my feeling becomes stronger that this is the case. To be honest, I only expected F1 2021 to happen this way. Maybe we will get SMS Live Track 3.0 from PCars 2 with the changeable track Conditions regarding grip level, behavior of the water when it rains etc. in F1 2020 or 2021 

that would be very very awesome

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just found a preview that confirms the Suzuka bump has been flattened, and SC logic has been further improved among other things. Great news.

"In response to feedback, the infamous bump at Suzuka has now been flattened out, whilst the Safety Car bug in Career has also been fixed for this year’s entry – with Codemasters refining the criteria for activation. A complete pile-up of cars will now trigger it, whereas previously that may not have happened in F1 2019.  " 

https://www.fullthrottlemedia.co.uk/article/f1-2020-preview

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

What about "THE BUMP". You all know what i'm talking about.......

edit: haha, can you read my mind.........

Edited by aartstyle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at the now deleted video of 25% race at Zandvoort, the start lights now have the sound from real life. But I think the timing of the start lights should be slightly tweaked. In real life it's like beep-pause-beep-pause-beep while in the game it's beep-beep-beep. Here's an example:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ritti1987 said:

There are some nice gameplay videos on Youtube. And iContrast says in his video that the Monza Track has been remodeled.

After hearing in December that Codemasters bought Slighty Mad Studios, my wish was that some Project Cars 2 tracks (Monza, Barcelona, Monaco, Spa, Austin, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and Silverstone) would be implemented in the new F1 2020, because these are laser scanned Tracks.

Monza, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim & Silverstone aren't lased scanned in PCARS 1 or 2. Niether is SPA however they used they used the Iracing track model to help create their version. Red Bull Ring was LIDAR and drone scanned. Sames as Paul Ricard in f1 2019. Austin I believe was the only full laser scanned F1 track they did... I was a original PCARS backer and had access to their development forums which showed how they built their tracks.

Edited by inter794
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

My thoughts on the sounds:

Renault: the best one for me. The only tweak that I would have is that the turbo whistle volume is just a bit higher. But just a tiny bit. 9/10

Honda: it sounds more like a Renault than a Honda. The turbo whistle needs to be dropped. 6,5/10

Mercedes: needs more work on it. Sounds "metallic". Maybe it´s not the best adjective... 7/10

Ferrari: Reminds me a  between the 2015 Ferrari and the Honda. 7,5/10

Overall, they sound good. Definitely a step forward compared with 2019 where the rev sounds where too low. This first show of the sounds shows that we´ve had a here a strong foundation with some room to improve. Great job so far Codies!

Great @BarryBL. FInally i've the feeling that you are really listening to your customers. Rearview mirror, bump fixed etc. Hopefully the sim experience has also improved! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To comment on the article and the infamous 'bump', from user feedback, I can confirm it is removed and a much smoother exit to the pit straight for Suzuka. Again, thanks everyone for the feedback on this over the past year. From a personal point of view, I've binned it on that bump a few times, so I'm delighted its gone from a race viewpoint. 👍

More details outside of the media feedback will continue to be released as we get closer to F1 2020 launch.

I’ll keep saying it, but Barry man, you are on a different level of keeping us eagers racefans up to date to the best of you’re ability which again, has been something that was absent for the last couple of years on this forum, big up Barry🙌🏽

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To comment on the article and the infamous 'bump', from user feedback, I can confirm it is removed and a much smoother exit to the pit straight for Suzuka. Again, thanks everyone for the feedback on this over the past year. From a personal point of view, I've binned it on that bump a few times, so I'm delighted its gone from a race viewpoint. 👍

More details outside of the media feedback will continue to be released as we get closer to F1 2020 launch.

Hi 

What about the nasty bump at the Red bull GP track. 

As you are coming up to the 2nd corner. Its very noticeable.

It can throw you wheel violently left and right even if you turn FFB down on your  wheel.

Alot worse then the Japanese track which the bump has always been a part of  the Japanese GP track. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, senna94f1 said:

Hi 

What about the nasty bump at the Red bull GP track. 

As you are coming up to the 2nd corner. Its very noticeable.

It can throw you wheel violently left and right even if you turn FFB down on your  wheel.

Alot worse then the Japanese track which the bump has always been a part of  the Japanese GP track. 

Hi @senna94f1,

At this moment in time, outside of the media releases, we will have more details on changes and improvements coming up to release. As you can see, there's a LOT going on at this time, and once I have information that has the okay to be made public, I will 👍

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

About the engine sound, glad to hear that the overall pitch is much higher than last year, which is more realistic and makes the cars feel more lively.

But, imo, the Mercedes engine sound still seems to lack the distinct Mercedes Turbowhine in lower revs / rpms, also the exhaust engine sound on the right side of the audio (exhaust mic) seems to have a extreme amount of wooosshh effect to it, which on the real life TV feed is not as pronounced:

Hope @issueskid, and everyone else at the audio team of Codemasters, have a look at it.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

@issueskid

After having listened to the engine sound of each engine manufacturer in F1 2020, the preview build that the YouTube community got to showcase early on, i have to say that the overall audio quality has improved once again and that is a step into the right direction.

Either way, i forgot to add this issue earlier, but the rpms after each upshift to 8th gear seems to be wrong for the Ferrari engine and the Mercedes engine:

After upshifting from gear 1 to gear 7, the rpm is always around 10.5k to 10.7k, which is realistic if compared to real life telemetry, but once shifted from gear 7 to gear 8 it's around 10.1k - 10.3k for these 2 engine manufacturers specifically, which is unrealistic and basically wrong. Because of that significantly lower rpm range in 8th gear, after upshifting from 7th gear, the engine sound is way too low pitched and incorrect.

In other words, the engine sound for Ferrari and Mercedes, only in 8th gear, sounds as if the gear ratio is way too long.

Hope this will get fixed for both the Ferrari and Mercedes engine.

PS: I retract my previous comment about only the Ferrari and Mercedes engine being effected by a wrong gear ratio for 8th gear. As it turns out, it's the case for all engine manufacturers. But it is more distinctively audible for the Ferrari and Mercedes engine:

Of course this is still a early build and "work in progress", but i hope that it will be fixed before release.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 1

fZn6QeK.png

I see the lights haven't been changed in Bahrain... (If you didn't know, in F1 2019 these lights worked all the time, even in daylight conditions. Seems to be the same here still...)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

According to Lee Mather, the video above (timestamped) says Codemasters had access to laser scanning of Zandvoort. My question is: how is the track still inaccurate? You can look at the rFactor and Assetto Corsa versions and compare. Turns 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 were not revamped on the current real life version but they still do not look realistic.

Edited by MrCosta96
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Limitless in latest video. It looks like the pad players are in favour. Icontrast is on top of the leaderboards with a pad. Please not again......

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, mantazzo said:

fZn6QeK.png

I see the lights haven't been changed in Bahrain... (If you didn't know, in F1 2019 these lights worked all the time, even in daylight conditions. Seems to be the same here still...)

Saw that too, hopefully this will be fixed.

Makes me wonder, whether or not the mirrors in night time races have been fixed as well. In F1 2019, the mirrors did not have any illumination for the track in them, during night time. Apparently due to console power limitation.

20190814_124036.jpg

20190814_124200.jpg

20190814_124635.jpg

20190814_124836.jpg

5 minutes ago, MrCosta96 said:

According to Lee Mather, the video above (timestamped) says Codemasters had access to laser scanning of Zandvoort. My question is: how is the track still inaccurate? You can look at the rFactor and Assetto Corsa versions and compare. Turns 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 were not revamped on the current real life version but they still do not look realistic.

• Like 1