Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday 05/06/15

b) There aren't 36 tracks. There are 6 for rally, and 1 for hillclimb so far, with only 2 more coming for Germany. We need to stop repeating the lie that there are 36.
There are 36 race stages, 12 per rally, it's not so much lie but a matter of phrasing. That those twelve race stages take part on only two unique pieces of  road per rally does need to be highlighted though.

• How long have you been playing DiRT Rally and how do you feel about it? Did you start playing last week? Have you been here from the start? Let us know.
I've been playing it since May 30th, was a bit skeptical at first because I thought it was another DiRT arcade game, only challange I found in that was trying to complete a rally stage full throttle without braking. I feel pretty good about it, I like how it has this realistic vibe around it, you screw up, you can only blame yourself for not paying attention, absolutely fantastic!
  • League support - Are you in a league? Do you run one (share a link if you do)? How do you feel about our League Support
I am in a league, but it's hard to find out when to race, I check it once in a while, but yesterday I went in and checked and it said the league was over and I recieved 0 points, maybe a little notification about league updates in the main menu would be nice to check if there is any advancement, hard to keep track of every league I join, also race career to upgrade my cars and getting to know the stages.
  • The Road Book - Do you read the Road Book blog post we put up easy week? It it interesting?
Didn't know what it was, I read over the topic title a few times and thought I'll get to that, I quickly read a couple of posts just now, it is quite interesting indeed, I just read a couple of posts, interesting to see the development team's progress and good to know what they are working on.
  • What kind of thing would you like to see in it?
I can't think of anything right now, the thing that was on my mind was FFB and upcoming content development, but that's already in there.
  • How do you feel about how we handled this week's drama with the patches?
Well, it was an accident to be honest, people make mistakes, it was fixed very quick, lost my savegame in the process, but I honestly didn't mind much, gave me the chance to have a fresh start, and now played and won the Masters Championship again, so it wasn't so bad. :smile: 
  • Anything else you'd like to say? Shoot!
I've been playing a lot of career championships, and currently still title defender to the championship on master, but I seem to have some late calls of pacenotes on some stages, it's set on normal, for almost every pacenote it's very good to keep up with in Group A, but for a select few, some pacenotes like six left over crest, it becomes silent, and when I reach the point of braking because I notice a corner coming up, the co-driver then tells me there is a one right coming up, so I end up bumping the wall (not too hard because I noticed the corner), but the call was a bit late, now I like the fact that I can set the pacenotes earlier, but I find them to be too early, I need a step in between. Other then that even if I'm critical, I can't find anything  wrong with the game, it's awesome! I've seen all the upcoming content in last weeks mix up, but wondering, how many cars are going to be in the game, and are there possible DLC cars coming up in the future (after all the content until november 2015. (I'd be okey to add car packs for a price, cars need to be modelled and can't be made for free). But is there a possibility of old Lancer Evo's coming into DiRT Rally? Or any of the old Colin Mcrae rally blasts from the past (Toyota Corolla, Seat Cordoba, etc.) Maybe a change of scenery, Australia? :smiley: (just some ideas).

Thanks for everything, best rally game so far!
and great support! :blush: 

• How long have you been playing DiRT Rally // I play it since it was released, 38h in total. I'm playing every day for about an hour, it's totally relaxing for me to forget about everything around me and focus on the road ahead.
  • League support // I'm in The DTL (and foruth so far :smile: ) and in a german community league. I appreciate the feature to see the stage times of your Steam-friends ingame, but that can be a little bit better, eventually with world first / region first / country first? A little bit competition is only good for the sport :wink: 
  • The Road Book // I'm reading your Road Book entries every time, I like how you report how you build the game.
  • What kind of thing would you like to see in it? // I really appreciated the Road Book where you explained that you take actually material on all original places. That's really a must for me. I'm from Baumholder and I can't wait to see if could catch the atmosphere of the "Rally Deutschland" or if you will build another bavarian-alps-scenario-because-we-are-in-germany (which would be so wrong).
  • Patch handling // I had to work and downloaded the patch after it got fixed.
  • Anything else? // Feedback to the community (as mentioned in my other posts)! It would be nice to know which things we will see in the game...or which you even think that they can make it in the game. Furthermore I'm excited of your last physics update (air!) and like to see further improvements on that side of the game, because a racing game is not about the shiny cars, it's about the things you can't actually see.

• How long have you been playing DiRT Rally // I play it since it was released, 38h in total. I'm playing every day for about an hour, it's totally relaxing for me to forget about everything around me and focus on the road ahead.
  • League support // I'm in The DTL (and foruth so far :smile: ) and in a german community league. I appreciate the feature to see the stage times of your Steam-friends ingame, but that can be a little bit better, eventually with world first / region first / country first? A little bit competition is only good for the sport :wink: 
  • The Road Book // I'm reading your Road Book entries every time, I like how you report how you build the game.
  • What kind of thing would you like to see in it? // I really appreciated the Road Book where you explained that you take actually material on all original places. That's really a must for me. I'm from Baumholder and I can't wait to see if could catch the atmosphere of the "Rally Deutschland" or if you will build another bavarian-alps-scenario-because-we-are-in-germany (which would be so wrong).
  • Patch handling // I had to work and downloaded the patch after it got fixed.
  • Anything else? // Feedback to the community (as mentioned in my other posts)! It would be nice to know which things we will see in the game...or which you even think that they can make it in the game. Furthermore I'm excited of your last physics update (air!) and like to see further improvements on that side of the game, because a racing game is not about the shiny cars, it's about the things you can't actually see.

• How long have I played DiRT? // I played it from release until now, 38h in total. I play the game every day for at least an hour, it's totally relaxing for me to just forget about everything around me and focusing on the road ahead.
  • League support // I'm actually in two leagues: The DTL (fourth so far :smile: ) and a german community league. I'm really happy that you can see the times of other players ingame, but you could network this a little bit more. Eventually with an own friends list or something like that.
  • The Road Book // Yes, I read every road book you post and I'm interested in it. It's my favorite racing game since RBR, so really I read them :wink: 
  • What kind of thing would you like to see in it? // I appreciated the report of building the pikes peak track, it's really interesting to see how you build the game. Especially when I think that my hometown is Baumholder...you guys were there and I'm exited if you manage to create the real feeling of the "Rally Deutschland" or if it's again the bavarian-mountain-hut-style seen so often in games (which is totally wrong).
  • Patch handling // Nothing to say for me there, because I have to work and loaded the patch after it got fixed.
  • Anything else? // As far as I can say is that you're doing your job well. It would be nice (as mentioned in my posts before this one) it would be great if the community gets a feedback of their suggestions.