Jump to content

Too much arcade physics this year

Recommended Posts

looking carefully at today's videos I noticed that the car has a lot of traction and something very unrealistic, you can accelerate full gas even on the curbs. Please make the curbs more realistic and lower the traction because in Bahrain you cannot do 1:25: 8 after an hour of testing. Last year's pole was 1: 27: 8. The machine passes on the curbs at 260kmh without the slightest problem. David Greco will have a lot of work to do, it is important to make the behavior of the car more realistic because now we are back to the levels of F1 2011, the car behaves in an arcade way

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have you ever watched a real life lap? They ride the kerbs at max power all the time. Lando Norris said the kerbs are way too aggressive and dangerous in this game. 

In real life Leclerc even puts a wheel on the right kerb of the notorious fast uphill turn 12 at full speed. Just watch the lap, max power kerb city and that's not even the the amount of full power kerbs they take at Monza etc. As Murray Walker said of Schumacher "just watch him eat those kerbs"

 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the curbs do cause a loss of traction, except you are forgetting these cars have enough downforce to make then stick to the roof at speed.

so in simpler terms, yes at really low speeds they would not have great traction on the curbs, but they very, very rarely touch curbs at really low speeds.

note: the game is not a sim, and probably never will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kerbs and traction were the two things drivers unanimously criticized about the game. In real life they do tend to run wider on corners exit.

Anyway I would wait till the beta (if selected) and the final game. TRL Limitless was struggling with traction while others weren't.

The same with wet weather: Tiametmarduk looked on rails while Jimmy Broadbend was sliding and countersteering left and right...

Edited by sirio994
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikyesposto95 said:

looking carefully at today's videos I noticed that the car has a lot of traction and something very unrealistic, you can accelerate full gas even on the curbs. Please make the curbs more realistic and lower the traction because in Bahrain you cannot do 1:25: 8 after an hour of testing. Last year's pole was 1: 27: 8. The machine passes on the curbs at 260kmh without the slightest problem. David Greco will have a lot of work to do, it is important to make the behavior of the car more realistic because now we are back to the levels of F1 2011, the car behaves in an arcade way

I assume that's because the tracks aren't laserscanned, so the scale of the track doesn't fit to the speed of the cars. Don't know, if you know what I mean.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Have you ever watched a real life lap? They ride the kerbs at max power all the time. Lando Norris said the kerbs are way too aggressive and dangerous in this game. 

In real life Leclerc even puts a wheel on the right kerb of the notorious fast uphill turn 12 at full speed. Just watch the lap, max power kerb city and that's not even the the amount of full power kerbs they take at Monza etc. As Murray Walker said of Schumacher "just watch him eat those kerbs"

 

Same lap with telemetry.

 

@mikyesposto95, keep in mind that this was the 2019 car. The 2020 cars are significantly faster than the 2019 ones.

 

The 2020 real life cars, very likely would have been able to put out a laptime of around 1:24:8 - 1:26's easily, with Williams probably trailing at the backend of the grid, if they had the chance to drive in Bahrain (or rather if there wasn't a pandemic lurking over our planet).

 

Imo, after having seen the 2018 / 2019 / 2020 cars in real life video footages, the only time when the kerbs should unsettle the car, is in wet conditions and or if the kerb is very high as Turn 1 / 2 of Monza. As in real life the drivers ride the Kerbs effortlessly.

 

Riding Kerbs should be balanced out by strict and fair corner cutting rules. That is the job Codemasters has to do right for F1 2020.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tiametmarduk which is not a phenomenon (with all due respect) made 1: 25: 8 with Standard set-up. Watch his video in Bahrain as he tackles turns 6 and 7 in sixth gear, cutting fiercely on the curbs and accelerating on them as if they were not there and the asphalt is in their place. It is incredibly unrealistic. For example, esports drivers in Bahrain are likely to take 1: 23, or 4.3 seconds faster than last year's pole position. I do not say that curbs must be death traps but a real car that passes on a high curb at that speed, at least you end up in the stands. Real machines have a lot of grip, but grip doesn't matter. And the behavior on the curbs, and as if they were not there and the machine remains stationary without problems. And as if I don't play there is something that forbids you to turn around. You have almost two months to improve a lot, I expect a lot of feedback in the beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys but are you kidding? look at charles' pole and see how he passes on the curbs in turns 6 and 7. Then go and see Benjamin's video again and see how he passes. Look at Charles as he doses on the gas when he comes back from the curbs while Benjamin is completely on the accelerator. In F1 2020 you can cut a lot, you can't take such a big advantage. Make the higher curbs difficult so people don't cut as in Benjamin's video, because the curbs only seem visual. Can you notify the team? @BarryBL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zandvoort is the other way around about laptimes. Current track record in real life is 1:03,* . Jan Lammers (Former f1 driver and Track Director) expects a pole time around 1 minute. Current time at the leaderbords is a 1.09

