Monaco Map bug still in F1 2020

Posted (edited)

Hi all this bug has been in the game since 2018 and it’s still there when ever there is a cut scene after the race the Monaco map appears. Watched a gameplay video of Bahrain and look it still appears. I know it’s not a game breaker but it really is just annoying to have in the game. I will also post the link to the video so you can view for yourselfs. 
https://youtu.be/hJeN4wTeaIM

37904D02-F2A1-4A61-BE64-C85243025594.thumb.png.c000a631edbeb1cc09f11f9068a9e63b.png

Edited by mykalboi
Spelling mistake
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Ghosted16 said:

Is it a bug though? 

Well its a bit weird having a Monaco map at another circuit lol surely it’s not that hard to fix   

14 minutes ago, mykalboi said:

Well its a bit weird having a Monaco map at another circuit lol surely it’s not that hard to fix   

It's probably just the default texture set they use for the pitwall, the same ones get loaded every race and they picked a random track to include in there. It's a small detail that would be nice if it were different for each track but it'd just be extra time and space for something that's barely noticeable.

• Agree 2

its not a bug, its just laziness.

it loads that graphic for every team celebration on every track.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Fetal said:

its not a bug, its just laziness.

Yep 🤦🏽‍♂️

And it appears in every garage cutscene during practice/quali too 🙄

It's not a bug, every track has the same screens, they're just recycled.

It's because the background gfx video is not synced to the game code. That would take extra resources from your machine if it was synced or it would need 22 copies (one each track) of the background gfx to be included with every game. It's like the fake data you see coming down the Tv screens it's there to add atmosphere but not supposed to actually read it lol.

So yes it's not 100% accurate fair enough. But neither is the grass at each circuit. They don't actually model different grass types they just model one type and past it everywhere. Which I don't have a problem with even though different areas of the world have different varieties of grass.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's because the background gfx video is not synced to the game code. That would take extra resources from your machine if it was synced or it would need 22 copies (one each track) of the background gfx to be included with every game. It's like the fake data you see coming down the Tv screens it's there to add atmosphere but not supposed to actually read it lol.

So yes it's not 100% accurate fair enough. But neither is the grass at each circuit. They don't actually model different grass types they just model one type and past it everywhere. Which I don't have a problem with even though different areas of the world have different varieties of grass.

This make sense. I just think it’s the little details that help make everything count. However one thing I wish they have is when you go to far into the gravel you beach it and can’t move. This should be a option of course to turn on or off though. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MrCosta96 said:

It's not a bug, every track has the same screens, they're just recycled.

I think if it bugs OP it's a bug.

It's a bit lazy and a lack of polish I guess.
But i'm just hoping they fix penalties and lobbies (and now, it seems, the ers) before they start doing this stuff.. (or halloween dlc helmets) 
Would prefer they did it all, of course. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

What chance a working clock? @TeenierNeilb69 🤣

Pushing my trigger @steviejay69.

they can do ******* mental helicopters, but not a dynamic real time “session” clock at the end of the pitlane.

always 2:10pm even at the night races.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Pushing my trigger @steviejay69.

they can do ******* mental helicopters, but not a dynamic real time “session” clock at the end of the pitlane.

always 2:10pm even at the night races.

What can we say... the word polish is a big absentee in the CM dictionary.

They had bigger fish to fry though. Like adding even more assists and auto ers for everyone!

• Confused 1

@UP100 you want to concur brah? 😛 very polished much wow? Do I need to remind there's still drs zones missing from f1 2019? 
It's the little things where you see how serious a developer takes their work and how much love they have for what they do. 

1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

@UP100 you want to concur brah? 😛 very polished much wow? Do I need to remind there's still drs zones missing from f1 2019? 
It's the little things where you see how serious a developer takes their work and how much love they have for what they do. 

Polish is the word that everyone tends to use... yet no one uses the same way. The amount of detail in F1 games has surprised me for years at this point. A lot of this detail is almost never spotted... Very rarely do people even remember that old F1 games had different loading music depending on what has happened... and that's a simple one to remember!

DRS zones aren't really polish to me as they should also exist in a development build and so on.

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Polish is the word that everyone tends to use... yet no one uses the same way. The amount of detail in F1 games has surprised me for years at this point. A lot of this detail is almost never spotted... Very rarely do people even remember that old F1 games had different loading music depending on what has happened... and that's a simple one to remember!

DRS zones aren't really polish to me as they should also exist in a development build and so on.

With polish I mean when you actually go wow, they thought of this **** ❤️ I love this game.  A good example was me playing overwatch the other day and finding out the piano's in the maps actually work and people can actually play excellent piano on them 😛

With the f1 games I usually have the opposite, still Suzuka bump, wrong drs zones, rules not implemented correctly, no tire selection in f2 cars, and, indeed, 14:10, however, you set the time. 

