DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DR2 questions

Hey guys! I am sort of new to DR games (got DR1 last year, played for 2 weeks with controller, and for a week more with old wheel, wheel broke down and i stopped playing). But i got new wheel just before quarantine days so i played a lot in recent months). 

First of all - big thanx to codemasters, i played CMR games (1,2,3,04,05) and you guys are really good. And DR2 GOTY release is so awesome, thank you again.

So now that i played DR1 and DR2 for some time  - i have some questions about DR2.

1. Car setups. Is everyone just using GTR Technical ones? They are good, most of them are. And he did a tremendous amount of work to put all those setups for all those cars and stages. Kudos for that. But it would be nice to compare, you know. Also i wonder if there are any good old school texts (not videos) about tuning. There's a big text guide on steamworkshop but it is weirdly translated into english and i don't quite get the meaning sometimes. 

2. Racing lines visualisation. Now that i made it to masters in DR2 (i've won masters in DR1 with 037 and deltas, so i kinda thought i know how to drive at least) - i am struggling. I've watched some videos of the faster players and i've found out that they are using more width of the road than i usually do. So i thought if there are some videos i don't yet know about with rally racing line visualised? You know like in racing sims (GTsport etc) - where there's a line and it's color differs whether you need to slow down or not. I mean - i can win a stage or two in germany where line is easy and there isn't much drifting, but with other countries it's hard for me. 

3. Pace notes. Okay so i wanted to know how do you guys translate them into your driving? Is it gears? (like "4 left one hundred" is supposed to be done on 4th gear revving close to the limit?) Or is it actual speed (like "4 left one hundred" is supposed to be done at roughly 110 kph?) Or is it the amount of time you let off throttle? I've watched some videos of faster drivers and there are some times on the same stage they take left fours on the 4th gear and other times on the 5th gear. Also if the turn is "4 left one hundred" and you are gaining speed from a previous slower turn - does it mean you should do that 4 left on full throttle? 

4. Cars comparison. Maybe you know of a comparison (like there was in DR1) where a decent driver drives them all through a single stage and posts times of every run? That helped me a lot in DR1. And could have saved me a day of trying to race in a sierra in DR2 lol. 

5. So how exactly does getting more engineers help in my team? I have a GOTY version so i kinda started with 2.4m credits - i tried to play as if 2.4m = 0 and never spent more. But now i guess i am ok with spending it. I have fully upgraded co driver and chief mechanic - and i have 2 engineers with some upgrades. What will change if i get more engineers and fully upgrade those i have? Repairs will be done faster? Cheaper?

6. Leaderboard times. So what's you estimation, out of the first top 200 times - how many players have actually memorized the stage? i mean "by heart" as in track racing sim games - with braking points etc etc.

Have a good day and stay safe!

3 hours ago, navernoe said:

1. Car setups. Is everyone just using GTR Technical ones? 

Not necessarily.

They're a good baseline but everybody has their own preferences.

2. Racing lines visualisation. Now that i made it to masters in DR2 (i've won masters in DR1 with 037 and deltas, so i kinda thought i know how to drive at least) - i am struggling. I've watched some videos of the faster players and i've found out that they are using more width of the road than i usually do. So i thought if there are some videos i don't yet know about with rally racing line visualised?

No Racing Line assist in this game.

You've already made it to Masters so you know what you're doing, it's likely a case of braking later and getting on the throttle earlier to squeeze a few more tenths out of each corner.

3. Pace notes. Okay so i wanted to know how do you guys translate them into your driving?

Officially, the number of the corner indicates how tight it is, not how fast or what gear it is. Some cars can take a 4 flat out whereas others need to brake for example.

Once you drive the Stages enough you sort of learn them like a circuit anyway, and the notes merely serve as a reminder of what's ahead.

4. Cars comparison. Maybe you know of a comparison (like there was in DR1) where a decent driver drives them all through a single stage and posts times of every run?

I don't. @bogani did a video on them all but it wasn't a flat-out pace comparison. Your best bet is usually Leaderboards but realistically, you can be fast in any car.

6. Leaderboard times. So what's you estimation, out of the first top 200 times - how many players have actually memorized the stage? i mean "by heart" as in track racing sim games - with braking points etc etc.

