F1 2020 Ps store

Hey,is it known when it will be available in the PS store for pre-order?

Codemasters currently don't know, although it will be present before launch. My guess is PSN/the playstation store is acting up. On their site you can fill in your email to keep up to date about the changes!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

Codemasters currently don't know, although it will be present before launch. My guess is PSN/the playstation store is acting up. On their site you can fill in your email to keep up to date about the changes!

Yes, you're right. 

Apparently you will not be able to pre order f12020 on psn store .

I have no idea and no one has answered why this is. 

You can still buy f12020 on psn stores on release day .

You can pre order through Amazon though.

All it means is you get 3 days early access. 

Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Apparently you will not be able to pre order f12020 on psn store .

I have no idea and no one has answered why this is. 

You can still buy f12020 on psn stores on release day .

You can pre order through Amazon though.

All it means is you get 3 days early access. 

Hope this helps. 

That’s seems really odd to me. Maybe there has been an issue around licensing or something. It could have something to do with the PS5 launch this year but guess we will have to see.

Anyone have any idea if f1 2020 will be on PS Now. F1 2019 is already on there. If not does anyone know when f1 2019 was uploaded to PS now from it's release date?

10 minutes ago, AndrewGreave561 said:

Anyone have any idea if f1 2020 will be on PS Now. F1 2019 is already on there. If not does anyone know when f1 2019 was uploaded to PS now from it's release date?

If F1 2020 goes onto PS now, I would imagine it would be out later on in the games cycle but I may be wrong

You mean on the store .

As far as weve been told.  F12020 will not be available to pre order with the 3 days early access. 

I suppose they got fed up (sony that is) 

It also seems what ever I say on here .codemasters then buys the rights to the game or buy the company. 

For the 1st time ever. After I had finished an f12019 full distance race and just stopped the live stream via PS4 to YOUTUBE  .I got an email saying I was in copyright .

It said both Formula one management and codemasters.   What was weird was in a 3 hour video which I've done for hundreds of other f1 and pcars2. It said only 1 minute and 45 seconds of the videos was in breach of copyright.  .

All I did was look back twice and it showed the word venus on rear wing. Obviously in reverse hahaha. 

But yeah getting back to your original question. F12020 I doubt will be available on ps now. As that's a separate subscription from the normal ps4 subscription. 

Normally order the game on disc but dunno if can trust the post at the minute with COVID 

I normally pre order it at argos tbh.

Then occasionally I was even go and pick it up at the local argos store. 

As a rule I always buy the disc version. 

Last year was the first time that I  bought it off the ps4 store. 

There seems to be a problem with the PS store in terms of pre-orders. Assetto Corsa Competizione can't be pre-ordered either on PS4

No idea, but there is no need to fret about it. It will be available before release probably, and most certainly on release day.

If I'd were to wager here, I'd bet on Sony certifying the game. F1 2020 will release on July 10, and it happens that Sony decided to set July 13 as a quite important date: every game released on there onward needs to be forwards compatible with the PS5.

I imagine it must be quite a queue there in their certification proceedings. I mean, with coronavirus, understaffing, new routines to check for because of the forwards compatibility, and maybe Codemasters not being the most resourceful ($$$) of developers to anticipate all these circumstances and send the game earlier than scheduled for certification.

6 hours ago, marioho said:

No idea, but there is no need to fret about it. It will be available before release probably, and most certainly on release day.

If I'd were to wager here, I'd bet on Sony certifying the game. F1 2020 will release on July 10, and it happens that Sony decided to set July 13 as a quite important date: every game released on there onward needs to be forwards compatible with the PS5.

I imagine it must be quite a queue there in their certification proceedings. I mean, with coronavirus, understaffing, new routines to check for because of the forwards compatibility, and maybe Codemasters not being the most resourceful ($$$) of developers to anticipate all these circumstances and send the game earlier than scheduled for certification.

Wrong. 

Every game that is submitted for certification from July 13 onward needs to be compatible with PS5. If F1 2020 hasn't been submitted for certification yet, it definitely will be before the Schumacher Deluxe Edition is released on July 7.

13 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Wrong. 

Every game that is submitted for certification from July 13 onward needs to be compatible with PS5. If F1 2020 hasn't been submitted for certification yet, it definitely will be before the Schumacher Deluxe Edition is released on July 7.

Sorry. I said released instead of submitted for certification. But you do realize that everything else I said is perfectly aligned with your comment, right? Never said that F1 2020 will undergo the PS5 certification process.

What I meant is that the whole Sony's certification proceedings must be with a hell of a queue with the current unforeseen circumstances stacked with the changes related to the new console.

Though we don't really know how these things take place, I'd wager it is safe to assume that everyone – from developers to Sony themselves – are tangled up with deadlines.

An update: Nascar Heat 5 stated their game, coming out on the 10th of July, won't be available for pre-orders, they stated:

"Essentially we're in "line" to have NH5 added to the store for pre-order, but the line is moving so slowly it's looking more and more unlikely we'll make it before launch day.

Better safe than sorry!"

This is really a huge disappointment as I was looking forward to ordering the Schumi edition beforehand so I can pre-download it and start playing straight away. Maybe Codies would be so kind to give an update? 

35 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

An update: Nascar Heat 5 stated their game, coming out on the 10th of July, won't be available for pre-orders, they stated:

"Essentially we're in "line" to have NH5 added to the store for pre-order, but the line is moving so slowly it's looking more and more unlikely we'll make it before launch day.

Better safe than sorry!"

Heh, turns out our suspicions were rather on target.

That's crazy, I don't know Sony's process but they are seriously dropping the ball by not letting anyone have online preorders. I'm curious if Codemasters can confirm if we can still purchase it online on July 7th, or if it's not going to be on the store until July 10th.