Cant see drivers crash helmet in t-cam this year

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL All the T-Cam footage this year you cannot see the drivers crash helmet, when youtubers have moved the camera back to try and see the drivers crash helmet the FOV goes crazy wide and you have to drive seeing the sidepods, this was not a problem in last years game as you could see drivers crash helmet by default in T-cam. Now you either have 2 choices no crash helmet no sidepods or crash helmet and sidepods. I hope they can fix this before the game is released or have a 'legacy' t-cam. The main issue seems to be the 'master' starting position of the camera is different this year and no adjustment seems to get it to last years cam.

When one of the main youtubers was asked if he could set the camera in t-cam to how last years game looked (on the left pic) they replied I can't get it to look like last years without the sidepods taking over my screen. 

We've had the original view for years now we shouldn't have had it changed

Image-1.jpg

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

At least this means we're probably not getting Halloween helmet DLC again which would be nice. Maybe we get a nice Halloween bugfix patch in return. 

4 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Be able to edit cameras 

Youtuber tried to edit the camera to look like last year he couldn't get it to look like last years view when you see the crash helmet now you have sidepods on screen.

He says it looks like they have moved the master starting position of the camera.

For all the players who want to see driver colours on helmet etc its no good this year. 

10 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

TRLLIMITLESS had the car airbox glitching in his screen to try and get the old view back

We've had the original view for years now we shouldn't have had it changed

Image-1.jpg

You can fix this with the near clip plane slider, it removes any bits that glitch through the camera.

But it can't move the master starting position of the camera which seems to have changed this year as they can't get the old look back

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

But it can't move the master starting position of the camera which seems to have changed this year as they can't get the old look back

Looking at the screenshots the 2020 default camera is positioned higher, further back and angled downwards a bit more which is why you see the sidepods. If for any reason the default/custom T-cam settings won't allow to revert this you can always edit the offset cam and center it, it has a different range of positions. I'll be glad to give it a go if I get selected for the beta, I'm fairly sure I could make it work by tweaking the right settings.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Tbh, the cockpit cam also looked quite different to what I'm used to from 2019. Don't know how much custom camera positions can change about that. Weird design decision or bugged camera. Either way, I feel like there's some work to be done in this regard for both camera options.

• Agree 1

I'd already adjusted the 2019 camera to show more of the helmet. Hopefully this can be tweaked for the new release.

1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

Looking at the screenshots the 2020 default camera is positioned higher, further back and angled downwards a bit more which is why you see the sidepods. If for any reason the default/custom T-cam settings won't allow to revert this you can always edit the offset cam and center it, it has a different range of positions. I'll be glad to give it a go if I get selected for the beta, I'm fairly sure I could make it work by tweaking the right settings.

Thanks @Worntoathread would be great if you get selected for the beta and you can test that for me. If I get selected I would happily test anything for you also. Some great folks on this forum 😀 

• Like 1

I quite like the new angle, don't think it will take too much getting used to. In 2016 I used the the camera that was positioned to the left of the driver and when 2017 rocked up, the normal t-cam was quite easy to adjust to.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mattitudey2j said:

I quite like the new angle, don't think it will take too much getting used to. In 2016 I used the the camera that was positioned to the left of the driver and when 2017 rocked up, the normal t-cam was quite easy to adjust to.

Not about adjusting to it. The complaint is for players who like to see the drivers helmet and colours as they drive. Last years cam was perfect for that

Edited by TomAAA

11 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Not about adjusting to it. The complaint is for players who like to see the drivers helmet and colours as they drive. Last years cam was perfect for that

Well aware of what the complaint is. 🙄

Sorry I'm gonna be cheeky and point out the irony I see here. So....the people who only use tcam, which is undoubtedly a fantasy view point that only spectators at home can see on the the telly, want to be reminded of this out of body experience by....seeing their own virtual helmet front and below their control method? That's like sitting in the back seat on a chair! I figured the new view was to HELP tcam users forget that they were using an unrealistic view by HIDING the obvious give away to the illusion. Their own head literally between their OWN legs!

Sorry I just couldn't help that, I nearly wrote that earlier but it's been bugging me all day I just had to drop it in here.

DISCLAIMER :I have no preference as to how this view is displayed as I never use it, so I will go and quietly leave this thread now!

🤔😜

• Haha 2

The tcam assist is enhanced folks, a higher and superior view to enable easier driving. You should all be rejoicing, not complaining...

• Haha 3

I would use cockpit but the majority use tcam. I feel your at a little disadvantaged with cockpit in racing as your vision is far worse the it is in tcam. Full respect to those who league race with cockpit

In F1 2019 what I ended up doing was moving T-Cam Offset to the middle, and adjusting that (by default it's set further back than T-Cam). That should give the viewing range you want without stretching the FOV too much 🙂 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

In F1 2019 what I ended up doing was moving T-Cam Offset to the middle, and adjusting that (by default it's set further back than T-Cam). That should give the viewing range you want without stretching the FOV too much 🙂 

I did the same thing, though I wonder why the game doesn't allow for a bit of a wider slider range for the default T-cam, I can never get the view that I want with it. I'd prefer to keep the offset T-cam as it is for replays etc. 

I don't think I actually understand the problem here. Why would you want to see the driver helmet? I have used cockpit and t-cam in F1 2019, but I always look for the most beneficial view. How can I see the mirrors, how can I see most of the track and how can I see all the information on my steering wheel? But the driver helmet... What is the use of seeing the top of a helmet? Just a genuine question.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Falstojudilofa said:

I don't think I actually understand the problem here. Why would you want to see the driver helmet? I have used cockpit and t-cam in F1 2019, but I always look for the most beneficial view. How can I see the mirrors, how can I see most of the track and how can I see all the information on my steering wheel? But the driver helmet... What is the use of seeing the top of a helmet? Just a genuine question.

I used to prefer it back in the day to get a similar view to what you see on TV, I liked seeing the head move around and of course being able to see the helmet design. 

These days when I'm not using cockpit cam, I prefer to set the camera so I don't see the helmet but just the top of the cockpit with the wheel to make it feel more like I'm driving it. 

Edited by Worntoathread

I normally set the view back as far as I can so that I get decent peripheral vision (important for multiplayer), but not too far back that the roll hoop is clipping or the car is distorted.

My reference point has always been F1 2011:

image.png