Assume the Top 1% of players know the Stage off by heart to that degree.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, navernoe said:

1. Car setups. Is everyone just using GTR Technical ones?

I do.
I have no clue about tuning a car and I'm too lazy to find out.
The tunes don't make me quicker I would say, but the cars are often much more predictable.

2. Racing lines visualisation.

Well, it's the same outside-inside-outside-thing like in circuit racer I would say.
The fastest drivers even cut often the tracks (wich shouldn't be possible, but that's another theme for itself).
But you gane more time with throttle control and late braking.

3. Pace notes.

Just an indication how tight the corner is. Often is it the same gear number, but not always. Really depends how fast you reach that corner and what comes behind it. The car itself is also important, if it has a turbo with huge turbo lag or not etc.
The "100 hundred" just means, after the 4 left a 100m straight follows.

10 hours ago, navernoe said:

4. Cars comparison.

For me, it's mainly about the experience.
Sure, some cars are not much competitive in their class (like the DS 21, Ascona 400, Manta 400, 240Z, 208 T16 R5 etc.), but they are good enough to win against the toughest AI with them.

5. So how exactly does getting more engineers help in my team?

I'm pretty sure it says what benefit you get, when you upgrade them.
It's basically cheaper repairs und the parts don't lose "power" that quick.

6. Leaderboard times.

Most players in the top tier memorized most of the stage.
They are always things I forget, but the pace notes remind me then.
Out of my head I only know the critical parts and some "special" areas you can easily remember.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I'm pretty sure it says what benefit you get, when you upgrade them.
It's basically cheaper repairs und the parts don't lose "power" that quick.

Also faster repairs in Service Areas, which means you can get more done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Also faster repairs in Service Areas, which means you can get more done.

Yeah, right.
In other words: Whatever these upgrades do, just upgrade them.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 11:04 AM, navernoe said:

1. Car setups. Is everyone just using GTR Technical ones? They are good, most of them are. And he did a tremendous amount of work to put all those setups for all those cars and stages. Kudos for that. But it would be nice to compare, you know. Also i wonder if there are any good old school texts (not videos) about tuning. There's a big text guide on steamworkshop but it is weirdly translated into english and i don't quite get the meaning sometimes. 

They are also my baseline somewhat... but I also do trial and error, and know something about cars (not a lot...)

There are a lot of books and texts regarding setup, but mostly oriented to circuit racing. I can not think in one oriented to rally right now

2. Racing lines visualisation. Now that i made it to masters in DR2 (i've won masters in DR1 with 037 and deltas, so i kinda thought i know how to drive at least) - i am struggling. I've watched some videos of the faster players and i've found out that they are using more width of the road than i usually do. So i thought if there are some videos i don't yet know about with rally racing line visualised? You know like in racing sims (GTsport etc) - where there's a line and it's color differs whether you need to slow down or not. I mean - i can win a stage or two in germany where line is easy and there isn't much drifting, but with other countries it's hard for me. 

I believe racing line will differ with car and the speed you carry on...

But may I ask you... How did you get to masters (Classes and cars) and which controller do you use? It is quite an achievement... Elite in Rally is where I am stuck with Lancia/mini H1, did not try other cars thinking these are the most suitable ones

3. Pace notes. Okay so i wanted to know how do you guys translate them into your driving? Is it gears? (like "4 left one hundred" is supposed to be done on 4th gear revving close to the limit?) Or is it actual speed (like "4 left one hundred" is supposed to be done at roughly 110 kph?) Or is it the amount of time you let off throttle? I've watched some videos of faster drivers and there are some times on the same stage they take left fours on the 4th gear and other times on the 5th gear. Also if the turn is "4 left one hundred" and you are gaining speed from a previous slower turn - does it mean you should do that 4 left on full throttle? 

