Cool down laps for F1 2020

Codemasters please add cool down laps for F1 2020 that would make it fell me realistic

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

Would anyone actually drive the lap more than once or twice? I'm sure Codemasters have the data on how many players drive the formation lap and will make their decisions based on that. 

I was one of the players who wanted a formation lap in the game but after the novelty wore off, I switched it off. Now I only use it when I'm showing off the game to friends or family. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Would anyone actually drive the lap more than once or twice? I'm sure Codemasters have the data on how many players drive the formation lap and will make their decisions based on that. 

I was one of the players who wanted a formation lap in the game but after the novelty wore off, I switched it off. Now I only use it when I'm showing off the game to friends or family. 

I would drive it pretty much every time when I'd have done a 50% race/league race and it would be a really good addition compared to... ehem Multiplayer Liveries which no one uses, because we can't make our own even on F1 2020. And tbh, It should be in the game after 10 years already at this point, just for the sake of realism (they don't even have to make it so that you need enough fuel and have to pick up leftover rubber from the straights). I mean, it just feels off putting not being able to continue after crossing the finish line and I don't think it would be that hard to implement now, would it?

• Agree 4

I find it kind of relaxing to slow down after a long race, it's better than just losing the wheel when you're so tensed up? Please somebody think of us OLD people!, 👵😜.

But yeh I turn it off for short races as it just gets in the way.. And yes I have run out of fuel in project cars on the cool down and it felt good just parking the car on the grass and waving to the fans for a minute 👋👋😉

• Haha 3

I don't think it will happen this year though. According to the footage that was on YouTube, at the end of the race it gets taken over as usual but know you get a giant driver of the day picture in the middle of he screen showing which driver has won it. I would rather have a cool down lap and drive into the pits with the team waiting than have a giant picture of the AI getting driver of the day as it will be in 2020. Pic here: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/gj5kd0/new_driver_of_the_day_after_the_race/

It could be quite good if they made something cool for this cool down lap. Maybe all the stewards come out to the side of the circuit waving their flags, the crowd volume turned up so you can hear the roar, more radio chatter (team boss too maybe) if you exceed or completely fail on your objective hearing that ecstasy in their voices or sheer frustration/anger and if you finish on the podium, would be cool to manually drive all the way around, into the pits (or pit straight in Monaco) to your position marker while giving it a little tap!

Otherwise no it would get boring real quick and skipped a lot after the first season.

• Agree 1

I can just imagine the fury at the lack of realism when at spa youre forced to drive a full cool down lap. 

But all jokes aside it would be neat for the first two races but would soon get turned off and skipped

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1