FIA Rules - Safety Car Restarts

Hello guys, 

On the F1 2019 game, after the safety car has left, drivers are given the green flag to resume the race, however the leader controls the pace and there should be no overtakes until drivers cross the control line. 

B3A2AEE6870F517CC300D18DD09AD9E8A012520F

I have had this in my league where I was the leader and the guy behind me overtook me before the line and got no penalty, below I will show you the rule where it says that;

"No driver may overtake another car on the track until he passes the Line (see Article 5.3) for the first time after the safety car has returned to the pits. The race will be deemed to have started when the leading car crosses the Line after the safety car has returned to the pits." https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2019_sporting_regulations_-_2019-03-12.pdf

Also, if I get hit from behind I get a 5 seconds penalty, as if I brake tested someone.. even though I have not crossed the line nor braked.

I wish I could participate in the 2020 Game Beta and contribute in order to make F1 as realistic as possible according to the rules.

Thanks for reading.

Maru

Edited by lMaru
  • Agree 4

Well that shouldn't be happening for sure.

Do you have a clip of the incident for us? And if so, I would recommend (if you haven't already) to send that to the stewards of that league who should award a penalty for that driver imo.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, lMaru said:

Hello guys, 

On the F1 2019 game, after the safety car has left, drivers are given the green flag to resume the race, however the leader controls the pace and there should be no overtakes until drivers cross the control line. 

B3A2AEE6870F517CC300D18DD09AD9E8A012520F

I have had this in my league where I was the leader and the guy behind me overtook me before the line and got no penalty, below I will show you the rule where it says that;

"No driver may overtake another car on the track until he passes the Line (see Article 5.3) for the first time after the safety car has returned to the pits. The race will be deemed to have started when the leading car crosses the Line after the safety car has returned to the pits." https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2019_sporting_regulations_-_2019-03-12.pdf

Also, if I get hit from behind I get a 5 seconds penalty, as if I brake tested someone.. even though I have not crossed the line nor braked.

I wish I could participate in the 2020 Game Beta and contribute in order to make F1 as realistic as possible according to the rules.

Thanks for reading.

Maru

Yeah it's a known misrule in this game. The rule where you can't overtake before the line doesn't get applied. 
(Neither do vsc delta times for anyone but the host... if the vsc ends before your 12 seconds you get to get back into the delta again are up.. you get no penalty. so you can just bolt it from the moment it says safety car ending even if you're then 5 seconds in the red by the time it actually ends.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Well that shouldn't be happening for sure.

Do you have a clip of the incident for us? And if so, I would recommend (if you haven't already) to send that to the stewards of that league who should award a penalty for that driver imo.

I am the organizer, I decided not to give any penalty because the game has not implemented this rule, however from now on everyone on my league knows that, that, isnt allowed. 

I do have videos of it, if codemasters need it in order to solve or implement a solution I can upload it.

7 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Yeah it's a known misrule in this game. The rule where you can't overtake before the line doesn't get applied. 
(Neither do vsc delta times for anyone but the host... if the vsc ends before your 12 seconds you get to get back into the delta again are up.. you get no penalty. so you can just bolt it from the moment it says safety car ending even if you're then 5 seconds in the red by the time it actually ends.)

I agree, it needs to be fixed.

Thanks for your replys.

Edited by lMaru
  • Like 2

And talking about such rules, the formation lap is also sth minor to take a look at. I don't really know the specific paragraph in the rules, but under 'formulation lap' you will find a rule which states that all cars are required to be driving with pit limiter activated until they have past the pole position. Would be cool to see this being implemented! It's obviously sth minor, but just gives a tad more realism.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Schneko said:

And talking about such rules, the formation lap is also sth minor to take a look at. I don't really know the specific paragraph in the rules, but under 'formulation lap' you will find a rule which states that all cars are required to be driving with pit limiter activated until they have past the pole position. Would be cool to see this being implemented! It's obviously sth minor, but just gives a tad more realism.

Formation lap? With pit limiter turned on?

15 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Formation lap? With pit limiter turned on?

Check the 2nd sentence in the attachment, that is what I said in the post above.

20200514_202556.jpg

• Like 1

I feel like no-one has asked the most obvious question yet. Did you drive slowly? The game will allow others to overtake you at that point. Sometimes it may feel like you weren't driving that slowly... for example I think I overtook @DrStrix under the SC in our most recent Codemasters Forum Championship race 😛 

50 minutes ago, Schneko said:

Well we don't have humans standing around us at the start of a formation lap... so I don't think it's worth it. Adding people would also cause performance issues I suppose.

Any contact or corner cut/extending during safety car is an immediate 5 second penalty. For league racing, this isn't really needed because there's stewarding.

36 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I feel like no-one has asked the most obvious question yet. Did you drive slowly? The game will allow others to overtake you at that point. Sometimes it may feel like you weren't driving that slowly... for example I think I overtook @DrStrix under the SC in our most recent Codemasters Forum Championship race 😛 

On both occasions I was above 100 km/h, however, Verstappen has been doing slower speeds last year see the video below.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:44 PM, UP100 said:

Yes u did.... But I forgive you!

Edited by DrStrix
  • Like 1