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

tiametmarduk which is not a phenomenon (with all due respect) made 1: 25: 8 with Standard set-up. Watch his video in Bahrain as he tackles turns 6 and 7 in sixth gear, cutting fiercely on the curbs and accelerating on them as if they were not there and the asphalt is in their place. It is incredibly unrealistic. For example, esports drivers in Bahrain are likely to take 1: 23, or 4.3 seconds faster than last year's pole position. I do not say that curbs must be death traps but a real car that passes on a high curb at that speed, at least you end up in the stands. Real machines have a lot of grip, but grip doesn't matter. And the behavior on the curbs, and as if they were not there and the machine remains stationary without problems. And as if I don't play there is something that forbids you to turn around. You have almost two months to improve a lot, I expect a lot of feedback in the beta

It was in hotlap mode, which makes sense - combined with the fact that sim times tend to be faster as there is no risk attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LukGluk911 said:

I assume that's because the tracks aren't laserscanned, so the scale of the track doesn't fit to the speed of the cars. Don't know, if you know what I mean.

Well I'm about 90% sure if there are scale problems, they aren't noticeable without checking the distances with some kind of tool. We also know that at least two tracks have had laser scanning data used in their creation.

Let's remember: Laser scanning isn't a magical thing that will cause your track to be as realistic as possible. You still have to create the track for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well I'm about 90% sure if there are scale problems, they aren't noticeable without checking the distances with some kind of tool. We also know that at least two tracks have had laser scanning data used in their creation.

Let's remember: Laser scanning isn't a magical thing that will cause your track to be as realistic as possible. You still have to create the track for the game.

guys there is something that prevents the car from turning around. In the videos it is clearly seen that when you are losing the car, at some point it goes straight on its own and does not turn. We want a difficult game without help, driving to the limit must be as difficult as the real drivers and not easier as seen from this beta. There was no need to add more aid to make the game easier but you had to work on the game without aid. There is no taste in never turning around because there is something preset in physics. The game is going in the wrong direction, you need to step back immediately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikyesposto95 said:

guys but are you kidding? look at charles' pole and see how he passes on the curbs in turns 6 and 7. Then go and see Benjamin's video again and see how he passes. Look at Charles as he doses on the gas when he comes back from the curbs while Benjamin is completely on the accelerator. In F1 2020 you can cut a lot, you can't take such a big advantage. Make the higher curbs difficult so people don't cut as in Benjamin's video, because the curbs only seem visual. Can you notify the team? @BarryBL

Track extension seems to be a genuine problem (Inside Kerb of Turn 2, Inside Kerb of Turn 6 & 7, Exit Kerb of Turn 13).

 

The way the 2020 ingame car behaves to kerbs though, that seems to be perfectly fine. If you saw the entire video of Tiametmarduk, he did spin when taking too much kerb at full throttle.

 

Codemasters needs to work on Track Limits.

 

Bahrain Layout:Bahrain_Circuit.png

Turn2 Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095312_YouTube.jpg

Turn2 Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095704_YouTube.jpg

Turn2 Exit Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095325_YouTube.jpg

Turn2 Exit Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095715_YouTube.jpg

Turn6 Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095400_YouTube.jpg

Turn6 Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095815_YouTube.jpg

Turn7 Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095425_YouTube.jpg

Turn7 Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095829_YouTube.jpg

Turn7 Exit Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095444_YouTube.jpg

Turn7 Exit Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095839_YouTube.jpg

Turn13 Exit Leclerc:Screenshot_20200514-095517_YouTube.jpg

Turn13 Exit Tiametmarduk:Screenshot_20200514-095908_YouTube.jpg

 

PS: Why are the tracklights on during daytime? This was a issue back In F1 2019 the game as well.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does seem a lot more stable and with better sense of traction with a controller going on TRL Limitless’ video. That said though iContrast is a very smooth player on the controller, more so than me anyhow. Think he was absolutely spot on when he said with pedals you don’t feel what you would with a controller and having the feedback through the triggers with your hands. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to me as long as i have a fun time driving the cars playing career mode and on the side multiplayer that's all that matters to me

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×