I must say it's been a while since I actually noticed it being Monaco on every track, but then i always skip all the cutscenes because i've seen the same ones too many times over the past years. 

polish is not a word I would use when talking about the Codemasters f1 series. especially while talking about multiplayer XD 

F1 2019 is still in a state where it shouldn't even be released yet. And you're right most of these things are a step above of polish and SHOULD be in the game and working regardless. 

Polished means to me basically everything is WAD (however much you disagree with the design choices) and extra effort has been put in the little things like matching track maps and times, so people actually think OMG THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT BUT THEY DID ❤️ 

IN f1 2019 a lot of things are NOT WAD and they keep using the same old cutscenes and textures and menus for years even when they depict another track/time. I call that a lack of polish 🙂
The fact that it could have been even worse does not make it polished in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

With polish I mean when you actually go wow, they thought of this **** ❤️ I love this game.  A good example was me playing overwatch the other day and finding out the piano's in the maps actually work and people can actually play excellent piano on them 😛

With the f1 games I usually have the opposite, still Suzuka bump, wrong drs zones, rules not implemented correctly, no tire selection in f2 cars, and, indeed, 14:10, however, you set the time. 

I must say it's been a while since I actually noticed it being Monaco on every track, but then i always skip all the cutscenes because i've seen the same ones too many times over the past years. 

polish is not a word I would use when talking about the Codemasters f1 series. especially while talking about multiplayer XD 

F1 2019 is still in a state where it shouldn't even be released yet. And you're right most of these things are a step above of polish and SHOULD be in the game and working regardless. 

Polished means to me basically everything is WAD (however much you disagree with the design choices) and extra effort has been put in the little things like matching track maps and times, so people actually think OMG THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT BUT THEY DID ❤️ 

IN f1 2019 a lot of things are NOT WAD and they keep using the same old cutscenes and textures and menus for years even when they depict another track/time. I call that a lack of polish 🙂
The fact that it could have been even worse does not make it polished in my book. 

When people find something detailed, this tends to happen

image.png.61c4cfbd3c610f52880834606bd3fdeb.png

Polish is something every game tends to have. It's just doing small things that enchance the experience. I don't consider gameplay features as polish. Although they can be polished, the fact that they aren't working doesn't mean it's because lack of polish, especially in the case of applying penalties.

I'm glad people don't spot those easter eggs and details, so that those aren't used against Codemasters as well 😁 I don't think even the most simple ones like Jeff saying "Your teammate is faster than you. Repeat, your teammate is faster than you. Do you understand the message?" have been spotted by many.

4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Polish is something every game tends to have. It's just doing small things that enchance the experience. I don't consider gameplay features as polish. Although they can be polished, the fact that they aren't working doesn't mean it's because lack of polish, especially in the case of applying penalties.

I'm glad people don't spot those easter eggs and details, so that those aren't used against Codemasters as well 😁 I don't think even the most simple ones like Jeff saying "Your teammate is faster than you. Repeat, your teammate is faster than you. Do you understand the message?" have been spotted by many.

I mean i call the safety car rules being incorrect lack of polish too. SC's are in there but half-arsed.. so unpolished in my book. 

The quote you just quoted is someone saying codemasters should focus on the right things if i read that correctly. 
also adding 1 sign isn't polish.. adding ALL THE SIGNS is polish.  making sure noone can complain about anything that isn't design choice is polish, 
and having the game actually work is polish. 

Not saying i'm not glad they do add some details/easter eggs but i think you're satisfied really quickly if a few tiny details make up for everything they missed and is not WAD. 

And i think people have spotted jeff saying that... Just doesn't make up for all the nonsense jeff talks the rest of the time. 

Agreed you can focus on the few things where they did get some polish. but that doesn't take away from the rest of the game where they did NOT. and make you think if they couldn't actually have given jeff some smart lines instead of some over-memed-reference. I think you can only call a game polished if it actually is polished... if there's only polish in some very specific places, where you seem to be hard pressed to find any examples, then they TRIED to polish but failed... and i stand by my point that having stuff WAD is step 1 in polish. not the jeff jokes. 

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Jeff never did say that to me, because i am faster then my teammate :classic_tongue: and if he does that, i will use my "Raikkonen" : "shut up i know what im doing" :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bicarda said:

And i think people have spotted jeff saying that... Just doesn't make up for all the nonsense jeff talks the rest of the time. 

Well I haven't found anything in google when trying to quote the line. I didn't expect it to be heard in-game.

14 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well I haven't found anything in google when trying to quote the line. I didn't expect it to be heard in-game.

Well i don't want to downplay it 😛 it is very good that it (and such things) is in the game. and I do like it a lot. 

Just meant that adding one great detail in an otherwise unpolished game isn't really polishing imo 🙈
As per the Cambridge definition of polished: "characterized by a high degree of development, finish, or refinement"
2019 was the opposite of refined (more like.. rushed.. think f2 and league mode, and online in general) let alone finished.
So let's hope f1 2020 changes all that.