Suggestions for the future of this game

Posted (edited)

First of all, I love what you've done with the game in the past years. Though, as someone who plays the game mostly for the offline part of the game casually, with a cheap controller/gamepad, I have some suggestions for the future of the game.
These are things I'd like to have in the game or things that annoy me and I'd love changed/removed/have an option to remove them.

Issues :

- AI incredible grip at race starts (cannot counter that with a cheap gamepad)

- the level of AI is unoptimized in some races, even from corner to corner they can be either very slow consistently or too fast compared to actual player and adjusting AI skill level doesn't really help that (at least from my experience) (good example is canada after turn 7, AI just finds incredible grip and accelarates so much faster than I can, or the straight after last corner in japan) (another good example is mexican GP, the AI has unreal traction after the last corner coming onto the straight)

- AI is often veeeeeeeeery slow when coming for a pitstop

- when under safety car, when the message comes up "SC coming in this lap" the AI suddenly brake unrealistically hard, almost coming to a full stop, it often happens that I either hit the car in front or I have to dodge it

- when an AI car has an issue and is driving slowly, the AI behind that car are terrible at overtaking that car (usually takes them more than half a lap to finally overtake), often creating a ton of gap between say me and them, takes away from the joy, when I suddenly have 10 sec advantage because of that in 1-2 laps, also sucks being stuck behind those cars as it's pretty much free positions for me

Suggestions :
- ability to skip practices automatically to not waste time loading practices and then going to qualy manually every time in the "computer"
- bring back simulation of races mid race like there was a couple of years ago (obviously make it so that the AI has worse times than actual player)
- make it so that when you select a new tyre to fit mid game that the team does not have it actually doesn't let you do it/ notifies you that the tyre is unavailable (as it is now, if you say you want to go to wets and your team doesn't have them, they'll just give you interns and there's no way a player can know that unless looking before each racing weekend how many tyres he has)
- ability to remove weber and butler from f1 career mode as I'd rather race vs actual drivers, also all the questions about them are annoying and it just keeps going even if you've raced for 5 seasons or more
- as a matter of fact, you could give players the ability to remove interviews all together
- ability to edit each AI racers skill level, aggressiveness, tendency of crashes, etc
- ability to edit all of the AI's aggressiveness, tendency of crashes overall
- more options for race distance? i personally often felt like 5 laps are too little and 25% can sometimes be too long, but something like 15-20% can be ok while still needing to do at least 1 pitstop
- ability to change tyre wear so we could potentially be forced to do 2 pitstops in 25% race

some of these problems were in the game before F1 2019, it'd be really amazing if you managed to fix all of them and add other features/abilites to players for f1 2020.

Edited by broksaj
added some more issues from other post, to have it all in 1 place
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

I agree with some of these a lot. Glad to have someone new to the forums who takes the time to write a detailed post about realistic improvements. I hope you applied for the beta!?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, broksaj said:

First of all, I love what you've done with the game in the past years. Though, as someone who plays the game mostly for the offline part of the game casually, with a cheap controller/gamepad, I have some suggestions for the future of the game.
These are things I'd like to have in the game or things that annoy me and I'd love changed/removed/have an option to remove them.

Issues :

- AI incredible grip at race starts (cannot counter that with a cheap gamepad)

- the level of AI is unoptimized in some races, even from corner to corner they can be either very slow consistently or too fast compared to actual player and adjusting AI skill level doesn't really help that (at least from my experience) (good example is canada after turn 7, AI just finds incredible grip and accelarates so much faster than I can, or the straight after last corner in japan)

- AI is often veeeeeeeeery slow when coming for a pitstop

Suggestions :
- ability to skip practices automatically to not waste time loading practices and then going to qualy manually every time in the "computer"
- bring back simulation of races mid race like there was a couple of years ago (obviously make it so that the AI has worse times than actual player)
- make it so that when you select a new tyre to fit mid game that the team does not have it actually doesn't let you do it/ notifies you that the tyre is unavailable (as it is now, if you say you want to go to wets and your team doesn't have them, they'll just give you interns and there's no way a player can know that unless looking before each racing weekend how many tyres he has)
- ability to remove weber and butler from f1 career mode as I'd rather race vs actual drivers, also all the questions about them are annoying and it just keeps going even if you've raced for 5 seasons or more
- as a matter of fact, you could give players the ability to remove interviews all together
- ability to edit each AI racers skill level, aggressiveness, tendency of crashes, etc
- more options for race distance? i personally often felt like 5 laps are too little and 25% can sometimes be too long, but something like 15-20% can be ok while still needing to do at least 1 pitstop
- ability to change tyre wear so we could potentially be forced to do 2 pitstops in 25% race

some of these problems were in the game before F1 2019, it'd be really amazing if you managed to fix all of them and add other features/abilites to players for f1 2020.

Nice first post!  Welcome to the crazy party.  Don't worry.  We're all mad here.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd Love to see the option to just serve a penalty. i.e just serve a 5-second stop-go without going through with the rest of the pit stop if that makes sense 🤣

• Like 1

well, i'm a long time f1 fan, i played every edition of the game since like 2010 and i've been lurking around the forum for the past 2 years to see what the new patches bring, because sometimes the game is completely unplayable at launch and a few weeks after that, as well and i really, really wish we keep getting improvements and more options.

but yeah, thanks for the warm welcome and nice words, guys! ❤️

38 minutes ago, ItzJackMB said:

I'd Love to see the option to just serve a penalty. i.e just serve a 5-second stop-go without going through with the rest of the pit stop if that makes sense 🤣 

agree!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, broksaj said:

ability to edit each AI racers skill level, aggressiveness, tendency of crashes, etc

This would be a great addition, as you could change it to match a real drivers current form.