You must have very fast reactions to be able to get to masters without knowing exactly the pacenotes.

simple explanations

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fdirtgame%2Fcomments%2Fav77sm%2Fdirt_rally_pace_note_chartcheat_sheet%2F&psig=AOvVaw3gvGkiGdbtMa50tG-S007y&ust=1589633939695000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMDXz4T2tekCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Di-RT-RALLY-pacenotes.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.codemasters.com%2Fdirt%2F04%2Fco-driver-calls-explained%2F&psig=AOvVaw3gvGkiGdbtMa50tG-S007y&ust=1589633939695000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCMDXz4T2tekCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI

4. Cars comparison. Maybe you know of a comparison (like there was in DR1) where a decent driver drives them all through a single stage and posts times of every run? That helped me a lot in DR1. And could have saved me a day of trying to race in a sierra in DR2 lol. 

Not really, there are class comparisons, from GTR Technical (with complete videos), Skyrex.. and a lot of other users

5. So how exactly does getting more engineers help in my team? I have a GOTY version so i kinda started with 2.4m credits - i tried to play as if 2.4m = 0 and never spent more. But now i guess i am ok with spending it. I have fully upgraded co driver and chief mechanic - and i have 2 engineers with some upgrades. What will change if i get more engineers and fully upgrade those i have? Repairs will be done faster? Cheaper?

I also do not understand how the engineers work really ... one thing I can assure that your car will be repaired in less time (allowing you to select more things to repair or switch to normal repair, or even replace the part you choose without incurring in penalty times). I am missing only one engineer, and the repairs continue to cost a lot of credits, but I hardly ever can not repair the car completely in a rally at service points.

Probably they do know it perfectly (not in time trial, but daily events). In time trials I have multiple top 100, and hardly ever I can achieve top 200 in weekly.. In daily events I never got top 200, maybe once or twice.. and as you can see I can not even reach masters in career rally... (must say I only tried with H1 in career mode... maybe I should switch to 2000cc where I have more success in weekly events, or H2 RWD)

• Like 1

Phil Mills in his "final form" can swap out punctures in 30 seconds, so that's a worthy upgrade 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Im very impressed that you made it to master when you dont understand how the pace notes work! Pace notes are pretty off like a 4 could be a 3 etc but still. Good job

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wow guys - thanks for your answers. I didn't use forums much in last decade or so - glad to know this community is alive and well.

19 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Im very impressed that you made it to master when you dont understand how the pace notes work! Pace notes are pretty off like a 4 could be a 3 etc but still. Good job

21 hours ago, IgorPr said:

But may I ask you... How did you get to masters (Classes and cars) and which controller do you use? It is quite an achievement... Elite in Rally is where I am stuck with Lancia/mini H1, did not try other cars thinking these are the most suitable ones

You must have very fast reactions to be able to get to masters without knowing exactly the pacenotes.

About pace notes - well, i do know how they are explained in game - i saw those pictures with different curvatures etc, but my question was - how do you specifically "translate" them into your driving. 

About getting to masters - well, i just kinda did what i did in DR1. With each promotion I got a next gen car (H1 FWD -> H2 FWD -> H2RWD -> H3RWD -> so now i am in masters in GrBRWD - frankly not the easiest combo). When i started elite with an M3 (without engine upgrades) my times were awful. So i upgraded a car, abandoned championship, started anew. (In DR1 i got upgrades in custom championships before starting actual career championship) And i finished 4 out of 6 events (2 wins, 1 second place and got some points). DNF on other two events but surprisingly overall total got me a 3rd place in a championship - so i got promoted to masters.

At some events i do decent times, at some others mediocre times (and it's all about making it to the finish every stage - i found that in DR2 top AI drivers do tend to make more mistakes and if you make less mistakes - you get more points than they get). Some events are harder for me - some others are easier. 

As for dailies - i just recently started them - so far i had one run i am kinda proud of - a short NZ stage in 037 - i was in a top tier (№33 in ps4 leaderboard).

And you should totally check out other classes in career. At least to upgrade cars for dailies. (If i understand it right - you use "your own" car in dailies/weeklies etc. So that means it does or does not have engine upgrades (which are essential).  

I use logitech g25 wheel - nothing fancy i guess.

