Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017 crash after the first end session in Austria

Ztr00p3r

Hi there, thanks for answering.

1.        A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

- The game crashes when I start to play career mode after the first qualification laps session.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

- V 1.13
3.       Game-mode?

- Career mode, sometimes also happens in instant race.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

- Yes, I just try to run career mode and it crashes afterwards.
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

- Every time.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

-Yes, I unnistalled and installed the game, check the files, I have nvidia driver 445.87 also tried to change a few settings in the graphics.
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

- Xbox 360 controller wired.
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

-Yes, it's attached.

DxDiag.txt

4 hours ago, Ztr00p3r said:

Hi there, thanks for answering.

1.        A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

- The game crashes when I start to play career mode after the first qualification laps session.
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

- V 1.13
3.       Game-mode?

- Career mode, sometimes also happens in instant race.
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

- Yes, I just try to run career mode and it crashes afterwards.
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

- Every time.
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

-Yes, I unnistalled and installed the game, check the files, I have nvidia driver 445.87 also tried to change a few settings in the graphics.
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

- Xbox 360 controller wired.
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

-Yes, it's attached.

DxDiag.txt

Try the suggestion at the head of this forum about Nvidia Graphics Cards crashing....?

43 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Try the suggestion at the head of this forum about Nvidia Graphics Cards crashing....?

I didn't try that because I thought that is for F1 2019 and probably didn't work for 2017, but I'll try that tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Ztr00p3r said:

I didn't try that because I thought that is for F1 2019 and probably didn't work for 2017, but I'll try that tomorrow.

It’s an Nvidia bug! Something goes wrong with the game it’s automatically a Codemasters issue?

Nope. It runs on a load of different kit with different settings and levels of patching.

Motherboards, controllers all have potentially differing firmware, sometimes SSDs even GFX BIOS.

CPUs have errata (see motherboard).

Oh and Nvidia are also capable of writing terrible code.

Windows is a moving target, etcetera.

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It’s an Nvidia bug! Something goes wrong with the game it’s automatically a Codemasters issue?

Nope. It runs on a load of different kit with different settings and levels of patching.

Motherboards, controllers all have potentially differing firmware, sometimes SSDs even GFX BIOS.

CPUs have errata (see motherboard).

Oh and Nvidia are also capable of writing terrible code.

Windows is a moving target, etcetera.

I just installed the driver but it didn't work, still crashing on career mode.

2 hours ago, Ztr00p3r said:

I just installed the driver but it didn't work, still crashing on career mode.

I would try other game modes. If the other modes work OK then it is probably related to the save.

OR there are a few more options. Are you playing in an Administrator account (NOT Standard account with Game shortcut elevated)?

Do you have Protected Folder Access enabled in Windows Security (disable if so)? 

If you post crash dumps, hardware_settings_config.xml if none of these suggestions work then I will look more closely at the drivers and motherboard BIOS.

Edit: BIOS v2B (Z170 KRAIT GAMING 3X)

ASMedia USB driver (or try removing software, uninstall any software, uninstall device via device manager, delete the software for this device, let W10 inbox driver try)

ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card (can you try wired or try removing this card, please?), last driver from ASUS dated 2015, so this already on W10 inbox driver.

Intel Serial I/O driver

Intel I-219V driver

Updated Realtek Audio driver (Nahimic audio can be finicky if drivers are not right)

(There is a bit of a rabbit warren about the monitor firmware needing an upgrade to v2, but it looks like it needs hardware or a return to Benq, probably out of window now though)

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I would try other game modes. If the other modes work OK then it is probably related to the save.

OR there are a few more options. Are you playing in an Administrator account (NOT Standard account with Game shortcut elevated)?

Do you have Protected Folder Access enabled in Windows Security (disable if so)? 

If you post crash dumps, hardware_settings_config.xml if none of these suggestions work then I will look more closely at the drivers and motherboard BIOS.

Edit: BIOS v2B (Z170 KRAIT GAMING 3X)

ASMedia USB driver (or try removing software, uninstall any software, uninstall device via device manager, delete the software for this device, let W10 inbox driver try)

ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card (can you try wired or try removing this card, please?), last driver from ASUS dated 2015, so this already on W10 inbox driver.

Intel Serial I/O driver

Intel I-219V driver

Updated Realtek Audio driver (Nahimic audio can be finicky if drivers are not right)

(There is a bit of a rabbit warren about the monitor firmware needing an upgrade to v2, but it looks like it needs hardware or a return to Benq, probably out of window now though)

In other modes I can play but when the race finishes, the game crashes to desktop.

I dont know how to get crash dump, I dont know if it helps but I have the xml from event viewer.

I disabled the protection of it in eset internet security.

I'm going to wait for your answer before I start to do the updates.

hardware_settings_config.xml

hardware_settings_info.xml

event viewer.txt

22 minutes ago, Ztr00p3r said:

In other modes I can play but when the race finishes, the game crashes to desktop.

I dont know how to get crash dump, I dont know if it helps but I have the xml from event viewer.

I disabled the protection of it in eset internet security.

I'm going to wait for your answer before I start to do the updates.

hardware_settings_config.xml

hardware_settings_info.xml

event viewer.txt

Crash dump 

I would uninstall eset and use Windows Defender security. 3rd party AV in W10 is unnecessary.

The BIOS update is significant as is the sound and probably removing the WiFi card. The ASMedia driver set is also problematic.

CodeMeter.exe can you block that from running? (Dongle software?)

On 5/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, steviejay69 said:

Crash dump 

I would uninstall eset and use Windows Defender security. 3rd party AV in W10 is unnecessary.

The BIOS update is significant as is the sound and probably removing the WiFi card. The ASMedia driver set is also problematic.

CodeMeter.exe can you block that from running? (Dongle software?)

Thank you so much, it worked. I uninstalled the ASMedia, stopped CodeMeter for good and updated the BIOS and now it's not crashing anymore. I don't have much time to play it today but tomorrow or monday I'll play more to see if the crashes are gone for good. 

Edit: Still going strong, I can't thank you 2 enough.

Archived