I would add fix drive through penalties because right now when you go into the pits for a drive through most times it gives you a new set of tyres instead of serving the penalty 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 2:41 PM, broksaj said:

- the level of AI is unoptimized in some races, even from corner to corner they can be either very slow consistently or too fast compared to actual player and adjusting AI skill level doesn't really help that (at least from my experience) (good example is canada after turn 7, AI just finds incredible grip and accelarates so much faster than I can, or the straight after last corner in japan)

edit : moved all the other issues i found to main post

Edited by broksaj
moved all the other issues i found to main post

I hope in F1 2020 there is already implemented in career mode that I can have mechanical problems during races, like with engine, electronics, etc. And please can you delete DRS failure, it is so unrealistic, or if you want to keep in the game, please lower the frequency of happening this situation. Personally I get it nearly every race weekend and it is so frustrating. I have no problem with having engine issues, it would actually be really good addition as it adds more realism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteStormSK said:

I hope in F1 2020 there is already implemented in career mode that I can have mechanical problems during races, like with engine, electronics, etc. And please can you delete DRS failure, it is so unrealistic, or if you want to keep in the game, please lower the frequency of happening this situation. Personally I get it nearly every race weekend and it is so frustrating. I have no problem with having engine issues, it would actually be really good addition as it adds more realism.

yeah, i'd love if this would be a toggleable option, because I believe not everyone wants to deal with failures

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

They could just make gearbox/engine really sensitive to all that crazy downshifting in corners and also upshifting after few seconds on max revs. All I ever got was with gearbox on 65+% wear, it tells me I lost 1 or 2 gears. Then I adjust my gear change timings and after 5-10 laps it says we are all good now, gears are back.

Although I did have weird DRS issue in practice session in Brazil once. After driving one fast lap with DRS open on finish straight, in Senna S of next lap it told me DRS is stuck. So I go to the pits, they give some time to fix it, go out. As soon as I'm out of pit (in DRS zone on pit exit) it says DRS is stuck although I didn't open it. It happened every time until the end of that session. But it disappeared when I restarted session, so couldn't reproduce it. 🙁

@broksaj nice list of possible improvements.

Edited by XanderSJX
  • Like 1

Guys, I was just wondering, what is the chance Codemasters will actually see this? Is there a way to contact them about these things? Also, I'd love to try beta, but I was too late to the party. 😛

For F1 2020, it is probably to late for some of your propositions. But maybe tagging @BarryBL can help put him on his radar if he didn't see it already.

At this example moment in time guys, we've very much shifted focus to bug management/reporting in the BETA. I will try to get a look at some point, but as you can imagine, we are very busy at the moment

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

At this example moment in time guys, we've very much shifted focus to bug management/reporting in the BETA. I will try to get a look at some point, but as you can imagine, we are very busy at the moment

Great to hear, though some of the things I've mentioned have been in the game for at least 2 F1 games, I'd hate if it's in the new one, as well. Well, I did my best to bring up the issues and solutions. Keep up the good work!

Hi,

I know that the current F1 game is not a sim. But I would like it to go in that direction in the future.

For example, you could insert two options for the future F1 games.

The first option would be the damage model that we have in the current F1 games.

The second option would be the Sim option. Where, for example, you can experience an engine problem yourself and have to park your car on the track.

These options to set would be great. If you drive in a league where everyone really drives fairly, you could set the Sim option. But if you only drive for fun you could set the option with the damage model of the current F1 games.

I hope Codemasters will continue to turn the F1 games into a Sim in the future.

Posted (edited)

Would like to see the pit crew more active and moving round car they seem very static and in one position.  Maybe as well adding your team's garage as the back drop to the menu screen once you set up your team it appears on screen that way everybody's game is unique to them and different depending on how you build and set up your team they done sumthing similar with the PES games few hrs back your team trained to n the back ground and you could watch them do drills while on the menu screen. Plus F1 stats and pointers from engineer thru controller mic as well while in the menu screen again livens up the menu screen. @BarryBL

Edited by SIMONTY2013

Would love to see better looking drivers for both genders and ethnicity within the game, and a more in depth driver customisation.

• Agree 1

How about in qualy if theres 2 minutes left of a session and I have enough fuel to just do a pit stop for tyres the option to do that rather than pull up in pits get jacked up and pushed into pitlane wasting 1 whole minute for sake of some tryres!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bumping for visibility, really want to shed some light on these issues that have been in the game for a few years + some nice additions for future game 🙂

Another thing I noticed when playing f1 2019 and watching some of the youtubers try f1 2020 is the AI entry to pitstop in austria, they slow down waaaaaaaaay too soon, it's easy to crash into them and completely unrealistic

Add team orders in a scrollable list where the ERS menu was in race for my team

Choose team mates strategy for qualifying/race for my team

Fix fuel consumption back to 2019, the engines are insanely thirsty in 2020

We seriously need a better livery editor.  In this day and age to have preset designs with only 3 color changes, sometimes only 2 is absurd.

I know it is part of the business plan...because now they are selling more designs.  I'll pay for a complete livery editor to create my own designs.

Then we can place the logos on top...also why couldn't they just add the sponsors to your helmet as well?

My team is great and all...but there are a lot of oversights imo.