Edited by navernoe
  • Agree 1

It is possible to be in the top 1% of a daily/weekly without memorising whole tracks, I drive without hud and memorisation for the sake of immersion and I did manage to finish below 100 in multiplatform rankings a few times. Especially in weeklies and monthlies it's doable if you are fast and consistent. However, there are a few moments in every rally that are worth remembering, due to a late pacd note, cheeky drop etc. Generally I'd say knowing your car is more important than knowing the stage inside out. When I drove only 911 rgt I managed to get into masters in a few weeks. Then I started experimenting with other classes and dropped back to elite very quickly. :)

As for setups, I do my own because it is fun for me to experiment and solve problems. I wouldn't like to drive on the same setup as everyone else. I tried a few GTR's setups and some of them felt great (eg for Poland), but some (like Spain) didn't suit me for some reason.

With pacenotes, I used to match the gear to the number of the turn in the past. It's usually safe that way, but not very quick, as there are many 3s that you can take on a 5th gear, it all depends on the setup, track width, grip etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

navernoe,

I believe I understand you... for example in my case I usually have no problems with "low speed" turns/corners... but when it is 5th right or 6th right... if I am not cautious I tend to crash with group B 4wd for example... and if I am cautious I lose time.... some 5th I can go full throttle and some 6th I have to brake and reduce 1-2 gears

so it is difficult to judge only with the pacenotes they give us, without having the possibility to change them

Maybe I am a mediocre driver (as you can see by my results), but my fast approach to a stage in daily (or weekly, monthly) is to visualize the stage (mini map) and remember before starting just a couple of difficult corners (if it is in the first part or the last one, etc). The problem is, you can visualize hairpins, square, but not when the road narrows, when you have elevation changes, etc.  One thing I do not do (and I should) is to create a Word document with every stage and read before starting the stage (and write a couple of words after finishing the stage - keeping the text it in 5 lines or so, so it is quick to read) with the spots and turns that tend to give trouble.

Obviously the best way is as you can see not only to check the minimap before starting the stage, but driving it between 3-5 times in time trial or custom championship to replicate more or less the conditions and to familiarize with it .

This is a huge problem for me... I can drive like a grandmother and lose 1 minute - 1 minute 20 seconds to the best times on daily (on +10k stage)... or I can risk it all and to try to get good times (5% of the cases)... or practice the stage a couple of times and then go for it (i usually do not do that, but the times are better).

But if you have time, feel free to practice the stage, and at least one time with very slow approach before going full speed... this is what most of rally drivers do, so it is common practice.

Just by curiosity, which cars did you use in H2RWD and H3RWD to advance? and which car are you using with group B rwd?

with group B RWD I can barely control the Lancia 037 (and I believe it is the fastest for me), but for example right now I always use BMW M1 in daily events of group B RWD and it is impossible for me to drive it, I always crash at least one time in every stage... while I did manage to control the Lancia 037 (more or less)... I just can not understand how there are people that can drive it...

But then for example with Lancia Stratos a lot of people have complaints... and for me it is one of most enjoyable cars, in Argentina if I do not crash I usually get very good times (I only have problems when I reach high speeds with the Stratos, but it does not happen in Argentina)

Edited by IgorPr
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, PJTierney said:

it's likely a case of braking later

On 5/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

late braking.

Im going to be very controversial here, and say I actually disagree with this. My reasoning, is that it puts you too far onto a knife edge in terms of car control. The later you brake, the harder you have to brake. That is all fine and well in some cars, especially on tarmac. But on loose surfaces, especially the ice of Monte Carlo; its going to give you far less control of the car. More likely to lock up underbraking, which means braking induced understeer. Not to mention some cars like to overtake the front under heavy braking. And although that latter aspect can be solved with tuning, to a point. I tend to go for a much more balanced approch with regards for braking. I usually brake over a longer distence, but with less pressure on the pedal. This allows me to maximise my grip in the corners, and then power out of them. I find its much more consistent, far less risky (perfect for those daily and career rally session where damage can ruin your run), and I dont find my times suffer for it.

Ive always been told my approch in sim racing is odd, and also wrong. But whether I am driving in a circuit racing title like iRacing or Assetto Corsa, drifting in a racing title, or playing a Rally title like Dirt. I always use the approch of braking earlier with less pressure.

