Jump to content

Adding a disc version of the game to steam?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi.

I've been holding off buying because I'd like to buy a disc copy of F1 2020 for PC but can I then have access to it on Steam like usual? I really want to preorder for the amazing steel book but am I gonna have problems playing with Steam friends? Probably a really stupid question but things were contradicting on other sites. Thanks

Edited by Karter430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Karter430 said:

Hi.

I've been holding off buying because I'd like to buy a disc copy of F1 2020 for PC but can I then have access to it on Steam like usual? I really want to preorder for the amazing steel book but am I gonna have problems playing with Steam friends? Probably a really stupid question but things were contradicting on other sites. Thanks

You shouldn't as you need Steam to play it anyway whethre you get a disc version or not

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game box will include a code (or possibly two) you'll type into Steam. You're free to use the DVDs provided or install the game from the Steam servers 🙂 

Good luck for you Steelbook search! I basically have no chance of ever getting one 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The game box will include a code (or possibly two) you'll type into Steam. You're free to use the DVDs provided or install the game from the Steam servers 🙂 

Good luck for you Steelbook search! I basically have no chance of ever getting one 😞 

Thanks both of you for the help. I was just now able to order the steelbook from GAME if you were looking for a place with stock! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karter430 said:

Thanks both of you for the help. I was just now able to order the steelbook from GAME if you were looking for a place with stock! 

Honestly I'm just lazy. It's always a bit of a annoying task to figure out how to get a thing from another country to here. Sometimes it's hard to get a package from one part of Helsinki to another without it doing a 300km detour... which is what happened with my GRID (2019) DVD copy 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×