So for me, the benifits of braking late; especially in a rally game. Just put to much risk to car control, and makes it much more likely you will make a mistake. So it can potentially cost you more time than it can save.

Im not saying late braking cant work, because its results do speak for itself, when no errors are made. But it isnt the gateway into getting faster that it is often believed to be.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, IgorPr said:

Just by curiosity, which cars did you use in H2RWD and H3RWD to advance? and which car are you using with group B rwd?

Hey! Thanks for your reply! - I tend to have difficult times with 5s and 4s. 6 is usually (like 90%) flat out if there are no crests/jumps and incoming tighter corners oh and that's if the car is positioned okay on entry(not completely sideways). 

Your idea about editing pace notes - oh man, that would be so awesome. I hope that one day someone will do it.

As for my cars progression in DR2 it's this: Mini -> VW Golf -> Ford Escort Mk2 (probably Kadett would be a bit safer choice, but ford is fun) -> BMW M3 (tried Sierra - not my cup of tea) -> Lancia 037.  I think 037 is the perfect rwd racing car in this game. It's lightweight, it's bloody fast, it's supercharged (so no turbolags). I find it more predictable than Stratos. They are kinda similar but to an extent. Those 80 extra hp matter. In Stratos - IF you get the hang of it - you just go fast. In 037 like 60% of the times i am switching to fifth gear - It's fear inducing (as it perhaps is supposed to be). 

Oh and masters championship is ahem - well i'd say it's grandmasters championship. These are my "screenshots". One is current leaderboard (ps4 only) and the other - my stage ranking2020-05-18_22-02-27.png.3f4910d18d4ca67164cf1c0bf4c2fcab.png

2020-05-18_22-02-48.png.c8655aa993658bc0b1154fb8755cda4e.png

Yep, 2 AI drivers smash current WR (okay ps4 WR). So i now have zero chances of winning and so far it's ok with me. 

Edited by navernoe

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, navernoe said:

Hey! Thanks for your reply! - I tend to have difficult times with 5s and 4s. 6 is usually (like 90%) flat out if there are no crests/jumps and incoming tighter corners oh and that's if the car is positioned okay on entry(not completely sideways). 

Your idea about editing pace notes - oh man, that would be so awesome. I hope that one day someone will do it.

As for my cars progression in DR2 it's this: Mini -> VW Golf -> Ford Escort Mk2 (probably Kadett would be a bit safer choice, but ford is fun) -> BMW M3 (tried Sierra - not my cup of tea) -> Lancia 037.  I think 037 is the perfect rwd racing car in this game. It's lightweight, it's bloody fast, it's supercharged (so no turbolags). I find it more predictable than Stratos. They are kinda similar but to an extent. Those 80 extra hp matter. In Stratos - IF you get the hang of it - you just go fast. In 037 like 60% of the times i am switching to fifth gear - It's fear inducing (as it perhaps is supposed to be). 

Oh and masters championship is ahem - well i'd say it's grandmasters championship. These are my "screenshots". One is current leaderboard (ps4 only) and the other - my stage ranking2020-05-18_22-02-27.png.3f4910d18d4ca67164cf1c0bf4c2fcab.png

2020-05-18_22-02-48.png.c8655aa993658bc0b1154fb8755cda4e.png

Yep, 2 AI drivers smash current WR (okay ps4 WR). So i now have zero chances of winning and so far it's ok with me. 

The global record in time trial is 4.03.418 (dusk/wet) and only 29 have even given it a try. Its possible, just keep pushing

btw use softs if you dont do it already

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had 15 minutes before a meeting so I hopped on that stage, so we have 30 entries so far. Sub 4:00 is very doable with a clean run, I'd suspect a 3:45 with the faster cars wouldn't be too hard either.

@navernoe

1. GTR has some tunes a lot of people like. They are not necessary to be fast or win though. Find what fits you well, find what lets you not fight the car, and you'll be fast. I race 100% stock tunes. It forces me to change my driving style on a per car basis, sometimes dramatically, but I find it more fun that way - because I'm having fun I race more and typically am faster because of it. Enjoy the drive and you'll be fast.

2. No visualizations I can give you, but what helps some people is to think of it this way. Your job as a racer is to find the absolute shortest route between the start and end. This means taking an apex line that shortens a corner by 10ft, cutting over a curb during a super fast chicane of 6's to remove 30ft and maintain 10mph higher exit speed. Things like this are where the real time is at. Late braking helps, good throttle control can quicken your pace out of corners. But you want some real hard numbers?

100m @ 50mph takes 4.47387 s

100m @ 60mph takes 3.72823 s

Leaving a corner 10mph faster and maintaining that gap through a 100m straight can take over half a second off of your times. Literally almost nothing else matters but conserving momentum. That is 99% of setting the stupid fast times. You also will need to start thinking like a circuit racer. Which corners are the ones you should focus on entry speed because they lead into consecutive tight cuts where you'll be in a low gear regardless? Which ones are worth sacrificing some entry speed to make sure without a doubt you hit your apex flawlessly and can be on throttle immediately for the 200m straight after it? This is where the time is

3. Pace notes are weird and personal. A 4 Left in Argentina is a very different approach than a 4 Left in Finland even if you're using the same car. The real information is what is before/after any given call. "3L Opens 4 200(m)" you should be basically trying to take at the fastest "4" you can imagine because it an accelerating exit corner - it is literally designed to help you haul ass out of. But a "6R into 4L tightens" you need to be extra cautious on that approach because you'll already be unstable from slowing heavily out of the 6 and still need to keep it tidy for the tightens. Don't think about individual corners, think about the line into and out of it. The # you hear called after a corner severity, like the "200(m)" I used above [read: 200] it just is the distance after the last call before you act on the next call. So in that case it is a 200m straight after the exit of the 4.

4. Any car is viable enough against majority of challenges you'll face. You can take what many consider "bottom tier" cars in any class and finish top 10 on the dailies with them. Skyrex was already linked, but go find what you find fun to drive. It's more satisfying to win with something you enjoy, especially if it is in a car most doubted.

5. Engineer help you fix things faster, sooner, and for cheaper. More advanced is always better. If you have credits to waste BUY THEM ALL

6. You can set WRs without "memorizing" the stages. I'd say most of the stages in game I know about 50% of any given part of the actual road pretty well. I know most of the "gotchya" corners on any stage, but a lot of my races I'm also going "oh yeah, this stage has those corners" or "ah damn I forgot about this terrible section was right here" for lots of it. This isn't to say you can get all WR's this way, because once the challengers come out the time starts to absolutely plummet. When the "Time Trial Gangs" show up from any of the Discords, you will see absolutely asinine things happen. 12 DS21's coming out of no where to steal the top of a leaderboard from the mini/fulvia and do it by like 20 seconds. Mustangs showing up in Finland/Wet to absolutely stomp Porsches and BMW M2's by 15 seconds on a Sprint. People chasing down sub-5:00 on a Long stage in Sweden in Group B... 👽👽👽

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 2

If you can post times that good driving an 037 in Finland, you're doing well! Keep at it. After losing my SSD the other week due to a damaged power connection, I will more than likely have to start everything from scratch. However, it gives me the chance to do better, better than I did before, but, by no means better than everyone else. You have to do the best you can do and keep pressing on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

If you can post times that good driving an 037 in Finland, you're doing well! Keep at it. After losing my SSD the other week due to a damaged power connection, I will more than likely have to start everything from scratch. However, it gives me the chance to do better, better than I did before, but, by no means better than everyone else. You have to do the best you can do and keep pressing on.

all your progress should be saved in the cloud so no worries about that. 🙂

Oh,

I'd actually rather start from scratch, so I can set meaningful times in the McRae Subaru. I feel like I'm getting somewhere if I'm smashing PB's and not trying to beat stuff I set in better cars when I was still playing the game regularly.

2 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Oh,

I'd actually rather start from scratch, so I can set meaningful times in the McRae Subaru. I feel like I'm getting somewhere if I'm smashing PB's and not trying to beat stuff I set in better cars when I was still playing the game regularly.

options and extras > profile > save management and reset it 🙂

Cool! I might just do that then! Been so long since I played I'll have forgotten how to do it. Not looking forward to manually entering all those setups again though!